I am mildly tired of reading about people claiming that traditional martial arts will die, or traditional styles, or traditional wushu, etc. etc. It will never die. To put it simply, there will always be students dedicated to a particular style, regardless to it's relevance or effectiveness in the modern world. People claiming that the end of TMA is near should just stop and think about what they are saying. The invention of guns and modern weapondry has made martial arts pretty much obsolete. If you wish to kill somone, simply pull a colt 44 on them and shoot them. Still, martial arts survive. They survived the cultural revolution, when kung fu had to be practiced and taught in secret, when you would be put to death for practicing kung fu. It has survived this, yet people are still worried that MMA and such will cause TMA to be a thing of the past. That's ludicrous. Part of the reason i enjoy learning a TMA is that i can be proud in the fact that i am learning a historical art, that has been passed down through history and It just provides a sense of pride. The advent of MMA may cause Traditional martial arts to become much more uncommon, but they will never die. All it takes is one person who knows that art, and for him to pass it on for it to survive. Look at archery. It is an uncommon practice wherever guns can be easily obtained. Yet there are still people who devote there lives to perfecting there archery, even if it would be easier to use a gun. It's an archaic skill, yet it is still practiced. You may say that modern archery is much diffrent than traditional archery, I can recall watching a television program in which an archer using a traditional english longbow and the entire outfit was called in for a demonstration. There will always be traditional martial arts, as well as traditional styles, even if it is just for the romance of being part of a thousand year old tradition. Anyway, that's just my two cents. Thanks for taking the time to read it.