Thread: MMA...Multiple Attackers

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce W Sims View Post
    And I agree with what you are saying. My question was going back a bit BEFORE that stage of application, though.

This is a bit of an OVER-simplification of my point but let me try this.

IF--- there was a method of dealing with multiple assailants it would probably require inflicting debilitating damage on the attackers. It also might also take some time to learn. (This is discounting for a moment that we are talking about h2h or a cold weapon as opposed to drawing as gun and hitting non-lethal targets such as the knees, ankles or hips. )

The first question is whether people would be inclined to take the time to actually learn such debilitating material, given that it existed.

The second question is, having mastered this debilitating material, would a person actually USE it?
    I know the reflex response to these questions is usually "yes" on both counts, but most times I really have to wonder. Thoughts?

Best Wishes,

Bruce
    I would weigh the likelihood of such an encounter to investing time in such training. I liken it to guys to take all sorts of "survival" training yet live in a city and the chances of them actually having to use any such skills are near zero. Same with MA, most pple who think and train for "da D3@d!y sTr33tS" probably will NEVER be in a situation to use it.
    Last edited by Asia; 10-10-2007 at 02:43 PM.
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Emperor of Baji!!!

(Spellcheck by Chang Style Novice!)