Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post
90% of the schools out there are mac kung fu. you have to live with it/
That is what I say all the time. Actually I sometimes say 95% plus. This figure does not show 95% of this forum's kung fu "gods" in good light, inspite of their DVDS..lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb
yes and no i am saying. l;ast mastch i saw of 2 authentic kung fu masters form the 30's in HK looked like 2 people who studied for a year. you should look it up. white crane vs something else.
Does that mean that they are all bad. A Chinese sifu that I know had seen that video and had commented that these are typical of masters who don't train the combat aspects of kung fu. Was the sifu in question a glorified kickboxer? No. He was as traditional as you can get!

western boxing styles exist in kung fu system?
I believe that some boxing style punches exist in kung fu but within the framwork of kung fu principles regarding body structure. I.e they don't hop around while executing the technique and they don't raise their shoulders.

and yes we all know san shou is a sport. but its still kung fu.
Sport kung fu. However, that does not make all kickboxing practice classify as kung fu!

obviously, i never said any difference. back at you. but you have to understand kick boxing is kung fu.
No it is not!

Unfortunately when practising the typical kickboxing which is a ring SPORT you will go against some kung fu principles eg. rooting.

and its easier to get then all these throws and chin-na's so it is a good starting point.
It is not a good starting point because you are going to build bad habits (as far as kung fu is concerned) from day 1.

dont tell me you went into advanced training on your first day?
No the first day or months were spent on painfull roots training. Explanation of principles and how they applied to practice. Conditioning. Later on Iron Palm and Chi Sao. Sparring and more Iron Palm and so on.

I don't think that you know what is involved in traditional kung fu training and it is not about hopping around in a ring and kickboxing!

i would seriously like to see you throw a couple punches.
Believe me, you wouldn't!

agreed. same goes for karate and tkd.
Which would put serious doubt on the 95% of those here who have crosstrained their "whatever" kung fu with karate and tkd.

maybe we can meet and i can demonstrate on you?
You mean you are going to demonstrate the immortal kickboxing jabs, crosses and hooks?

not saying it is better. talking from a sport perspective it is different. go look at old boxer photo's comapred to new ones. they learn new techniques and idea's to train. kung fu needs to do the same.

First of all I am not talking about boxing nor am I discussing SPORTS!

That may be the root of you misunderstanding my posts.

i got the impression thats the way you were. from the posts you put up.
Well your impression was dead wrong!

I would say that perhaps you are a little gullible and have fallen for the misinformation spread by the likes of lkfmdc, Sanjuro ronin and SimonM.

that was a silly statement, I have to find the book I have and reread what it said in there about this subject.
If you find the book then please return it to the person who sold it to you and get your money back. You can even hit him, if no one is looking.

nope I haven't. I have used my kung fu successfully.
Are you sure that it was not kickboxing that you used? After all, most martial arts work if they are trained well.