Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MMA "defeats" MMA (For the Enjoyment of my Wing Chun friends)

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    lol don;t go there he will say you don't have the real TCMA and thus your years don't could...we have all been there
    True, as the same holds true for all the rest of you Mcdojo fodder....

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    True, as the same holds true for all the rest of you Mcdojo fodder....
    yep not all of us can learn from authentic spartans

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    I see you are still living in denial of the fact that you are totally clueless about the true scope of the TCMAs. However, don't worry as you are in good company here, including, T-Niehoff, Knifefighter, Anerlich, Frost and a few other Mcdojo fodders who post here (together with their "decades of experience").
    haha think what you will haha i care not.

Oh really?

Then please show me where. You can't do that because you are LYING, and that is what all of you kung fu-clueless MMA-ists do when your back is against the wall!
    Lying?? lol.... lets take a poll shall we?? I wish they would ban you from here honestly you are a worthless waste of space.
    am one of the few people that I know who hasn't got any chip on my shoulder, however I really and truly detest UNQUALIFIED comments, not just about kung fu, but also about other subject matters, by people who possess at best a superficial knowledge regarding the subject matters they discuss and methodologies they are so ready to criticize.

I believe that people doing that are silly and even IRRESPONSIBLE and as far as the TCMAs are concerned, send the wrong messages to any kung fu newbie who ventures here to this forum for some TCMA advice and knowledge enhancement, and gets a lecture on the benefits of BJJ, Muay Thai and MMA, not forgetting Tae Kwon Do!

So in short I don't care what none TCMA arts you practice, just take your "crap" to the relevant forums!!!

I hope that my position is clearer for you now.
    grow up. You live in fantasy TCMA land I gave up a long time ago trying to argue that piece with you because it's a hopeless cause, like you yourself. I've never lectured you on the practices of those other arts because in all reality your so entrenched with your dogma that it's pointless.

so in short I don't care what you do, and this is a free forum and I'll do what the he11 I want.

I hope my position is clearer to you now as well.
    Last edited by Dragonzbane76; 05-20-2010 at 08:44 AM.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    haha think what you will haha i care not.
    You are one of those "care free" type of knuckleheads, I see. Well I for one respect that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76
    Lying?? lol.... lets take a poll shall we??
    Let's not take a poll as most "kung fu" ("I have trained it along with BJJ, TKD, MT, Greco Roman, boxing, Judo and karate) people here are as clueless as you.

Let's have you show us where I said that "Who is the best" or justify you saying that I started this thread to make a "who is the best" point!

You can't do that because you were LYING, and that is what knuckleheads with no kung fu substance have been doing here for a long time and at the expense of traditionalists like myself!

I wish they would ban you from here honestly you are a worthless waste of space.
    Yes, lets ban all the kung fu people who react to the constant barrage of negativity thrown onto TCMA practices. That way all the knuckleheads will be free to have "intellectual" discussions on the benefits of big muscles and sleeping with their punch bags.....

grow up. You live in fantasy TCMA land
    So, one lives in "fantasy TCMA land" if one does not want every TCMA discussion in a KUNG FU forum turning into a "benefits of MMA/BJJ" discussion?

Very interesting.......

I gave up a long time ago trying to argue that piece with you
    And you did right. I mean what TCMA methodologies can you possibly discuss with someone like me? The benefits of weight lifting, perhaps? Or, the benefits of BJJ for my kung fu? LOL

because it's a hopeless cause,
    Of course it is!

How can you discuss kung fu when you don't even comprehend the scope of the Internals? How can you make an intelligent point when you really don't understand the finer points of a subject matter?

So, yes it is hopeless for you to try and discuss kung fu with someone who actually trained it!

I've never lectured you on the practices of those other arts because in all reality your so entrenched with your dogma that it's pointless.
    Yes, what our planet needs now, is the likes you "lecturing" us on TCMA practices...LOL.

Don't you see, you have no point of reference. You identify more with the likes of Terrence Niehoff, Knifefighter and Frost, then anyone else because you are a cross trainng MMA-ist. So, go ahead and lecture us about the benefits of MMA and cross training (as if we don't get enough of that already from our other "kung fu experts" here), but please do so in the MMA THREADS!

so in short I don't care what you do, and this is a free forum and I'll do what the he11 I want.
    It seems that "what the hell you want" includes 'chasing' me across the threads with your idiotic posts?

Even in this thread, your "contributions" have been irrelevant, as I was just being light-hearted with the video clip. However, your heart being more in the MMA methodologies than kung fu, you took it as an offence came in here for a "fight", or in your case, a "beating"...LOL

I hope my position is clearer to you now as well.
    Your CLUELESS (TCMA) position has always been clear to me........
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 05-20-2010 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    yep not all of us can learn from authentic spartans
    The authentic "spartans" in question can beat you into a sorry pulp, before you can even say "BJJ"...

And you did right. I mean what TCMA methodologies can you possibly discuss with someone like me? The benefits of weight lifting, perhaps? Or, the benefits of BJJ for my kung fu? LOL
    weight lifting?? when have i ever stated anything about weight lifting? Why would I mention any of the above to you when you are just as clueless to anything else as you "say" i am to yours. and as for TCMA methods I guess you burned your bridge along time ago in concerns to what i know.

Let's not take a poll as most "kung fu" ("I have trained it along with BJJ, TKD, MT, Greco Roman, boxing, Judo and karate) people here are as clueless as you.
    this is a martial arts forum last time I noticed. Oh I forgot you have to have your iron ruling fist on what is discussed. Next you'll have us Goose-stepping in time and burning books. Not far off the mark for your personality imo.

Yes, lets ban all the kung fu people who react to the constant barrage of negativity thrown onto TCMA practices. That way all the knuckleheads will be free to have "intellectual" discussions on the benefits of big muscles and sleeping with their punch bags.....
    Nope just you.

Of course it is!

How can you discuss kung fu when you don't even comprehend the scope of the Internals? How can you make an intelligent point when you really don't understand the finer points of a subject matter?

So, yes it is hopeless for you to try and discuss kung fu with someone who actually trained it!
    It's not the subject matter my dear watson; it's the person i'm discussing them with.
    Yes, what our planet needs now for the likes of people like you "lecturing" us on TCMA practices...LOL.
    think you missed the mark by a mile on comprehention but it's ok i've come to an understanding that you are short on that.
    It seems that "what the hell you want" includes 'chasing' me across the threads with your idiotic posts?
    nope just my civic duty to inform those not knowing of you the cliff they are facing.
    However, your heart being more in the MMA methodologies than kung fu, you took it as an offence came in here for a "fight", or in your case, a "beating"...LOL
    offence?? have no idea where you took it as offence? I had no ill thoughts, watched the vid and commented that they probably had more take down defence than 'most' wc or TCMAs.
    Your CLUELESS (TCMA) position has always been clear to me........
    And yours of IDIOT (overall) postion has always been clear to me.......
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.

weight lifting?? when have i ever stated anything about weight lifting? Why would I mention any of the above to you when you are just as clueless to anything else as you "say" i am to yours.
    I know "who" you are from your attitude!

and as for TCMA methods I guess you burned your bridge along time ago in concerns to what i know.
    And I wiil forever be thankful to the good lord for inspiring me to burn that bridge...LOL

this is a martial arts forum last time I noticed.
    The martial arts are a big subject area, my boy, just like food, for example. [You don't think before you type, do you?]

The parallel here would be some hamburger/hot dog cooks going into a Chinese gourmet food forum and telling everyone that Chinese food is out of date and bad, and that everyone should include burgers and hot dogs into their diets because they are faster and more practical to cook and eat....LOL

So the best would be for the burger cooks to limit their repetitive advice to themselves or to Hamburger forums, so to speak.

Oh I forgot you have to have your iron ruling fist on what is discussed.
    NO, it is just a case of plain logic and common sense, not to mention courtesy and respectfulness!

Next you'll have us Goose-stepping in time and burning books. Not far off the mark for your personality imo.
    For possible future book burnings, please pay attention to your own country's oncoming dictatorship, towards which you are tip toeing as we speak.....

Nope just you.
    "just you", because I make you look like an idiot whenever you approach me with your unprovoked personal "attacks"?

It's not the subject matter my dear watson; it's the person i'm discussing them with.
    Of course it is the person you are discussing with and not the subject matter. I mean you couldn't discuss genuine TCMA methodologies with me even if your life depended on it..LOL

think you missed the mark by a mile on comprehention but it's ok i've come to an understanding that you are short on that.
    My comprehension is fine but your sense of irony needs some work......

nope just my civic duty to inform those not knowing of you the cliff they are facing.
    Let me get this right, your country is involved in two illegal wars where thousands of innocent people are dying on BOTH sides, on daily basis. Your Constitution is being torn to shreds as the days go by, by corrupt politician/leaders, the same ones who are taking away your god given rights as a human being, as we speak, and have sold your country, lock, stock and barrel, to the banking cartels, and you see it as your "civic duty" to warn your knucklehead MMA buddies here in the forums, against me, just because I showed you to be clueless about authentic TCMA practices????? LOL

I must say, for an intelletually challenged person, you are a pretty interesting character...

offence?? have no idea where you took it as offence? I had no ill thoughts,
    And yet we are still here in a "discussion" provoked by your "good" self, where I am having a good laugh, while you babble incoherently as you always do....

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonazbane76
    ...watched the vid and commented that they probably had more take down defence than 'most' wc or TCMAs.
    You perceived your MMAs being mocked and your participation in this thread and subsequent comment was a retaliation in "defense" of your beloved MMA.

You and your lot are MMA-ists at the core, no matter how you disguise yourselves!!!

And for the clip, I still maitain that you need to worry more about their KNOCK OUT DEFENSES than their take down ones...LOL, LOL, LOL..

And yours of IDIOT (overall) postion has always been clear to me.......
    At this point in time I doubt that anything is clear in that hazy and confused mind of yours, but I am not god and I did not create you, so it is a case of live and let live........
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 05-20-2010 at 04:12 PM.

I know "who" you are from your attitude!
    psychic ... lol goes good with your tinfoil hat.
    And I wiil forever be thankful to the good lord for inspiring me to burn that bridge...LOL
    Me to.
    The martial arts are a big subject area, my boy, just like food, for example. [You don't think before you type, do you?]
    blah blah blah... how would you know about martial arts as a "big" subject area? your stuck in fantasy land most times enough to condemn every other style besides internal Tcma. pull your head outta your butt the air is much nicer out here.
    For possible future book burnings, please pay attention to your own country's oncoming dictatorship, towards which you are tip toeing as we speak.....
    LOL....
    Let me get this right, your country is involved in two illegal wars where thousands of innocent people are dying on BOTH sides, on daily basis. Your Constitution is being torn to shreds as the days go by, by corrupt politician/leaders, the same ones who are taking away your god given rights as a human being, as we speak, and have sold your country, lock, stock and barrel, to the banking cartels, and you see it as your "civic duty" to warn your knucklehead MMA buddies here in the forums, against me, just because I showed you to be clueless about authentic TCMA practices????? LOL

I must say, for an intelletually challenged person, you are a pretty interesting character...
    mudding the waters... not a far fetched strat. from you.
    "just you", because I make you look like an idiot whenever you approach me with your unprovoked personal "attacks"?
    nah because you lack people skills and need to learn them.

I mean you couldn't discuss genuine TCMA methodologies with me even if your life depended on it..LOL
    like i said i don't want to discuss that with you that time has passed.
    where I am having a good laugh,
    me to!
    And for the clip, I still maitain that you need to worry more about their KNOCK OUT DEFENSES than their take down ones...LOL, LOL, LOL..
    I need not worry about anything sheee... speaking mma what are you commenting on mma for you have no background in it therefore you cannot comment on it... (is that how you do it with the TCMA thing?)
    At this point in time I doubt that anything is clear in that hazy and confused mind of yours, but I am not god and I did not create you, so it is a case of live and let live........
    crystal clear to be exact, I see you for what you are and on the last note i agree live and let live... just some are handicapped (you) and we have to tolerate such existances.

psychic ... lol
    See, that is what Internal training can do for you....

goes good with your tinfoil hat.
    You say that because people like you don't see beyond their noses. Furthermore, where I live is too hot for tin foil hats, but do continue wearing one, as you seem to be obsessed with them...LOL

blah blah blah...
    I didn't get that, are you attempting in vain, to discuss authentic Wing Chun and TCMA methodologies???

how would you know about martial arts as a "big" subject area?
    Easy, I have a brain and I can think. At this stage this may sound incredible to the likes of you but then you have a lot of brain cell development ahead of you. Meaning that in a decade or so you will reach the Chimpanzee level of intellect and then after few more decades and with a lot of luck, you may get to average human thinking capabilities. So not to worry.....

your stuck in fantasy land most times enough to condemn every other style besides internal Tcma.
    More LIES again!

Can you show me where I "condemned every other style"??????
    You can't can you? That is because you are lying!

Tell me, have been having a lot of dinners with Dave Ross recently?

pull your head outta your butt the air is much nicer out here.
    How would you know?

mudding the waters... not a far fetched strat. from you.
    nah because you lack people skills and need to learn them.
    Correction, I lack knucklehead skills, as I believe being diplomatic and polite to you guys is a waste of time.

like i said i don't want to discuss that with you that time has passed.
    I thank the almighty creator who made me miss the "opportunity" to discuss your views on authentic Internal TCMA training methodologies....LOL

I need not worry about anything sheee... speaking mma what are you commenting on mma for you have no background in it therefore you cannot comment on it...
    Again, it is that thing called, wait for it now, are you sitting down? Ok, it is that thing called intelligence!

When any martial artist sees a fight where within the first 10 seconds both fighters knock each other completely out, then the only conclusion is that they need to work on their knock out defenses (and not on how much their takedown skills are supposedly better than traditionalists...LOL).

Of course, I am talking about a relatively intelligent conclusion, while knowing that in your case you would need a few "decades" of MMA training and people knocking the crap out of you, for you to be able to come to the same conclusion....

(is that how you do it with the TCMA thing?)
    Yes, and I still do. You and the Terrence's and knifefighters (etc.) of this world are completely clueless when it comes to the TCMAs.

crystal clear to be exact,
    You seem to be in denial. Further proof that you need psychological help. Why don't you try the nut house where you used to work. You might get some discounted treatment?

I see you for what you are and
    And you are jealous? That is understandable, but like I have told you many times before, it is not too late, if look hard enough you may find a charitable authentic kung fu sifu who may take pity on you and teach you some of the real stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane
    on the last note i agree live and let live...
    You agree with me???? LOL. I don't believe that for one minute...I mean no one's IQ can jump up that fast, NO ONE!

just some are handicapped (you) and we have to tolerate such existances.
    Handicap????? Christ, now he is talking golf....LOL

Been cross training eh?

I mean it is good to be prepared, just in case you are attacked by golfer in a dark alley....LOL
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 05-20-2010 at 11:32 PM.

You and the Terrence's and knifefighters (etc.) of this world are completely clueless when it comes to the TCMAs.
    That may be the case, but you cannot deny the fact that they probably have more actual fighting experience than most people who claim to know TCMA. Actual fighting experience, regardless of style, will trump any "book knowledge" out there.

It's like comparing a person who's had 4 years of a college education about business with someone who has successfully run a real-world business for the past 4 years. Which is more valuable?

One thing is for certain, I've found there to be certain universal truths about fighting that go beyond styles. The human body can only move in certain ways, and that being the case there are going to be better ways to do things over others that become evident through testing...regardless of one's affinity to one style or the other.

Though I do see how you can get peeved with every thread getting derailed by one or the other.
    Last edited by SAAMAG; 05-20-2010 at 11:31 PM.
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

Quote Originally Posted by Vankuen View Post
    That may be the case, but you cannot deny the fact that they probably have more actual fighting experience than most people who claim to know TCMA.
    I am not too sure about everyone of them....

Quote Originally Posted by Vankuen
    Actual fighting experience, regardless of style, will trump any "book knowledge" out there
    Very true, but why does it have to be one or the other, as there are people out there who are TCMA-ists with fighting experience. They know how to make their art work and they teach their arts without b@stardizing them, while they use the "fighting angle" and combat effectiveness as a base.

It's like comparing a person who's had 4 years of a college education about business with someone who has successfully run a real-world business for the past 4 years. Which is more valuable?
    The real world experience, of course, but again there are people out there who have the college degrees and the real world experience.

One thing is for certain, I've found there to be certain universal truths about fighting that go beyond styles. The human body can only move in certain ways, and that being the case there are going to be better ways to do things over others that become evident through testing...regardless of one's affinity to one style or the other.
    True, but when one delves deeper into some of the TCMAs then one begins to realize the logic behind some of the more "unnatural" moves and concepts.

Though I do see how you can get peeved with every thread getting derailed by one or the other.
    Well, I do because it is always the same. We have people who come into threads and put down the traditional practices in which they obviously have not had more than a superficial experience.

Then we have others who while claiming lineage, go on to blow the cross training and MMA trumpet as the ONLY WAY, not realizing that there are lineages and methodolgies within the same arts (in this case Wing Chun) that they have no idea about, and these contain approaches that they cannot even imagine.

There are those who come out and say that Wing Chun has the XYZ short comings and recommend cross training in none TCMAs to fill those "gaps", while at the same time feeling insulted if one suggests that perhaps at least some of their perceived shortcomings were due to their lineage/school/teacher.

No one seems to have the attention span to delve deeper into their arts, nor the willingness to drop their egos, to see the matters in a clearer fashion.

And on and on it goes
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 05-21-2010 at 12:43 AM.

Well, I do because it is always the same. We have people who come into threads and put down the traditional practices in which they obviously have not had more than a superficial experience.

Then we have others who while claiming lineage, go on to blow the cross training and MMA trumpet as the ONLY WAY, not realizing that there are lineages and methodolgies within the same arts (in this case Wing Chun) that they have no idea about, and these contain approaches that they cannot even imagine.

There are those who come out and say that Wing Chun has the XYZ short comings and recommend cross training in none TCMAs to fill those "gaps", while at the same time feeling insulted if one suggests that perhaps at least some of their perceived shortcomings were due to their lineage/school/teacher.

No one seems to have the attention span to delve deeper into their arts, nor the willingness to drop their egos, to see the matters in a clearer fashion.

And on and on it goes
    Well, I think that people come to their conclusions based on their experiences. Not everyone's experiences are the same. True, we all call what we do/did wing chun--but those are really just words.

The MMA thing has always been in existence in some form or fashion, even in the formation of wing chun itself. It's just that today MMA is the new buzzword for it. I personally can't stand the term anymore because of all the hype...as I cross trained before it was a fad.

Don't let it get to you so much though HW. It's just a forum for people who like to "discuss" and have "fruitful" conversations. I personally just do it to pass the time when not doing other things. That and to see what sort of photos Sanjuro comes up with now and again.

As far as the attention span thing...maybe there's nothing more to delve into any longer? Maybe things are not as complicated as some TCMA's make them seem? Maybe you're right and some folks have martial arts ADD. But again...who cares? Remember that several paths lead to the top of a mountain, and as those paths near their destination they become closer to one another until they finally converge at the precipice.
    Last edited by SAAMAG; 05-21-2010 at 12:54 AM.
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

The authentic "spartans" in question can beat you into a sorry pulp, before you can even say "BJJ"...
    sure he could (i have never said i did BJJ) i have grappled and done MMA amongst other things though

who are the modern spartans?? And where do they gather for Dungeons & Dragons?? Can I trade in my old x-men comics for a class?

Quote Originally Posted by punchdrunk View Post
    who are the modern spartans?? And where do they gather for Dungeons & Dragons?? Can I trade in my old x-men comics for a class?
    they are in the rain forests of brazil as far as i can gather

mind you if he was my student i think i'd run off to the forests to hide too!