Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello everyone!

Smile Hello everyone!

Hi there everybody!

Just wanted to introduce myself to the board. I am new to the world of martial arts even though I have held an interest in it since I was very young. Did a very short stint in Tang Soo Do as a youth and now am a new member of a school that teaches a very unique style of White Crane Kung Fu. I am really enjoying it and am really excited to learn about not only my style and school, but martial arts in general.

Anyways, if this thread is not needed or in the wrong place or whatever, feel free to delete. Just wanted to greet everyone formally and say hello. Inquiries welcome! Peace!

Welcome, stay a while, have some tea, maybe a few laughs but always remember this:
    The MA is a PERSONAL journey and as such, whatever path YOU CHOOSE will always be right for YOU if you enjoy it and are getting what you want out of it.
    Have a sense of humour about this place and never, ever take it personally.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Why is it unique?
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by SanHeChuan View Post
    Why is it unique?
    From what I have been told, only my Sigong graduated with enough material to teach and he was the only person in America teaching this style when he came from China. He has since passed and as far as I know, there are only two people who reached instructor level under my Sigong. One of them is my Sifu. Our style is a blending of Choy Lay Fut and Tibetan White Crane.

so what's the style called?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

TOISAN White Crane

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Lung View Post
    TOISAN White Crane
    and who, may I ask, is your sigung?

So it's Bai He from Toisan?

I learned a black tiger style that comes from toisan.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    and who, may I ask, is your sigung?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    now, now, don't go scaring off the newbie...

yeah I wanna hear more about this.

or.... Quiet you!

Kung Fu is good for you.

Hi there everybody!

Just wanted to introduce myself to the board. I am new to the world of martial arts even though I have held an interest in it since I was very young. Did a very short stint in Tang Soo Do as a youth and now am a new member of a school that teaches a very unique style of White Crane Kung Fu. I am really enjoying it and am really excited to learn about not only my style and school, but martial arts in general.

Anyways, if this thread is not needed or in the wrong place or whatever, feel free to delete. Just wanted to greet everyone formally and say hello. Inquiries welcome! Peace!
    Welcome to the forum.

Tell us more about your White Crane studies and style. Are you aware of many peculiarities that distinguish this style from other Crane system? If so, then please share some details.

Good to have you here.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    So it's Bai He from Toisan?
    As I understand it, yes. The style was created by a teacher of Choy Lay Fut and a teacher of Tibetan White Crane. My Sigong was Master Ruhu Zhu who passed away in March of this year. I actually didnt get to meet him but he is the one who brought this style to the U.S. from China.

To Hardwork 108: I am probably not as aware of the similarities/differences from the other White Crane styles as I am very new to this style and MA in general (in earnest). If you have info to add, please do!

To MasterKiller: Funny guy!

Any other questions or discussion topics are most welcome!

As I understand it, yes. The style was created by a teacher of Choy Lay Fut and a teacher of Tibetan White Crane. My Sigong was Master Ruhu Zhu who passed away in March of this year.
    where did he teach? what was his lineage? why are you using a Mandarin pronunciation of his name if he is from Toishan? who is your current sifu and where does he teach?

I'm asking this because there are not too many people teaching CLF / TWC combo systems, in fact it was pretty unique to one school in Toisan, and the only other person I am aware of doing this was my sifu Chan Tai San, and he started teaching in the states in the mid-80's, so I'm wondering if ur sigung was the same lineage as him and when he came to the US...