Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
sonnen dominated the whole fight. Great wrestling. Looks like he's been studying the GSP handbook.
Sonnen was a Div 1 AA and Olympic alternate. Not to mention this is how he's beat all his best competition. GSP's wrestling isn't in the same category as Sonnen. Not to knock GSP. But it took a lot more than just the ability to get a double to keep Silva on his back that whole fight. I don't know if GSP has that level of total control, he could take Silva down but I don't think he'd keep him there like happened with Sonnen. I agree though, Silva got dominated. He might have got the W in the end. But he got his ass beat for 23 minutes. The thing that sucks for Sonnen though is that armbar wasn't really set, I think if he wouldn't have tapped he'd probably have slipped out of it. Silva was just controlling the wrist 1 on 1, Sonnen probably could have rotated the arm a bit to relieve some pressure and gone from there. That said, he needs to work on his sub defense before a rematch. Silva was setting that particular triangle up for a bout 15 seconds or so (and really trying to isolate an arm the whole fight), Sonnen should have recognized it.