Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where's the Beef?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    How does Gracie stand up to a swordsman?
    If you beat me with

- open hands, I'll come back with knife.
    - knife, I'll come back with gun.
    - gun, I'll sue you.

CMA is much much more than just open hands fight.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    If you beat me with

- open hands, I'll come back with knife.
    - knife, I'll come back with gun.
    - gun, I'll sue you.

CMA is much much more than just open hands fight.
    It sure is.

The prerequisite to suing someone who is shooting at you is that you survive the shooting first. so, grenade.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    How does Gracie stand up to a swordsman?
    Probably as well as the medeival swordsmen who practiced Ringen Am Schwert and killed their opponents on the ground did.

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post

what is in now at MA scene?

what is out now?

what is the next in?

hwat is beyond mma/bjj phase?

I think we're in an exciting phase of MA development. I think that we're going to see a lot of productive development in the serious TMA schools.

My prediction is we'll see a de-emphasis of forms and a simplification of techniques.

We'll see serious study of internal and external strength development plus flexibility, muscular strength, and explosiveness.

A real ground game based on BJJ will be incorporated.

Weapons will be simplified too and updated... Hopefully to Stick, knife, pepper spray, and firearms (we'll have real combat veterans bringing home their experience).

In short - we'll lose everything that's lead to flowery fists and embroidery kicks. All of this thanks to MMA and Youtube.

Blog Entries
    My prediction is we'll see a de-emphasis of forms and a simplification of techniques.
    Brother, for the schools that DO take their fighting side of their system serious, forms are definitely being de-emphasized and more and more pad work, sparring, and working it out and modifying things that were iffy into something that does work better are taking place.

I know at least i have de-emphasized forms by taking out the basics and combinations in the form and putting them to work. i've found once too often students being confused on why they were doing the things they were doing. so now, i give the forms to my students after they demonstrate a decent understanding and knowledge of what and why.

One thing i realized early on in my training is that if you don't strike ANYTHING during your practice sessions for years how do you know if your strikes were effective and can stop an attacker? Like the sentiments of some, there's only so much air you can strike before realizing its not the most effective way to develop your striking. you have to develop that k.o. power and ALL beginners don't have that.

So first thing i do to all new students is test their punching ability. if you can't hit harder than your two year old sister you're not going to do anything else until you do.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 10-29-2010 at 01:00 PM.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    Bother, for the schools that DO take their fighting side of their system serious, forms are definitely being de-emphasized and more and more pad work, sparring, and working it out and modifying things that were iffy into something that does work better are taking place.

I know at least i have de-emphasized forms by taking out the basics and combinations in the form and putting them to work. i've found once too often students being confused on why they were doing the things they were doing. so now, i give the forms to my students after they demonstrate a decent understanding and knowledge of what and why.

One thing i realized early on in my training is that if you don't strike ANYTHING during your practice sessions for years how do you know if your strikes were effective and can stop an attacker? Like the sentiments of some, there's only so much air you can strike before realizing its not the most effective way to develop your striking. you have to develop that k.o. power and ALL beginners don't have that.

So first thing i do to all new students is test their punching ability. if you can't hit harder than your two year old sister you're not going to do anything else until you do.
    Frank has leopard fisted the correct right in the ovaries !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Thumbs up

so now, i give the forms to my students after they demonstrate a decent understanding and knowledge of what and why.
    I betcha this is the way it was supposed to be.

Blog Entries
    Frank has leopard fisted the correct right in the ovaries !
    You know what really solidified it for me? first was seeing that most embarrassing display of Drunken Style vs Japanese Karate. I thought it would be cool before to learn drunken forms but after that display on the video i did a 180 and changed my mind on ever learning anything drunken. those guys are supposed to be deadly but couldn't kill a fly in a mid air collision with their fist.

second was seeing how HARD MMA guys strike. the power behind MMA strikes far exceeds many of those who just focus on forms in TCMA. blame alot of that on the esoteric masters who focus on the Sun, Moon, Stars and Quazars.

I NEVER WANT MY SCHOOLS NAME to be connected to those who talk big but cannot back up their words with actions. PERIOD.

You know what really solidified it for me? first was seeing that most embarrassing display of Drunken Style vs Japanese Karate. I thought it would be cool before to learn drunken forms but after that display on the video i did a 180 and changed my mind on ever learning anything drunken. those guys are supposed to be deadly but couldn't kill a fly in a mid air collision with their fist.

second was seeing how HARD MMA guys strike. the power behind MMA strikes far exceeds many of those who just focus on forms in TCMA. blame alot of that on the esoteric masters who focus on the Sun, Moon, Stars and Quazars.

I NEVER WANT MY SCHOOLS NAME to be connected to those who talk big but cannot back up their words with actions. PERIOD.
    We learn, we grow, we evolve, we kick ass and bang babes with nice tits, great asses and faces like Jessica Alba !!
    Its the TCMA way !!
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Blog Entries
    We learn, we grow, we evolve, we kick ass and bang babes with nice tits, great asses and faces like Jessica Alba !!
    Its the TCMA way !!
    hey as long as the jus LOOK like her....not sure if the rumors are true but something about HERPES was mentioned. BUT man, is she FINNNNNNNNE!

hey as long as the jus LOOK like her....not sure if the rumors are true but something about HERPES was mentioned. BUT man, is she FINNNNNNNNE!
    I would risk the herpes... yes Jessica Alba is that fine.

Blog Entries
    How many forumers here actually use a swimming pool to practice their strikes?

How many forumers here actually use a swimming pool to practice their strikes?
    Lake. When you live on a Peninsula in the middle of the Great Lakes... Lakes are easy to find.

Blog Entries
    I would risk the herpes... yes Jessica Alba is that fine.
    YES! and you got the HONOR of at least saying "I Got Herpes from Jessica Alba". LMFAO!!!!!

First define to me what "real kung fu" is.