Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Science Saved My Soul

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    The church creates all these constructs of having one person thinking they can actually convert another person and so on. It is of course utter nonsense as the only way that anyone comes to god is by their own free will and accord and understanding.

putting on a cloth does nothing more than put a cloth on. it's what is in the heart and mind that counts and if people convert because they are afraid of the consequences, they aren't doing anything at all are they?
    100% correct.
    It is, in the end, always about control on the part of the organized religious heiarchy.
    As you know I am a Christian and best describes as an "old catholic", which means I believe in universal salvation for all ( God; gift of Grace through Christ).
    Some denominations believe that only those "predestined" by God will ever "find God" and other believe that only those "born again" will be saved.
    Of course in the bible you will find SELECTED passages to support BOTH views, simply because when taken out of context almost anything ever written can be used to support almost any view !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    100% correct.
    It is, in the end, always about control on the part of the organized religious heiarchy.
    As you know I am a Christian and best describes as an "old catholic", which means I believe in universal salvation for all ( God; gift of Grace through Christ).
    Some denominations believe that only those "predestined" by God will ever "find God" and other believe that only those "born again" will be saved.
    Of course in the bible you will find SELECTED passages to support BOTH views, simply because when taken out of context almost anything ever written can be used to support almost any view !
    Yes, it covers all those paths that you will find in any church. Because all those paths are open to begin with.

You can find God's love through many ways, but when you do, you will find it in your heart and mind where it's always been and God's love, is your love expanded to others!

God reveals, to those who open their eyes and there is no language or set ritual to that. For some people, the construct of religion and church helps them to make the bridge in themselves.

For others, it is a blockade of confusing doctrine and dogma and fear that is driven by self interest. Takes time with them.

And then, there is the tale of the wheat and the thales in the Christian way. One of my personal favorites when it comes to discussing how some religious institutions are judgmental at their base.

Do not judge.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Yes, it covers all those paths that you will find in any church. Because all those paths are open to begin with.

You can find God's love through many ways, but when you do, you will find it in your heart and mind where it's always been and God's love, is your love expanded to others!

God reveals, to those who open their eyes and there is no language or set ritual to that. For some people, the construct of religion and church helps them to make the bridge in themselves.

For others, it is a blockade of confusing doctrine and dogma and fear that is driven by self interest. Takes time with them.

And then, there is the tale of the wheat and the thales in the Christian way. One of my personal favorites when it comes to discussing how some religious institutions are judgmental at their base.

Do not judge.
    Well said Bro,
    I am also very found of the "sheep and goats" parable in Matthew.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    So go and eat your hamburger and fries, and then burp loudly to get some much needed attention, and let us, the superior races alone....
    thats a massive assumption... im actually a strict vegan...

That is sheer bad manners and ignorance, based on your years of practicing Mc Kung fu. I don't blame you though, as most schools out there are mediocre, hence people like you and their confused statements.......

you have no idea what i have learned or who i have learned it from... i dont make assumptions about what you have learned... i go by what you say... and when i insult you, its on a personal level because i think youre a geek, not because of how you train, but because of how you converse and how repetative you are...

On a related note, I really wish that many of those who claim to study "kung fu" (LOL!), would at least try and go beyond the purely kick and punch level, and improve themselves from within, but I guess Big Macs, will always be Big Macs, while homemade gourmet food that takes long hours to prepare, will always be gourmet, fit for those who are prepared and cultured enough to get the most out of them, on multiple levels.
    again, what mc kung fu did i learn??? are you gonna tell me what i know and dont know now? im curious, by all means make a list...

and your food metaphor is weak... you can eat very healthy very tasty food that takes minutes, even seconds to prepare... esspecially if you are a true gourmet and keep it whole... if you even know what im talking about...

yeah you cannot change people... but you can help facilitate and guide that metamorphisis...

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    thats a massive assumption... im actually a strict vegan...
    Tell me, what do the vegans eat to make them burp loudly in public?

you have no idea what i have learned
    Oh yes I do!

or who i have learned it from...
    Irrelevant, when one has an idea of what you have learned.

i dont make assumptions about what you have learned...
    It seems that you do.....

i go by what you say...
    You "go" by what I say alright, but you do not seem to have the facilities to understand what I am saying, most of the time, but I guess that you are in good company....

You need to understand, that most people who post here do not, and have never practiced kung fu authentically, so forgive me for being a little "tongue in cheek", when conversing with them.

I don't mean harm, just that it is difficult to take some of them seriously, even those with the usual "decades" of experience......

and when i insult you, its on a personal level because i think youre a geek,
    Define "geek"!

not because of how you train, but because of how you converse and how repetative you are...
    Well, you should look at some of the people I converse with in a world full of Mcdojos!

again, what mc kung fu did i learn??? are you gonna tell me what i know and dont know now? im curious, by all means make a list...
    My few lifetimes left on this earth are too short for that. Why don't you list it yourself?

and your food metaphor is weak... you can eat very healthy very tasty food that takes minutes, even seconds to prepare...
    I am sure, yet there is gourmet food that takes time to prepare marinate. There is a reason for this "kung fu".

esspecially if you are a true gourmet and keep it whole... if you even know what im talking about...
    When I was growing up (and I still am ), every meal I had was gourmet, but thanks for trying to teach me more.

ur still pretty young ay... just go away... im not gonna go back and forth with you... this post isnt even worth my time...

ur still pretty young ay... just go away... im not gonna go back and forth with you... this post isnt even worth my time...
    Hey, you started it....LOL!

Why do I bother with you guys honestly? You never learn!!!

By the way, I am 47 years young.

Now run along and find real kung fu school and after a few years you will not misunderstand me anymore.

Hey, you started it....LOL!

Why do I bother with you guys honestly? You never learn!!!

By the way, I am 47 years young.

Now run along and find real kung fu school and after a few years you will not misunderstand me anymore.
    u still havent told me what i know???

what makes you think i dont understand you??? i even agree with some of what you say... you made the assumption that i didnt... assumptions assumptions assumptions... youre 47? you should know better...

i talk this way to you because your a broken record and you just keep repeating yourself... WE HEARD YOU!!!

ok, take your last word and fukc off... unless youre gonna drop that list, that is...

oh, and no, you didnt grasp the gourmet comment...

u still havent told me what i know???

what makes you think i dont understand you??? i even agree with some of what you say... you made the assumption that i didnt... assumptions assumptions assumptions... youre 47? you should know better...

i talk this way to you because your a broken record and you just keep repeating yourself... WE HEARD YOU!!!

ok, take your last word and fukc off... unless youre gonna drop that list, that is...

oh, and no, you didnt grasp the gourmet comment...
    This makes me lol.
    Reading that quote form hardwork in your response has me understanding him a little more now.

Anyway, don't let him troll you. He is very close minded in his approach and is in denial about his own failures and then in recognizing he is wrong will just troll it and turn it back on you even when it makes utterly no sense at all.

I suspect he is an emotionally troubled individual with a narcissism complex that he is in denial about and cannot identify and does not have the ways or means to get help through therapy and feedback like a normal perosn would do because he likely has serious trust issues as well.

People are funny like that. They seem to think they can go out into the big old world and do it alone and be all shiny.

Well ain't that not the truth? We all need each other to grow and in denying each other to spite our selves is folly.

Gee, I think I'm feeling pity for the guy. Maybe that's what he was looking for.
    Well, nope, I'm gonna keep him on ignore.

I took him off, but reconsidered after he helped me to realize that he really isn't worth reading his drivel and twisted sense of whatever he thinks martial arts are.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

You are all just an aspect of my reality, none of you exist other than as manifestations within the realm of my conciousness, and are thus bound by totality of that which is my psyche. When I move on to the next phase, you all cease to be necessary.

But don't worry, I'm vast and all that...

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    You are all just an aspect of my reality, none of you exist other than as manifestations within the realm of my conciousness, and are thus bound by totality of that which is my psyche. When I move on to the next phase, you all cease to be necessary.

But don't worry, I'm vast and all that...

Hows this for reality:

My reality just shows a red X
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    My reality just shows a red X
    Some people ate just not cool enough.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Some people ate just not cool enough.
    I did just eat lunch...