Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
If I only shiai in my own club I don't get better. When I travel to other clubs, I can say - "hey, who's up for some Randori or Shiai?". Currently there's no safe way to do that within Mantis because there's too much ego and face.

A common ruleset would help to change that.
well, the ego and face thing wouldn't be an issue if they were secure in their abilities.

TCMA has become pu$$ified, as you put it, because of the ego and face that prevents them from just stepping in to any ring and going for it.

Whining about someone else's rule set not favoring your chosen skillset pretty much just means you've wasted your time in a practice that is not broadly applicable.

While Judo, MT, Sambo and all those others do have their own competitions practitioners from those styles ( i guess with the exception of SC: Are there any SC players competing in mma? ) have been able to transition to MMA venues without having to change what they are doing. You can tell a judo throw when it happens, you can tell a Thai kick when it happens, you can tell a wrestling takedown or a jujitsu lock or choke...all because those things will work no matter who their opponent is.

If you can't throw a mantis technique of your choice and make it work for you then the problem is either with you or the technique.

(note: 'you' is being use impersonallly)

You won't find an 'mma' player whining about the ruleset at your shiai or your lei tai is all I'm saying.