Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Choy lay fut in Manhattan?

I agree. This guy is excellent. I really like the way he moves. I've seen him one time when he was performing at the Fighthouse in NYC. Brooklyn is pretty far since I live in Queens. I would only be able to make it out on the weekends so I guess it would be dependent on schedule and if it would be worth training just once a week. I really like the whipping power in CLF and that is what I want to learn. Hung Gar is more accessible so I'll check that out as well. Is it comparable?

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Designs View Post

Truth, I have many friends in Chan Family CLF and there is no animosity.

We just joke a bit, why so serious?
    You wrote "Chan Heung's line." In truth, it's all Chan Heung's line ie all originally from Chan Heung. I don't see how what you wrote was a joke or even in jest...it was just incorrect.

EO

Quote Originally Posted by Da Jai View Post
    I agree. This guy is excellent. I really like the way he moves. I've seen him one time when he was performing at the Fighthouse in NYC. Brooklyn is pretty far since I live in Queens. I would only be able to make it out on the weekends so I guess it would be dependent on schedule and if it would be worth training just once a week. I really like the whipping power in CLF and that is what I want to learn. Hung Gar is more accessible so I'll check that out as well. Is it comparable?

Hey Da
    Class schedule is pretty open. Reach out to Wong Sifu, email is on the website, I forget what it is. We have a Saturday class from 3 to about 5:30 or 6. We have a few students that come down from Queens, Sifu lives off the N and D lines. It's a trek, but he's worth it. You can always come on the weekends and train by yourself the rest of the week.

word.