Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Internal martial arts: a fiction?

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    neurotic need for self-actualization according to a linear and ultimately artificial hierarchical of concept of perceived authenticity;

meaning that while Oyama studied "external" in his youth, as he aged, it's not surprising that his mindset, coded by his cultural paradigm, would needs must place the demands on him to pursue something more "internal"; since his was oriented towards a functional context delineated by his kyokushin body / effort shape, he would naturally pick something like yi quan as opposed to bagua or taiji;

Thanks for sharing your view.

all these Zhan Zhuang stuffs is externally looks unmove but actually moving inside and "chopping" down movement into different frames. that is where the power comes. one could change one's body force vectors combination in the submovement.

Im sorry I dont understand. how moving inside during Zhang Zhuang? do you mean Qi? can you define body force vectors? Every movement in taijiquan also has submovements. same with Shaolin, Choy Le Fut, Hung Ga, etc. Its just if you train them or not.

Can you please answer that for me?

Quote Originally Posted by tiaji1983 View Post

Im sorry I dont understand. how moving inside? do you mean Qi?

can you define body force vectors?

Every movement in taijiquan also has submovements. same with Shaolin, Choy Le Fut, Hung Ga, etc. Its just if you train them or not.

Nope, I dont mean Qi at all. Qi stuffs are different story.

I mean force vectors within every parts of body is actively balancing each others , at every instant even when the external posture looks still, that is the name of the game.

body force vectors is all the force vectors in the different parts of the body.

Also, I dont mean those submovements as you think. I mean the dynamic of force vectors or momentum handling at every instant.

IE a punch is not just one punch, but it could deliver blow or transfer momentum at contact in anytime or any angle from the begin to the end of punch motion. where/when ever it makes contact where/when ever it will blown.

or having the same external shape which looks almost no shape changes but be able to change the momentum or force vectors within the shape/posture.

some question what standing hugging an imagine ball could benifit to fighting. well, that is because they dont know the beauty of to cultivate every part of the body becomes aware, self align, self balancing at every instant. it is no longer a piece of big muscle meat. but a body of fully alive. thus, it is said, the body turns into thousand hands and strike could be deliver formless -- meaning any point the contact is made one could deliver strike there on the fly.
    that is internal art. that is hun yuan li.

So, what does Qi play in the picture? Qi exist, it could be grow and transport via medirians if one has the process or technology to cultivate that kung fu. but it is just Fuel or energy.
    it has to feed into physical to enhance or boost physical. it is a different system with force vectors handling cultivation. as an analogy in car, one has the fuel line and one has the mechanical system.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 07-04-2011 at 03:48 PM.

I wouldnt supposse you could give me a simplified example of its use, or a simplified answer on how to work on force vectors?

I wouldnt supposse you could give me a simplified example of its use, or a simplified answer on how to work on force vectors?

you need a sifu who knows what is what to help you on that.

the first step is stand in the Zhan Zhaung until one feel like levitate.
    as the ancient said, that is the state of " the effort of one extra feather weight must not add to my physical body".

even at this begining state, one needs to learn how to handle every part of the body so that it is properly align.. spine properly align, oxigen intake increase by 3 to 5 x..... that is not simple. takes months and lots of hour every days to get there with a sifu knows the details who can help one to dissolve any stuck when the stuck surface.

internal art is a transformation from inside out. it is not what most internal blind believer think on mysterious Qi and not what most internal agaisnt arguer think on the world is only biomechanics.

you might want to read the following to find out what is going on if you are serious
    http://wingchunkuen.com/modules.php?...ewtopic&t=1294
    Last edited by Hendrik; 07-04-2011 at 04:03 PM.

hmmm... It says sorry this module isnt active

http://www.matrix.org/han_zen.html

It explains kinda why and how you practice Zhang Zhuan, no?

the way http://tukylam.freoda.com/hunyuanli.html describes it, it sounds like the way Wu Style Taijiquan generates power. The full body power in Taijiquan with a slight lean into it? Is that correct?

hmmm... It says sorry this module isnt active
    it works for me. I just try it.

cant get access to the website you posts.

the bottom line is one needs to get a sifu and seriously learn the style from beginning to the advance.

it is just impractical to read some articles and speculate.

there is no easy way out similar to going to school.

as I keep mentioning, one cannot think on this things and thinking one knows it. unless one has it one really dont know what is it.

So what you are saying is that you are hugging an invisible ball for contemplative reasons, not combat efficacy. That's fine, though I prefer sitting cross-legged on a mat when I meditate, but own up to the fact it isn't going to help you fight!
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    So what you are saying is that you are hugging an invisible ball for contemplative reasons, not combat efficacy. That's fine, though I prefer sitting cross-legged on a mat when I meditate, but own up to the fact it isn't going to help you fight!

Totally off mark on what is going on.

Ok,

Thanks.

people said the same about fajing. Its simply body mechanics and sung. If you can understand the 2 you can understand fajing. I dont think the exercise is as mysterious as you make it sound. Basically to do the exercise you start to move but you do not this creates a "force" moving forward. You do the same for all directions. standing on stake builds the muscles to be able to withstand the posture for a long time, helps correct body alignment errors, and help to relax parts of the body we were not aware was tense. the moving but not moving force in the directions builds the minute muscles to work in those directions. Then you also get a sense of changing directions. The same thing is practiced with San Ti Shi in Xinyiquan. Now its just a matter of putting it into practice to understand it. appearantly some teachers put thier hand on your shoulder and try to hold you there, and see if you can move. If you can move you developed the proper force for Hun Yuan Li. so its now just a matter of practice and testing.