Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
Ha! You may have misunderstood my post mate!!! LOL

Of course our crossing action is before the punch but its not kwan sau or gaan sau!
That's all cool G. But what do you call this double handed posture then? Have you even got a name for it in PBVT?

I can understand why people relate it to kwan, and know 'when' it becomes kwan, but ultimately to me it will always simply be gaansau toiwan - cultivating arm to push and encircle. You will also see this method as the basis for all 'taichi' pushing hands, but you must know this already right?? You've researched other CMA systems?

Now I'm not saying that any students would have been told that in their early training. They're simply crossing arms to identify their centre line, and there is nothing wrong in that. What I'm talking of is sharing ideas as a student progresses and my suggestion to you is to look seriously at how PB learnt from WSL.

PB may never have been told anything like this if he hadn't progressed in a way WSL wanted. This happened in the Lee Shing family too. Many students passed through LS without even seeing the 1st form, let alone understanding the meaning of specific terms and, what I like to call, 'signature' postures of Wing Chun. My Sifu was a lucky one, and I consider myself to be lucky too because this stuff is WC101 basic understanding. You must see that, no?