Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Wing Chun Internal?

Quote Originally Posted by nasmedicine View Post
    I agree, it is absolutely internal. To think otherwise would be outright silly.
    Thank you!

To think otherwise would be outright silly.
    Not as silly as making a blanket assertion with no evidence to back it up.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    Usually, those of us who ACTUALLY practice the TCMAs are the ones who have the evidence.

Those who do NOT actually practice the TCMAs, and have NEVER practiced them in their lives, inspite of what their egos want to believe, will never have the evidence they so desperatly seek.

The proof is in the pudding. Either you have met and felt internal martial arts or you have not. Either you have learned from a teacher who posses the ability or he/she does not. If it's evidence you want then seek out those who claim to practice their wing chun from an internal school of thought. However, trying to get an objective response for such a subjective matter is again silly.

To all those who want evidence, unfortunately there is no way to video tape how wing chun is or is not internal. (no chi blasts or one finger I make you fly 20 ft tricks either)

lol
    Last edited by nasmedicine; 07-21-2011 at 04:06 PM. Reason: grammer
    Fut Hong Wing Chun Kuen (a.k.a. Invisible Buddha Fist Wing Chun), Northern New Jersey
    IBFWC @ youtube
    BBL28888 @ youtube

"Everybody's gotta plan, until they get hit!" - Mike Tyson

"Rule number 1: Don't get hit. Rule number 2: Remember rule number one."- Sifu Joseph Ng

"Pure or Impure Wing Chun, whatever beats an opponent is good Wing Chun" - pg 50, Wing Chun Warrior: The True Tales of WCKF Master Duncan Leung

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    Circle Walking' s main purpose has nothing to do with fighting
    Yeah, that's wrong.

I agree, it is absolutely internal. To think otherwise would be outright silly.
    Why?

Can you explain to me what benefits interrnal training would give my WC?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_H View Post
    Yeah, that's wrong.

100% wrong.
    Fut Hong Wing Chun Kuen (a.k.a. Invisible Buddha Fist Wing Chun), Northern New Jersey
    IBFWC @ youtube
    BBL28888 @ youtube

"Rule number 1: Don't get hit. Rule number 2: Remember rule number one."- Sifu Joseph Ng

"Pure or Impure Wing Chun, whatever beats an opponent is good Wing Chun" - pg 50, Wing Chun Warrior: The True Tales of WCKF Master Duncan Leung

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Why?

Can you explain to me what benefits interrnal training would give my WC?
    Nope. Ask your sifu.
    IBFWC @ youtube
    BBL28888 @ youtube

[QUOTE=nasmedicine;1117692]Nope. Ask your sifu. [/QUOTE

Sifu says hey?

[QUOTE=GlennR;1117697]
    Nope. Ask your sifu. [/QUOTE

Sifu says hey?
    lol , well played Glenn, well played.
    IBFWC @ youtube
    BBL28888 @ youtube

[QUOTE=nasmedicine;1117698]
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post

lol , well played Glenn, well played.

Did your sifu tell you to say that as well?

Is Wing Chun Internal

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    When WSL said "internal benefits" he meant that what you are thinking is important! WSL did not believe in "chi" according to people I have spoke to that knew him. Ving Tsun is not like Tai Chi!!!

Your ideas about SLT, CK MYJ and BJ are totally different to the WSL lineage.

GH
    When WSL said "internal benefits " he meant that what you are thinking is important ! So what are you really suppose to be thinking then ?

WSL did ' nt believe in " chi " according to people I have spoken to that knew him .

Then why does Sifu Gary Lam stress in breathing as you do the SLT set to keep your chi alive ? Why would Sifu Lam stress on chi , when Sifu wong did ' nt believe in chi then ?

Sure Ving Tsun is not like Tai Chi , because the movements are different that ' s why . Tai chi too it can go slow or it can go fast , depending on the situation itself .

My ideas concerning the 3 - sets of WC talks about what the sets has to offer the person that ' s it , and the WSL lineage is the samething .

And there are 2 types of chi the soft and the hard , the SLT set uses the soft chi .
    the hard chi you can use it to fight . And kung fu without chi training will just be a physical exercise used for self defense , and if you don ' t beleive in chi too bad for you . Chi does work , you just have ' nt been able to experience it yet .

If it's evidence you want then seek out those who claim to practice their wing chun from an internal school of thought.
    Do you make such a claim? If so, I'm following your advice - seeking you out for evidence.

Or any evidence that you aren't yet another anonymous internet warrior with "internal master" pretensions.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Do you make such a claim? If so, I'm following your advice - seeking you out for evidence.

Or any evidence that you aren't yet another anonymous internet warrior with "internal master" pretensions.
    Please do, I would be more than happy to touch hands. I don't know what it is with certain people who get so angry on these forums. You seems to be one such person. Come out to NYC we'll train, talk, have a beer! (or some other beverage of your choice)

Matter of fact why not the week end of the 28th? User kung fu fighter will be coming down to meet up with me as well. Now that's what I would call a meet up.

We will be meeting in Columbus Park, Chinatown, NYC.

p.s. - I am not internal master, but I am a person who practices martial arts (Wing Chun in particular) and have my own opinions and experience.

p.s.s. - nobody likes a bully.
    Last edited by nasmedicine; 07-21-2011 at 05:15 PM.
    IBFWC @ youtube
    BBL28888 @ youtube

Wink

[QUOTE=GlennR;1117703]

Did your sifu tell you to say that as well?
    maybe..
    IBFWC @ youtube
    BBL28888 @ youtube