Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Footwear of the Fast and Furious (or average joe)

Blog Entries
    I like the wrestling shoes just because it's light weight, flexibility, and protect the ankle.

http://www.eastbay.com/product/model...x&siorigin=pla

how about water shoes or diving boots,i'm going for my first class at the end of february and i'm going to try the diving boots out.but its also on carpet so don't know how that will go so may take my scuba socks also.

Quote Originally Posted by southernhands View Post
    how about water shoes or diving boots,i'm going for my first class at the end of february and i'm going to try the diving boots out.but its also on carpet so don't know how that will go so may take my scuba socks also.
    You mean the cloth-soled boots?
    They don't last so long and they can be more trouble than they're worth when working on slick surfaces.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

the socks are made of neopren,but the diving boots have a soft rubber sole.

hmmmm.......just found zazzle.ca which is going to be making fully customizable shoes in 2012 at some point, based on the pro-keds hi's for men, which led me to check out Keds shoes, which look actually decent and not badly priced.....
    all because I was bored and went to google and typed in 'Ninjutsu shoes' hahahahaha, I figured, hey, what the hell, good 'nuff for the Ninjas....
    I came out of a Cave.
    I stole a Peach.
    I peeped at a feast over there......and over there.....

Quote Originally Posted by southernhands View Post
    the socks are made of neopren,but the diving boots have a soft rubber sole.
    ah, okay.
    in okinawa we had dive boots with cloth-like soles (more like soft brillo pad) for preventing damage from sea urchins.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

those darn urchins are always underfoot

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    those darn urchins are always underfoot

hahahaha
    looks they could use a good brillo pad scrubbing...
    I came out of a Cave.
    I stole a Peach.

Puma TT super
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

Quote Originally Posted by Lokhopkuen View Post
    Puma TT super
    goggled it. Love it. Its on my list now......
    I came out of a Cave.
    I stole a Peach.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    if you look at the Jing-Mo (Chin-Wu) boots, they are ankle high, flat soled, reinforced heel and toe caps.
    Wrestling boots are exactly the same, but they lace up nice and snug, and are built with modern materials (rather than car tire sidewalls for the soles.)
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

So I finally got to try a pair of these Vibram 5 Fingers on, tried the KomodoSports, not too bad really. Felt extremely strange at first, but after walking around the store a bit in them I really liked the feeling of being close to barefoot. There was a pair of "indoor sport" ones that are supposed to be restocked next week, the dude said would probably be even better for martial arts stuff. I found them appropriately grippy but not so much that I couldn't get a good clean pivot with no catching. I think what makes the difference is it feels so close to barefoot and they are so flexible and responsive that it makes wearing regular shoes feel so stiff and restrictive.
    I think I'm going to bit the bullet and buy a pair.
    I had also noticed that Adidas has thrown their hat in the "minimalist shoe" market by bringing in the AdiPure Trainers, but these are specific to training environments as they are a bit more stiff than Vibrams and don't allow as much flexibility. But having said that, they do state that its for a weight-lifting/gym type environment....might have to go back and try those out before settling. either way, will probably post the results, and if I hate them I can re-sell since the market is hot for them, and get some El Cheapos to do the trick.
    I came out of a Cave.
    I stole a Peach.

Quote Originally Posted by White_Ape View Post
    goggled it. Love it. Its on my list now......
    One of the best shoes ever for gung fu training IMHO
    -Patanjali Samadhi

~ Bodhi

I have several pairs of the vibrams but I don't like them for gung fu training. If you like the barefoot style try ALTRA zero drop ADAM! Haven't taken them off since I bought them

Quote Originally Posted by White_Ape View Post
    So I finally got to try a pair of these Vibram 5 Fingers on, tried the KomodoSports, not too bad really. Felt extremely strange at first, but after walking around the store a bit in them I really liked the feeling of being close to barefoot. There was a pair of "indoor sport" ones that are supposed to be restocked next week, the dude said would probably be even better for martial arts stuff. I found them appropriately grippy but not so much that I couldn't get a good clean pivot with no catching. I think what makes the difference is it feels so close to barefoot and they are so flexible and responsive that it makes wearing regular shoes feel so stiff and restrictive.
    I think I'm going to bit the bullet and buy a pair.
    I had also noticed that Adidas has thrown their hat in the "minimalist shoe" market by bringing in the AdiPure Trainers, but these are specific to training environments as they are a bit more stiff than Vibrams and don't allow as much flexibility. But having said that, they do state that its for a weight-lifting/gym type environment....might have to go back and try those out before settling. either way, will probably post the results, and if I hate them I can re-sell since the market is hot for them, and get some El Cheapos to do the trick.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

~ Bodhi

If I wear shoes while training I usually just wear my converse chucks. I got long rabbit feet, so I need somethin that laces all the way up, and I pretty much always have 60/40 weight ratio walking around on the balls of my feet. Other shoes never seem to let my feet grab the ground quite as well.

they usually last me atleast a year, and only really get wear and tear right where my toes bend. Plus you can throw them in the clothes washer/dryer and get them lookin pretty new.