Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Punching people in the face?

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    its aVT forum, I do VT for 28 years ? or did trolling fever with no post of worth skip your mind ?

WSL was a boxer before VT, not like a mystery I am revealing here about arm positions and reasons

You have a personal vendetta, sorry not to oblige. troll....
    I know WSL was a boxer and I don’t care, its you im asking to put a clip up because its you going on and on about these methods
    And I’m not the only one to ask for video proof of your superior methods, most of the member of this forum (the majority of whom do do WC, some longer than you) have at one time or the other got tired of your endless PB pushing and asked you to put up….to date we are all still waiting lol
    Call me a troll all you want but it doesn’t change the simple fact you won’t put up, neither will you shut up unfortunately

And no vendetta just cant stand the preaching thats all

And like the old guy with Alzheimers who escapes from the nursing home, another wing chun thread meanders off into the night mumbling to itself trying to figure out where it is and what the heck it had been talking about.

So sad.

Mike

So bugger off !

I could care less about your frustrations...come on ! you really think I would do anything to satisfy your requests ? fool

I post clips of things I do too, only buy guys in the same lineage, better than I can....I dont sell DVD's
    frustrations, lol mate get over yourself its funny as h*ll to me, i dont really care i have good instructors i just cant honestly beleieve you spend all this time correcting everyone on here and preaching your faith but wont step up and show us what you mean

Quote Originally Posted by m1k3 View Post
    And like the old guy with Alzheimers who escapes from the nursing home, another wing chun thread meanders off into the night mumbling to itself trying to figure out where it is and what the heck it had been talking about.

So sad.

I thought thats what they all did anyway here I am not knocking the moderator, but if you look at some other forums, they dont get anywhere near this random.

Guys like Frost are edited, post off topic edited...no sub thread, insult thread, interwoven with topic...
    Last edited by k gledhill; 03-23-2012 at 09:54 AM.

We drive forwards with body mass in motion at the target off the rear leg as we hit. I hit the heavy bags with it and upper cuts . Its similar to an uppercut in its outward appearance, ergo everyone makes a 1:1 without the underlying idea of simultaneous defense of my line and attacking. BUT the punch drives forwards like a right cross only with a super tight elbow driven by hips.

I can uppercut too, but, with our thinking,[what is that thinking ? ]... so its not over-swinging, it maintains the line so my FOLLOWING hand can still make a line OVER it. Yeah I know, what is he talking about ...lmao !

The reasons we have certain constraints in striking lines is simply to avoid the errors after the fact ...if we miss, what then ? When you understand that you see a way of fighting with VT as counter attacking, intercepting....less about throwing bombs, which are powerful before the bomb throwers revolt...; )
    So let me get this straight. You're entire argument against uppercuts in WC is due to you thinking myself or others were referring to boxing uppercuts? Really!....

Uppercut Definition(google it if you don't believe me) -
    Noun:
    A punch delivered with an upward motion and the arm bent.
    Verb:
    Hit with an uppercut.

Quote Originally Posted by WC1277 View Post
    So let me get this straight. You're entire argument against uppercuts in WC is due to you thinking myself or others were referring to boxing uppercuts? Really!....

Uppercut Definition(google it if you don't believe me) -
    Noun:
    A punch delivered with an upward motion and the arm bent.
    Verb:
    Hit with an uppercut.
    Uppercut by definition goes up [elbow up] and easily distorts the centerline, allowing counters, WE/ I, try not to make. A shovel punch is a combo of hook and an uppercut, the elbow doesnt even touch the centerline, neither of which is what we do in VT or CK.
    Elbows center to make a PRE striking action directly as always, but in the form the emphasis is elbow control with axis rotation...to me , I should add.
    Not trying to 'preach to everyone', heaven forbid we should all think the same

look at the attacking line and then look at the follow through of an uppercut ...its vertical ...up...
    A HUGE part of our repertoire is simply countering this type of error. So why commit it to uppercut.

Add to the fact you cant wu sao over your arm to make a new attack or maintain facing ...

there is a tactical angling use in fighting....nothing to do with your ideas of chi-sao battles.
    Last edited by k gledhill; 02-11-2013 at 05:15 PM.

Uppercut by definition goes up [elbow up] and easily distorts the centerline, allowing counters, WE/ I, try not to make. A shovel punch is a combo of hook and an uppercut, the elbow doesnt even touch the centerline, neither of which is what we do in VT or CK.
    Elbows center to make a PRE striking action directly as always, but in the form the emphasis is elbow control with axis rotation...to me , I should add.
    Not trying to 'preach to everyone', heaven forbid we should all think the same

look at the attacking line and then look at the follow through of an uppercut ...its vertical ...up...
    A HUGE part of our repertoire is simply countering this type of error. So why commit it to uppercut.

Add to the fact you cant wu sao over your arm to make a new attack or maintain facing ...

there is a tactical angling use in fighting....
    Once again, look at the "uppercuts" performed on both the form and free flow and tell me how they're violating structure or lines?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmLciBA5ILw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2chOzs-2Xg

WSL over emphasizes his "uppercut" IMO

Once again, look at the "uppercuts" performed on both the form and free flow and tell me how they're violating structure or lines?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmLciBA5ILw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2chOzs-2Xg

WSL over emphasizes his "uppercut" IMO
    I have covered it before with you...but you insist we think the same way, no.

No, what you do is word play Kevin. In that second video, where there's hooks, elbows, locks, knees, and uppercuts; are those acceptable principle based applications or not? It's not about your "tactical method", there's other methods too. Structurally, lines and all, is that video from another lineage acceptable application or not? You should really watch the whole thing through, if you've only skimmed through it, because just about every motion from all of the forms and drills are applied in one way or another in it. I don't recall any of your video posts containing much more than lop sau and straight punches....

No, what you do is word play Kevin. In that second video, where there's hooks, elbows, locks, knees, and uppercuts; are those acceptable principle based applications or not? It's not about your "tactical method", there's other methods too. Structurally, lines and all, is that video from another lineage acceptable application or not? You should really watch the whole thing through, if you've only skimmed through it, because just about every motion from all of the forms and drills are applied in one way or another in it. I don't recall any of your video posts containing much more than lop sau and straight punches....
    --------------------------------------------- wc2377- Word play? He cant even write clearly and succintly and misrepresents what he is told. Why waste time ..,?

joy chaudhuri

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    --------------------------------------------- wc2377- Word play? He cant even write clearly and succintly and misrepresents what he is told. Why waste time ..,?

joy chaudhuri
    You're right Joy. I need to work on my "tactical" response to his posts!

Laurel and Hardy

Watch Wong Shon leung over see his student doing Chum Kiu...it can be use as upper cut look at the energy

Chum Kiu Form

Watch the video of wong shun leung...see the energy of the upper cut

Wong Shun Leung Himself doing Chum Kiu
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Why doesn't WSL make uppercuts from the preceding bong sao's ? Bong ~ uppercut x 3 ? or 3 back-fists after bong. Why not really follow through for maximum force ?
    Why isnt it a lateral hammer fist strike to the temple ?

Why only do 1 dropping tight elbow to his center while facing sharply and then only tap his hand to show it goes forwards a little before returning to jut sao ? Why not throw a combo of a hook after the uppercut, why so stingy ? Its because we are conditioning certain actions, a unity of actions, for use in sparring, fighting.

Try to think like me for a second, think you're taking an idea from SLT and adding motion along an axis line. Add to that the elbow drops and goes to center first with the hips, then the little extension forwards so we have a jut sao back from that slight extension as we face another direction...? The jut elbow doesn't leave the body either, why ?

The VT thinking isnt visible, Yip Man CK form is no different to WSL, but you will see variations of guys 3-4 hand down, adding all kinds of 'kata' striking after the action from muddled ideas.

You can hit a guy anyway you need to through the mechanics and dynamics of the training BUT you wont lose sight of the key defense/attack ideas as you do this, iow you arent going to get a punch coming through a loose elbow that never re-centered habitually from drilling and form work
    Last edited by k gledhill; 03-29-2012 at 04:32 PM.

after all that is said an done i posted a video of WSL himself...look at the energy...of the uppercut...if its not an strike than its not anything...

Why doesn't WSL make uppercuts from the preceding bong sao's ? Bong ~ uppercut x 3 ? or 3 back-fists after bong. Why not really follow through for maximum force ?
    Why isnt it a lateral hammer fist strike to the temple ?

Why only do 1 dropping tight elbow to his center while facing sharply and then only tap his hand to show it goes forwards a little before returning to jut sao ? Why not throw a combo of a hook after the uppercut, why so stingy ? Its because we are conditioning certain actions, a unity of actions, for use in sparring, fighting.

Try to think like me for a second, think you're taking an idea from SLT and adding motion along an axis line. Add to that the elbow drops and goes to center first with the hips, then the little extension forwards so we have a jut sao back from that slight extension as we face another direction...? The jut elbow doesn't leave the body either, why ?

The VT thinking isnt visible, Yip Man CK form is no different to WSL, but you will see variations of guys 3-4 hand down, adding all kinds of 'kata' striking after the action from muddled ideas.

You can hit a guy anyway you need to through the mechanics and dynamics of the training BUT you wont lose sight of the key defense/attack ideas as you do this, iow you arent going to get a punch coming through a loose elbow that never re-centered habitually from drilling and form work
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"