Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The secret to Wing Chun

L M A O.
    World Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Kung Fu Association

"Obey the natural laws and principles of the universe." ~ Grandmaster Garrett Gee

"Education which stops with efficiency may prove the greatest menace to society... We must remember intelligence is not enough. Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.” ~ Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

where are my posts you deleted/edited savi?

where are all the posts from the hfy student forum?

what's up with me asking what forms HFY had on the hfy108 after training over 4 years and you asking what i had done to deserve such knowledge and being a complete jerk to me?

you're secretive, you censor and you're full of it. you don't even know chum kiu or bil jee and you're a "sifu". seriously, dude- check your ego. that's why no one goes to hfy108 anymore, not even HFY people.

The HFY108 forum belongs to JK Walz. It is owned and currently maintained by him. He provided the funding, built the forum, and through his contributions provided a place for the martial world to share and preserve their knowledge and heritage of their martial arts. Eric provided a sound explanation on those issues. Also, I have not edited or deleted any of your posts.

I have been teaching since 1999 under Master Richard Loewenhagen, and he formally promoted me to Sifu level before his retirement. My students also call me their Sifu. That is public knowledge and is more than enough. You do not know what I know and have learned, and to say otherwise is a falsehood.

Call me a jerk, mischaracterize, start lies, and say what you will, or not, that's fine. I've seen many types over the years and I am open to criticism.

The next time we meet I am open to discuss things with you in person.

"Obey the natural laws and principles of the universe." ~ Grandmaster Garrett Gee

"Education which stops with efficiency may prove the greatest menace to society... We must remember intelligence is not enough. Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.” ~ Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

you had to have your SNT corrected and fixed an hour before it was even filmed because you couldn't do it right. seriously, get off your high horse.

you have edited and deleted my post. if you're challenging me, i'm always available.
    Last edited by tigershorty; 03-30-2012 at 02:50 PM.

I don't have a high horse except the heart of a student. I'm open for any correction for anything, anytime, and never too proud to learn. I empty my cup at all times. Regarding challenging you over an emotional issue... That's not in my book. Sitting down with a few good friends for discussing martial arts, anytime, why not?

this issue isn't emotional.

i'm doing you a favor by calling you out. stop posing. People like you drove me away from HFY, you're doing it to more people.

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    Haha, now you're just talking out your jong sau, because I did no such thing.
    I, on the other hand, am talking out my dong sau. Just because it is longer

Quote Originally Posted by tigershorty View Post
    i'm doing you a favor by calling you out. stop posing. People like you drove me away from HFY, you're doing it to more people.
    hey, just out of curiousity, what is it that you are up to lately from a training perspective?

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    I, on the other hand, am talking out my dong sau. Just because it is longer
    LOL. Good grief, you have your own YJKYM WC kick stand!

(And don't let Ben/Tiger Shorty fool you, he loves HFY more than he will admit )
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Quote Originally Posted by Savi View Post
    The HFY108 forum belongs to JK Walz. It is owned and currently maintained by him. He provided the funding, built the forum, and through his contributions provided a place for the martial world to share and preserve their knowledge and heritage of their martial arts.
    More like it's a place to go to hear crickets chirping. The only thing over there interesting anymore is the HFY HQ updates. The rest of it is pretty lame for a place "for the martial world to share and preserve their knowledge and heritage of their martial arts".

HFY certainly was the Wing Chun I started with and I will always consider some of the HFY guys life-long friends. You won't find nicer people than Mark Jones or JP to train with in AZ.

But I do prefer the WSL method and ABMVT's specific direction in learning wing chun/ving tsun. Ernie Barrios has spent countless hours explaining things to me just over the phone that I don't think I would have learned otherwise. Don't look at the ABMVT coaches, look at their students on youtube. They're all great. That's all I can really say about that.

HFY certainly was the Wing Chun I started with and I will always consider some of the HFY guys life-long friends. You won't find nicer people than Mark Jones or JP to train with in AZ.
    Thanks - check is in the mail

But I do prefer the WSL method and ABMVT's specific direction in learning wing chun/ving tsun. Ernie Barrios has spent countless hours explaining things to me just over the phone that I don't think I would have learned otherwise. Don't look at the ABMVT coaches, look at their students on youtube. They're all great. That's all I can really say about that.
    With proper lighting, camera angle and editting, anyone can be made to look good!! haha, just messing with ya Ernie
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Ernie's students are the best wing chun students I have ever touched hands with. The people he trains in 1 weekend are better than most 10 year students I know. Ask anyone whose been to one of his seminars.

On the other hand, I couldn't edit a HFY video to look good. And I tried.

you guys basically just did what he said. 3 hfy guys getting in line to tell him how wrong and/or misunderstood he was.

jonlee, as someone who has studied HFY- the terms are there because it is the vocabulary of the system. there is no reason why you couldn't call a taan sau a "spreading hand" if you really wanted to.
    Oh crap! Here comes the gang of HFY paper tigers. If this conversation was in real life, I think I might have been jumped by the HFY gang.

Quote Originally Posted by jonlee View Post
    Oh crap! Here comes the gang of HFY paper tigers. If this conversation was in real life, I think I might have been jumped by the HFY gang.
    I wouldn't call a majority of them paper tigers...a lot of them really can throw down. For whatever that's worth.