Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Sin The' admits in court he made it all up.

shaolin boxing holds religious significance, because shaolin monks combine buddhism and boxing. to shaolin monks religion and fighting are one and the same. thats why shaolin do commits religious desecration.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    Do you have to practice chan buddhism to be a respectful martial artist?
    you just have to not be a fraud or support frauds.
    Last edited by bawang; 04-04-2012 at 02:48 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

"Bill Leonard's comments as posted on the Shaolin-Do Association's facebook page:

http://goo.gl/EYDo8"

This may be the longest I've ever laughed in one sitting in my entire life..EVER!

JP,

I've read most of your posts. It's commendable that you picked what you felt was the best option at the time, I surely would have picked what I felt was the best option at the time.

But you will "never know"? Are you in prison in Kentucky, Tennessee or wherever you may be residing in now? And prohibited from finding another school? Anywhere?

Interesting..

Surely if you dig enough..there has got to be some other schools..

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    its like those japanese kids that dress up as nazis.
    Not really, the Nazi's and the Japanese were allies during WWII and they were both extremely cruel. So, it is not really like that at all!

shaolin boxing holds religious significance, because shaolin monks combine buddhism and boxing. to shaolin monks religion and fighting are one and the same. thats why shaolin do commits religious desecration.
    There's a bit of a logical leap there. I agree that shaolin monks combined buddhism with boxing. It is also true that the temple became a refuge for former thiefs, bandits and soilders that contributed to the martial development of the shaolin arts. But you do not have to be a monk, or a practicing buddhist, to learn the martial techniques. Nor does learning teachniques, without practicing the religion, make you a hertic or guilty of desecration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

JudgePen,

Psst!!

http://www.wahlumknoxville.com

If you couldn't learn better kung fu at a sifu certified under Grandmaster Chan Poi..I'd eat my left AND right shoes!!

Quote Originally Posted by LaterthanNever View Post
    But you will "never know"? Are you in prison in Kentucky, Tennessee or wherever you may be residing in now? And prohibited from finding another school? Anywhere?

Interesting..

Surely if you dig enough..there has got to be some other schools..
    What I'm saying is that I can't go back in time and chose a different path. Now I practice a few of the forms and excercises that I find relevant to my personal abilities and philosophy, but I don't have the time or inclination to train like I did before. Marriage, children, law practice etc. will do that to you.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Nor does learning teachniques, without practicing the religion, make you a hertic or guilty of desecration.
    learning FAKE techniques makes you guilty of desecration.
    What I'm saying is that I can't go back in time and chose a different path. Now I practice a few of the forms and excercises that I find relevant to my personal abilities and philosophy, but I don't have the time or inclination to train like I did before. Marriage, children, law practice etc. will do that to you.
    you know what sin the did is wrong, and he robbed you and many of your colleagues of their time and money.

you need to face and accept this and overcome the years of indoctrination, instead of trying to justify and defend the time you spent there.
    Last edited by bawang; 04-04-2012 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LaterthanNever View Post
    JudgePen,

Psst!!

http://www.wahlumknoxville.com

If you couldn't learn better kung fu at a sifu certified under Grandmaster Chan Poi..I'd eat my left AND right shoes!!
    I've trained with a couple of former wah lum people and meet a few of the students at that school. I wasn't interested in Wah Lum, but the people I met were pleasent enough. I did start training in Aikido because I was not interested in learning any new forms, just applications, but stopped for the reasons I've mentioned earlier.

learning FAKE techniques makes you guilty of desecration.
    In western religion, we have this thing about not being judgmental of other people's religions or beliefs. Something about removing the plank from your own eye before complaining about the speck in your neighbors. Do buddhists practice that philophy too?

The technique was real, it just wasn't real shaolin. As I wasn't intending to practice buddhism I don't think I was being disrespectful. It might be different if I was telling the lie instead of making techniques work for me.

you know what sin the did is wrong, and he robbed you and many of your colleagues of their time and money.

you need to face and accept this and overcome the years of indoctrination, instead of trying to justify and defend the time you spent there.
    I do know what he did was wrong. I'm not defending him. I was never indoctrinated. People making excuses and re-writing the deposition are the indoctrinated ones. I'm being honest that what I learned wasn't what it was represented, but I still received good training from it. If it were called "kung tao" or some "blend of Chinese, Japanese and Indonesian martial art where the head teacher created additional techniques" then this debate would focus on the efficacy of the techniqe and training and not the origins.

In western religion, we have this thing about not being judgmental of other people's religions or beliefs. Something about removing the plank from your own eye before complaining about the speck in your neighbors. Do buddhists practice that philophy too?
    jesus and his students tell us to point out the wrongs of our brothers even if it makes them hate us. i am obeying jesus.

learning FAKE techniques makes you guilty of desecration

Not learning them, TEACHING them!

Do not hold the student responsible for the behavior of the teacher!

students are just as guilty if they know the truth and dont care.
    Last edited by bawang; 04-04-2012 at 03:13 PM.

Being told the truth by someone you do not know and who has not earned your respect and trust is not the same thing as being told something by someone you do trust, even if they are trustworthy and one's instructor is not.

Students will always tend to believe their instructor, who they have and emotional attachment too, than a stranger that poo poo's all over their belief system!
    Last edited by Scott R. Brown; 04-04-2012 at 03:18 PM.

shaolin do students are in denial. you spend decades lovingly, carefully obeying and practicing, bow down and kiss the ass of sin the, but when it comes to real shaolin that doesnt matter at all, im taking this all too seriously.
    I learned a martial art. I never kissed anyone's ass.