Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
It is what it is - what about TKD? What about Sambo? What about wrestling? What about Shuai Jiao?

The point is that they all have something of value and with the exception of Sambo - none of them look like what you see in a MMA ring.
i can say hey neil adams is a great judo fighter, here is a clip of him demoing an arm bar, but i can also say here is a clip of him winning a judo comp, is it fighting no, but within context its him competing in his discipline so we can say he is good in that art.
What you posted was not a competition it was a semi compliant demo, show the guy in a pushing hands comp and ill say hey he has grappling skills, but i still wont say he is a proven fighter because he is not fighting nor has he produced any full contact fighters

plenty of judo guys have gone into MMA and used their skills, i can show for example jimmy wallhead in judo competition, he was a former british under 19 and european junior judo champ, and i can then show him in MMA pro fights and grappling comps, his judo is clear to see in his take down defence and throws