Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: I Give Up Kung Fu is lost

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    So do you think that forced it underground and was a closed door thing, or do you think everyone just followed that rule? China has a long history of going against the state and keeping quiet about it. Instead of protesting and lining up to be slaughtered by the state, they just shut up about it and keep it in the fam. No?
    shaanxi villlages preserved chinese wrestling by wrestling at night.

but when the government lifted the marital art ban in 1850s chinese wrestling never got popular again, because chinese boxing took on a mystical and performance oriented element.
    Last edited by bawang; 11-06-2012 at 06:34 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

I guess people were so used to watching performances they forgot what real fighting actually looks like.

It's ironic, like in the US is such a huge wrestling country, but when combined with standup, they still just wanna see somebody get punched out and boo when there is high level technical grappling unless it's continuously kinetic. And even then, they only tolerate it for a short time.

I wonder if anyone is teaching the Shanxxi style wrestling outside of China...

beijing shuai jiao is hard core, i did it for three. the guys i trained with live at the school and train 6 days a week 4 hours a day. they do lots of strength training traditional and modern. they spar all out regularly. compete regularly and are straight up bad ass. i already had a black belt in traditional jujitsu and a green belt in judo,and the guys even 25 pounds lighter then me would easily toss me around. so anyone doubting the effectiveness of beijing shuai jiao needs to go train for themselves before typing too much.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz cool c View Post
    beijing shuai jiao is hard core, i did it for three. the guys i trained with live at the school and train 6 days a week 4 hours a day. they do lots of strength training traditional and modern. they spar all out regularly. compete regularly and are straight up bad ass. i already had a black belt in traditional jujitsu and a green belt in judo,and the guys even 25 pounds lighter then me would easily toss me around. so anyone doubting the effectiveness of beijing shuai jiao needs to go train for themselves before typing too much.
    I can see why they beat you so badly. A black belt in traditional jujitsu is no more helpful against seasoned athletes than a black belt in knitting.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    mongols banned it in 1200s to 1300s then manchus banned it from 1700s to 1911.
    That's because wrestling is gay.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    That's because wrestling is gay.
    Oh thstop it!(as I twirl my shirt in a knot to show off my sexy belly while I wrestle)

Quote Originally Posted by MysteriousPower View Post
    Oh thstop it!(as I twirl my shirt in a knot to show off my sexy belly while I wrestle)
    Watch it, or I'll give you such a pinch !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Watch it, or I'll give you such a pinch !
    Joint locks are not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MysteriousPower View Post
    I can see why they beat you so badly. A black belt in traditional jujitsu is no more helpful against seasoned athletes than a black belt in knitting.

you got a point there, but i have done judo,bjj and sombo too. but they are hard core athletes, those shuai jiao in beijing. one of the guys that trained there, and was also a good friend and coach of mine even went on to be a mma champ[yao hung gong]. the organization is called Legeneds i beleive in hong Kong and there was an article about him on this website [the people's champ]

you got a point there,
    shouldve stopped right here

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

you got a point there, but i have done judo,bjj and sombo too. but they are hard core athletes, those shuai jiao in beijing. one of the guys that trained there, and was also a good friend and coach of mine even went on to be a mma champ[yao hung gong]. the organization is called Legeneds i beleive in hong Kong and there was an article about him on this website [the people's champ]
    I watched his fights. he is indeed a bad ass
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I wonder if anyone is teaching the Shanxxi style wrestling outside of China...
    In this clip, the clallenger was a Shanxi style SC guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEMMYwh1ryo
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

what movie is that?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    what movie is that?
    跤王 Jiao Wang

http://www.youku.com/show_page/id_zc...411de83b1.html
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument