View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1133 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 13363310331083112311311132113311341135114311831233 ... LastLast
Results 16,981 to 16,995 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi warrior View Post
    Are the DVDs worth the purchase?
    I couldn't tell you that; I don't own them. I took the seminar live in 2004 and was very impressed with the concepts. I thought about purchasing the materials but never got around to doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi warrior View Post
    Are the DVDs worth the purchase?
    No. I'd sell u mine for cost of shipping.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    Pm me so we can exchange info.

Kata

is a Japanese word, Tao Lu or Kuen is Chinese , set ,form etc. is English, so it must nt be Kung Fu terminology either. get a clue douche bag. do you have to capitalize everything? we can hear your fat @$$ talking sh!t even when you whisper.

Blog Entries
    is a Japanese word, Tao Lu or Kuen is Chinese , set ,form etc. is English, so it must nt be Kung Fu terminology either. get a clue douche bag. do you have to capitalize everything? we can hear your fat @$$ talking sh!t even when you whisper.
    TATTOOED VAGINA aka TATTOOED JIM JONES AKA TATTOOED MONK.

P-U-S-S-Y! PUNK ASS BIATCH. YOU NEED TO GO BACK TO BROKE BACK MOUNTAIN WOOKIE WORSHIPER. I BET YOUR SIGUNG IS HAN SOLO.

Last edited by hskwarrior; 11-19-2012 at 05:01 PM.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    Wookie, forgive me for this post. It may not be true, but I sense some Rashamon revisionism here. Do you think it may be because Sin The thought your confidence was arrogance and that your actions were just another expression of ****iness? I've been in some rough sparring in front of Sin The. I've seen people go down from shots that end the match. I've seen Sin The stop fights and tell people to keep control. I've never seen him lay hands on anyone in the process. I can only deduce that the varible here that is different is you and his attitude toward you. Just a thought, I could be completely wrong.
    Maybe it was about that specific girl. Maybe he felt overprotective of her for some reason.

I don't think wook did anything wrong. In fact, from what I have read, I don't think she should have been there at all. Let alone paired up with somebody who is bigger better and faster. If it was me I would have just tossed her around the room till she gave up. I mean, she came to bang right? If it was a lower level test maybe that would be too much, but it was a BB test right?

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    PET PEEVE HERE. IF YOU GUYS ARE GOING TO CLAIM YOU ARE KUNG FU....SHAOLIN.....YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO STOP USING JAPANESE TERMS FOR CHINESE MARTIAL ARTS.

KUNG FU DOES NOT CALL OUR FORMS "kata" THEY ARE REFERRED TO AS SETS OR FORMS.
    in my opinion tim nance is a amazing fighter/martial artist/teacher regardless of the history of his teacher and the origin of the arts they claim to do/teach and regardless of the words he chose to describe his methods..

i have not learned the forms that "kata" application theory are about but the general concept is pretty good.

what i got out of tim nances "kat" class was that it is important to find several usage options for each movement in your forms. practice them against what you think are the most common and likely attacks.

i have met tim nance on a couple of occasions and have had one 2 hour class with him several years ago.

i prefer to use as much english terminology as i can when talking about any style of martial arts since this is the only language i speak:-)

for anyone who is interested
    below is copied from http://www.shaolinlegends.com/v_secrets_v4.html
    >>>>
    For nearly 4 decades, Senior Master Tim Nance has trained in the art of Shaolin. He is highly skilled and understands the nuances of empty hand combat. In Shaolin Secrets to Success IV, he shares with you his perspective on how you can become a better sparrer. Learn how to take your sparring to the next level by applying his wisdom and knowledge to your foundational punches, stances, kicks and stepping techniques. In addition, he teaches training drills and shares with you the important details he sees as he engages an opponent.

Join Senior Master Nance as he discusses:

The Center Punch
    Using Multiple Strikes
    Vision and Touch
    Forcing Reactions
    Avoiding Wrist Locks
    Subtle Punching
    Shadow Boxing
    Sweeping
    Internal Arts Applications
    And much more!
    As an added bonus, Senior Master Nance shares his personal experiences and thoughts on street fighting versus sparring, the relationship between the Internal and External Arts, and more!
    Video Details
    Edition: DVD
    Encoding: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only. This DVD will probably NOT be viewable in other countries.)
    Format: Color
    DVD Release Date: July, 2008
    Running Time: Approx. 1 hr 26 min<<<<
    Last edited by brucereiter; 11-19-2012 at 05:32 PM.
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    friendly amidst the hostile.
    Amidst hostile men
    we dwell free from hatred.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=brucereiter

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    How bout you just upload em so we can all see? It's not like SD has observed the rights of other styles they took from. They should be treated accordingly. Open source that motherfucker!

This is Chow Fook. My Sifu had three teachers and this is one of them. It's not a very good recording but you can see the power. As far as hand sets go, this is very strong. I wish I could have seen him in his prime. As an old man he is still VERY "solid".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPriM8V0tNY

There are some vids of the kids, I can't find it but I will look harder and post it so you can see the standards of our school.

Not everyone at the school is good. Some are really bad, actually. But out of the ones who put in the work, they are ALL good for the amount of time they have put in.

So... I don't wanna see a fancy SD wushu set. I wanna see Ging. I would love to see a vid of a POWERFUL sd performance. No flower dances, just POWER. Lay it on me and let me bask in the strength of SD.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post

This is Chow Fook. My Sifu had three teachers and this is one of them. It's not a very good recording but you can see the power. As far as hand sets go, this is very strong. I wish I could have seen him in his prime. As an old man he is still VERY "solid".
    Lot of energy for an older guy...nice form...

I took the "kat" at Master Nances home school in Winchester. I loved it. Not all of it works "perfect" for me but it did give me a new way of looking at things and a lot to work from. Oh and he took me one on one and hurt me bad, but it was all in fun. Me and Master Nance get along well, he kind of saved me once in a little deal on a mountain bus ride.
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

Quote Originally Posted by shen ku View Post
    I took the "kat" at Master Nances home school in Winchester. I loved it. Not all of it works "perfect" for me but it did give me a new way of looking at things and a lot to work from. Oh and he took me one on one and hurt me bad, but it was all in fun. Me and Master Nance get along well, he kind of saved me once in a little deal on a mountain bus ride.
    That's the thing with any application; not all applications work for you and not all applications may work on a resisting opponent. Everyone is different. You need an understanding of all the variations on a technique and the comfort level to flow and adapt under pressure. The question isn't "what's the application for this technique?" Rather "What's your application on someone like me for that technique?"
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by shen ku View Post
    Must have been a hell of a ride. What was the name of the mountain? Egoshan?

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    Must have been a hell of a ride. What was the name of the mountain? Egoshan?
    If I remember correctly, it was in Tibet. He'll need to supply details, but I think that's what he's talking about.
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Not everyone at the school is good. Some are really bad, actually. But out of the ones who put in the work, they are ALL good for the amount of time they have put in.
    I think that's pretty common in a lot of schools. The teacher is there to teach, but you get out of it what you are willing to invest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPriM8V0tNY
    That's some real deal stuff there. All the body connections are in place.