Quote Originally Posted by sihing View Post
Boxing is designed to teach someone how to punch, hard and fast, from a variety of angles, not to fight other boxers, because a boxer is capable of KO'g any other fighter, wrestler, kicker, whatever, so the tool development is what it does, the application of it and how well one can apply it is set to many variables, how well he knows his boxing science, how good the other guy is at his skill set, toughness, intent, environmental concerns and it goes on and on.
errrm - no. People may train boxing with an intention to use it for a variety of purposes or to fight against a variety of styles and for the record I agree that it works exceptionally well for many protaganists. I also agree that it teaches people to hit hard and fast as well as how to avoid and defend punches (NB defence is an important part of boxing and it is not simply learning how to hit hard and fast) however boxing has evolved over many years, it has evolved with the purpose of fighting and beating other boxers by fighting within the rule set of a boxing match and it will continue to do so because it is a sport with millions upon millions of pounds invested every year.
Can a boxer fight successfully in the street / outside of boxing rules? sure and in such circumstances the level of success depends upon many things including the individual's experience of perceiving and responding to attacks and movement that are alien to boxing (which they do not teach in boxing gyms - why because boxing is designed to fight against boxing), however the success or otherwise of an individual does not alter the fact that boxing as a system is designed to fight other boxers
You just have to look at the skill set, not a pretend outcome vs some fighter.
lol, you are the only one imagining pretend outcomes. I refer you to your post where you introduced the subject of a boxer being taken down by a wrestler........