Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Takedowns and throws in your system?

I kid i kid. Relax.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiked View Post
    I do not like this video and here is why. This is a ba gua guy showing the application for a move in ine of their forms. He says, "In going to use the fireman's carry to demonstrate this technique."

The fireman's carry is already its own technique. He basically stole it to validate the move in his form which bugs me.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=at0hio8PHYA

On the same vein as this post I pose this question.

Would modern day kung fu have grappling "in their forms" if t were not for mma?

Youknowwho,

I know what you are going to say but swai jiao does not count because it is its own art and let us be honest here and say that most people do not know about it. Since mma has popped up I noticed MANY more "Kung fu Grappling" books. Years ago not so much.
    Last edited by Spiked; 10-25-2013 at 07:31 AM.

Hi Frost,

The jab that is being thrown is not even aimed at lkfmdc's head. It is aimed to the side. A straight on target jab would require a different type of movement reaction. And I am not even talking about speed.

I am not even trying to "get into it" with you nor the original poster. I am just commenting on what was shown.

EDIT: Never mind.

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 10-25-2013 at 07:25 AM.

I do not like this video and here is why. This is a ba gua guy showing the application for a move in ine of their forms. He says, "In going to use the fireman's carry to demonstrate this technique."

The fireman's carry is already its own technique. He basically stole it to validate the move in his form which bugs me.

the problem is lama,hop gar lions roar has many teachers not just Ross and several of them all claim it has these throws, a number of them all post on this forum are they all making it up? They claim it has tibetan lineage and mongolian wrestling influences. Ross was teaching sanda before mma started so where did the throws they used their come from??

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    the problem is lama,hop gar lions roar has many teachers not just Ross and several of them all claim it has these throws, a number of them all post on this forum are they all making it up? They claim it has tibetan lineage and mongolian wrestling influences. Ross was teaching sanda before mma started so where did the throws they used their come from??
    Not making it up. But these teachers are embellishing what their BOXING systems have in their technique repetiors

Not making it up. But these teachers are embellishing what their BOXING systems have in their technique repetiors

Ross himself has stated that he went to seminars with Randy Catoure and who knows who else. With no video proof of what they trained back in the old fays(besides forms) it can only be assumed he added grappling in after he had learned lama.

Sweet Jesus, never thought I would defend Jake Mace. And I'm certainly not a fan of bagua.

How can you "steal" a move which is neither unique nor innovative? Did wrestling steal the move from Judo?

On the same vein as this post I pose this question.

Would modern day kung fu have grappling "in their forms" if t were not for mma?

Youknowwho,

I know what you are going to say but swai jiao does not count because it is its own art and let us be honest here and say that most people do not know about it. Since mma has popped up I noticed MANY more "Kung fu Grappling" books. Years ago not so much.
    Frost, would you stop bringing up your boyfriend Dave Ross? Seriously. I am trying to start a new conversation. Stick with it. If Ross rears his ugly head again and starts then so be it but let us move on for now.
    Last edited by Spiked; 10-25-2013 at 07:38 AM.

Spiked,

You made me watch the Monkey Beak Master. I will never forgive you that.

I see where you are coming from with that clip. He could have said that the application is the same as the fireman's carry. Would that have made a difference to you?

mickey

Quote Originally Posted by pazman View Post
    Sweet Jesus, never thought I would defend Jake Mace. And I'm certainly not a fan of bagua.

How can you "steal" a move which is neither unique nor innovative? Did wrestling steal the move from Judo?
    And yet here you are defending Jake Mace. Ba gua is a principle based martial meaning the form moves can be interpreted in more than one way when it comes to techniques. Did the founders mean that move to be a fireman's carry?

For the record I do not know anything about Jake. It was the first video that popped up.
    Last edited by Spiked; 10-25-2013 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Spiked,

You made me watch the Monkey Beak Master. I will never forgive you that.

I see where you are coming from with that clip. He could have said that the application is the same as the fireman's carry. Would that have made a difference to you?

mickey
    Nope. The fact is he needed a sport art to compliment his tcma. That was my point. Back then he might have shown it as an eye poke.

Actually, I just reread your post. It might have made a difference if he worded it the way you said. Good call. But my point still stands. Did the founders want that to be a takedown or any eye poke?
    Last edited by Spiked; 10-25-2013 at 07:37 AM.

Nope. The fact is he needed a sport art to compliment his tcma. That was my point. Back then he might have shown it as an eye poke.

Actually, I just reread your post. It might have made a difference if he worded it the way you said. Good call. But my point still stands. Did the founders want that to be a takedown or any eye poke?
    Depending on the lineage, from what I understand, bagua mostly comes from luohanquan, I've never learned an eye poke in luohanquan. Some lineages of bagua have a significant influence by shuai jiao, but that doesn't lead to an answer that'll make you happy.

Quote Originally Posted by pazman View Post
    Depending on the lineage, from what I understand, bagua mostly comes from luohanquan, I've never learned an eye poke in luohanquan. Some lineages of bagua have a significant influence by shuai jiao, but that doesn't lead to an answer that'll make you happy.
    I hVe read that the Cheng lineage came from a famous swai jiao master but if you YouTube Cheng style ba gua you will find forms and not sj. If you YouTube sj you will find sj.

I could be wrong. Maybe they were all super grapplers back then. I once heard a wing chun guy talk about how one of the moves in his form was actually a standing guillotine. Are you going to defend that one too??
    Last edited by Spiked; 10-25-2013 at 07:52 AM.

As predicted, "spiked" continues to be a tool and more and more forum members discover him to be a retard....

That aside, well, this WAS posted before...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

YOu might notice all the Lama, Hop Ga and White Crane guys (since it is a Si Ji Hao discussion forum) all relate that they have exactly the same movement and wre shown the same application

But you kids go back to what you were doing.....
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    As predicted, "spiked" continues to be a tool and more and more forum members discover him to be a retard....

That aside, well, this WAS posted before...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

YOu might notice all the Lama, Hop Ga and White Crane guys (since it is a Si Ji Hao discussion forum) all relate that they have exactly the same movement and wre shown the same application

But you kids go back to what you were doing.....
    Dave, Where is the video of you lama guys actually grappling? The old man said, "this could be a hip throw" so that means you guys could actually do hip throws and not just pretend? The video of the lamas I posted grappled better than you.