Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
Will you call this YJKM or Pigeon Toed/Goat Restraining stance?

Name:  Ho_Wo_Tang.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  6.7 KB

- Both toes are pointing inward,
- both knees are bending inward.

The only difference is the stance is much wider. It's also a training stance for "shin bite". You use this training stance to reduce the angle between your foot and your lower leg. This way when you use it to bite on your opponent's leg, you can apply more pressure on your opponent's leg.
Definitely NOT Wing Chun.
There are several other difference than the width of the stance. The center of gravity is different and the groin is open a whole lot more than YJKM, just to begin.
Question, why post on a Wing Chun forum about things you seem to have little experience with?
Like I said before, I did Judo almost 35 years ago, even earned a Black Belt but I have not practiced Judo for at least 25 years.
Should I go post on a Judo forum and expect those who are actually training in Judo to listen to anything I say about Judo??
You trained Wing Chun but by your own admission it was back in the 70's so I would argue that while you may be good at the art you practice, it is not Wing Chun. Adding an element of something to what or how you practice does not mean the same thing as practicing a specific way. Just saying...............

Like I said earlier, you can say whatever you want and take things out of context.
If I add meat to broth it could be soup, then again it could be stew there is a world of difference between the two.

There is also a big difference between how a chef would cook and I would, has to do with a deeper understanding of the subject at hand.