Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
People find faith in different ways and in different times BUT I have seen my share of people that have to reach rock bottom before they find it, too many people actually.
I don't know if it would have mattered if he had found Christ before, there is no guarantee if behaving better just because we find Christ ( even though we probably should).
I remember that old saying that " we are not a museum of saints but a hospital for sinners" and maybe that is why so many that hit rock bottom find Christ.
We he did was horrific and I am sure he KNEW it was wrong BUT what happened was a result of a life long path that lead to the final disastrous result.
There can be a transformation process when we find Christ BUT it only happens when we give ourselves over to Him.
I hope that he realizes that and does that.
Ecclesiastes mang: "Remember thine creator in the days of your youth, before the evil days draw nigh and the years shall pass and you shall find no pleasure in them"

Trying to dig oneself out of a hole of bad decisions by clean slate Jesus belief is as disingenuous as it gets. Often, people who do this fail to deal with the decimation and harm they have left in their wake. No reparations, no reconcilliations, no truth and no dealing with reality. Just hiding behind the skirts of religion.

Genuine reformation of an individual is a lot more rare than jail house jesus finders.

Not to be a jerk, but that's my opinion.