muppet

pls note i said something about useless dissing i recall. so for, e.g. comments like 'they were both crap...the end' are rather silly comments to make in this case. i'm happy to discuss the what, why, how, etc, and have a discussion on what ppl think they did wrong, right, etc and constructive criticism for mutual learning.

btw i'm not suggesting u are doing the useless dissing thing. thats just a comment on what some ppl have done. and i agree with u. some ppl do push the respect thing a bit too far and don't think its ok to critically analyse a fight due to the respect thing particularly if he is of your own pai. anyway i understand that and its no big deal. then of course there are those ppl who are all talk and can't do jack and see fit to engage in useless rude, criticism.

as for the rules thing yes its partly my conjecture as Ng's lack of use of grappling, throws etc was kind of a surprise considering his background. when i heard about the rule about no kicking above waist height it seemed to suggest that the NHB, no rules that some ppl thought the fight involved was in fact incorrect. my apolgoies for misleading anyone. u will note that the statement u made that a 'decent boxer' would have eaten them alive is also conjecture, and your opinion based upon your MA exp. as mentioned b4, Mr Chan is also believed to have done some boxing as well.

as for experts, not taking sides or anything but a friend of mine from the internal arts was telling me he heard that mr Chan was in fact new in pak hok and was regarded as an up and coming kung fu practitioner of the style. hvaen't verified this.

the comment about kidding themselves that they could fight etc...i mean...thats what they did, they were in the ring, and they fought. it may not have been as pretty as some ppl would have liked or looked the way some ppl expected they did fight and hit each other with some pretty solid strikes. if your referring to skill levels however, which i think u are. i dont really know the internal arts that well so i don't really have too much new to add.

i'm happy to hear your comments on the fight if you are willing to share. .
muppet what style do u practice? just curious too.