no problem buddy...

if you read the history of the style, the founder Doshin So actually studied kung fu in china (in Japanese Shorin Giwamonken or something i think, not sure what it is in chinese), as well as some other Japanese arts. But didnt study Karate at all, or at least if he did in a very limited exposure.

The HQ of the Shorinji Kempo organisation was set up on one of the Southern Islands in 1947 (forget which one), not on the "mainland" as it were. The one directly south of Kyushu i think

I know from my own practise that Kempo emphasises full body movement and full twist/extension of the waist and hips to generate power for the front and back punch etc. More like boxing in a way. They also dont at all bring the hands to the hips like karate do, instead having an actual guard Also when punching, the hand is not rotated like the standard karate punch, instead it is a vertical fist. Some small differences, but i think u see what i mean...

Its a heck of a lot more "fluid" than karate is, and the way those dudes can flow from striking to grappling and throwing is pretty friggin cool if u ask me

When i first met my friend at work who became my sensei, he was only a 1st dan in Kempo and took me apart even though he had only been training 6 years to my almost 10

dawood