Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's your Chinese name?

Hybrid View

Mine's Liu Mang

OK, just kidding. Liu Mang is the literal translation of 'rogue'

My Shaolin name is Xinglong. That's 32nd gen for Xing. Long as in Dragon. The monks said I should be like a dragon and bring Shaolin to America. My birth name is Chen Xing Hua. Chen as in Chen Taiji - the character can be broken down into 'ear to the east'. Xing Hua means like 'prosperous splendor' or something like that.

If anyone wants a Chinese name, I'd be happy to make one up for you.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Funny, my Sifu just offered to give me one a few weeks ago, what he came up with was....Horses, Stream, Up, he gave me the characters, but I dont remember how to say it, on the real ....I was truly blessed to have such a good Sifu!.

Skard1 aka ....Ma...something ...something
    skarbro -- you're in, brother. your sole responsibility -- mock temple kung fu. -rubthebuddha

Its not what goes in a man that defile's him, its what comes out.

www.torontohiphop.com

Tai Qin Long = Great Royal Dragon
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Golden rat or metal rat Jing Shu is the nickname.

It is my birth sign or horoscope.

Pu Ti Shen

Talking

They call me 'Dances with Wolves'.

when i was in china people called sun wu kiong cause im hairy and remind them of a monkey. also got happy guy (cause of my excessive drinking i guess) as my name in china might as well let them assign it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Enter the...

Dragon!

Some of the chaps and chappesses in my aiki school nicknamed me 'Dragon'. Maybe it's because I had a reputation for being fierce...

Many of them called me Rubber Sensei... and no, no connection to condoms!

When I got a tenugui (hachimaki for kendo, lit. 'towel' - see not all Japanese is romantic! ) from my sensei he also chose a master calligrapher and swordsman's calligraphy for 'Dragon' as he said it suited me!

Other people have called me all kinds of things...!

I want a name!

I want a chinese name Gene!!! Name me!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DragonzRage
    They call me 'Dances with Wolves'.
    LMMFAO

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing
    OK, just kidding. Liu Mang is the literal translation of 'rogue'
    I have a Chinese name, thanks Gene. It won't get my ass kicked in Chinatown will it?
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by rogue
    I have a Chinese name, thanks Gene. It won't get my ass kicked in Chinatown will it?

well i don't know about a 'kicking' but with a name like rogue, you might be in for a little rough trade down there.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

My Sifu has never called me anything chinese. My Sifu has called me "Ross Perot" or "What's your name I forget"or "Mr Chan" (from some skits we did at a New Year's party where I played an evil doer named "Mr. Chan"). Aside from that the only other nickname I think I ever got was "Lone Lion Dancer McQuaid" from one of my classmates, and occasionaly since some us at the school watch 'Hajime No Ippo', one guy will call me "Sempai". The only other-language names I heard were from when I went to Cambodia and they were just generic, like "agiang saw" which just meant white american, or just "saw-saw" white white, and an occasional "barang" which means frenchman, I hated that one.

rogue in Chinatown

No, I'm saving those names for MasterKiller. I still owe him and a Chinatown ass-whupping would only bring the tally to 146...

There's an awful lot of dragon names here, aren't there?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Ah, what the heck. Gimme a nickname, Gene.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter