View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 286 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 1862362762842852862872882963363867861286 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,290 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

hey...

Quote Originally Posted by Baqualin View Post
    KFJ is far away too and I'm sure he would love to get in on this also....I'm looking after the first of the year...I know KC & JP will be tied up until then (hey guys you know what causes that stuff )
    is there anyway I can get in on this too?? I could use a good schooling by you old folks!!

2. you know im in!

though im worried...is there an age requirement? cause i might be to young for you old uns!

lmao!

just keep me posted fellas!

Quote Originally Posted by kungfujunky View Post
    you know im in!

though im worried...is there an age requirement? cause i might be to young for you old uns!

lmao!

just keep me posted fellas!

As we say in Tennessee, "Them thar's fightn' words!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

This sounds like a great idea, y'all. If it's at the beginning of next year, that should work out well for me. I'm driving through Kentucky in mid to late January as it is, and was hoping to stay in town for a lesson or two. Maybe it will work out for sometime that could make it.

I gotta admit, though. I share KFJ's sentiments. I'm just looking forward to taking a pounding and getting some pointers...no comments on age here, though!

Seems that every time I comment on how old someone is, they demonstrate how much treachery one can acquire with experience. Not that any of you fine, upstanding Shaolin Do folks would resort to treachery or mischeviousness in order to prove a point...or heck, just to win for that matter!

Quote Originally Posted by 9th
    Seems that every time I comment on how old someone is, they demonstrate how much treachery one can acquire with experience.

As a friend of mine at the gym always says: " I didn't make it to getting old by being stupid".
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars..Glory lasts forever"......

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Tiger View Post
    The couch is a lot safer place to be. I don't want to have to take the wrath of you youngins....
    You keep forgetting I'm your elder

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    is there anyway I can get in on this too?? I could use a good schooling by you old folks!!
    Of course

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    Sure, I'm up for it. Me, KC, BM, GT, BQ and anyone else?
    hi ya'all,

schedule permitting i would love to meet with everyone ...
    so please give me a shout if this happens.

best,

b
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    friendly amidst the hostile.
    Amidst hostile men
    we dwell free from hatred.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=brucereiter

9. how about the first or 3rd week in february?

like a thursday - tuesday ?

Quote Originally Posted by kungfujunky View Post
    how about the first or 3rd week in february?

like a thursday - tuesday ?
    It's all good to me, but we had better wait till the Babies come....JP & KC will have to adjust...KC knows....JP has no clue, it's his first

Yeah, ultimately we have to leave it up to them...or more appropriately, their lady friends.

As for February, that's pretty tough, 'cause I try to make it back to Texas for Master Schaefer's tournament. Heck, I guess there's always March. We could have a little side action before or after the seminar.

Green Cloud
    Are you telling me there's no mythology in your system of Kung Fu anywhere

And as far as material goes your a Master of the Green Cloud school plus you hold 10 Black Beltsin other styles.
    Your school teaches:
    Northern Siu-Lum Pai
    Bak-Mei
    Dai Sing Pek Gwa (Great Sage Monkey System)
    Sit Gaut
    San Shou
    Southern Eagle Claw
    Northern Eagle Claw
    Iron Palm
    Chi Gung - Hei Gung
    Chin Na
    Pankration
    Nanchuan
    Jiu Jia Quan (Drunken Boxing)
    Nok Fei Pai
    Mok Ga
    Tai Chi
    Krav Maga
    Kick Boxing
    That's a lot of material!!
    I do respect your skill (seen your vid's nice!) and your lineage...it's easy to follow it came through China(no questions)....OURS isn't it came through Indonesia, but that makes it no less unreal....your right about some SD people making claims that make no sense, but you do a pretty good job of marketing yourself (that includes this thread) and I'm sure your not putting a cap on the number of schools or students.

Also some of us are working on putting good SD vids on here.....but as I've seen from other threads a lot of the older masters don't want their videos posted on here...not out of fear but respect.

I guess I just did a little Marketing for you myself didn't I!!!
    Last edited by Baqualin; 10-17-2006 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ninthdrunk View Post
    Yeah, ultimately we have to leave it up to them...or more appropriately, their lady friends.

As for February, that's pretty tough, 'cause I try to make it back to Texas for Master Schaefer's tournament. Heck, I guess there's always March. We could have a little side action before or after the seminar.
    That would be a great time...GMS will be staying here then and I'm sure he would love to hang out with us.

Quote Originally Posted by ninthdrunk View Post

It would be nice to meet some of the SD people from the board at Master Shaefer's tournament. Really trying to improve my sparring skills so I can have a good showing, plus trimming down a bit more.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Baqualin View Post
    That would be a great time...GMS will be staying here then and I'm sure he would love to hang out with us.

that would be good for me!

just give me a month or more notice so i can arrange things