Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: White Tiger kung fu!!!

fiercest tiger -
    Lungying is not bak mei, they do share some movements but the power is completely different!
    Absolutely right!, fiercest tiger - Dragon and White Eyebrow are not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by The Xia View Post
    What did Chan Tai San say about Bak Fu Pai?
    I learned one form from him and it looked nothing like what that other guy was doing

Quote Originally Posted by mung foo View Post
    fiercest tiger -

Absolutely right!, fiercest tiger - Dragon and White Eyebrow are not the same.
    Nope they are basicaly the same style except for some miniscule diference, like for instance Lama Pai, Bock hok, and Happ Ga are one in the same.

Quote Originally Posted by mung foo View Post
    He sure does look good for an older guy. But that is Dragon style not Bokmei.
    Yeah, the wording at the begining of the youtube clip is an error.

Anybody who is familiar with Lung Ying will undoubtedly know that this clip is Dragon Style Kung Fu, not Bak Mei.

Nice Kung Fu either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Cloud View Post
    Dragon style and Bok mei are the same thing anyway that guy was goo friends with my sifu CTS and he4 said that guy is the real deal.
    Green Cloud,

You are refering to Sifu Lee in the Lung Ying clip, are you not?

You are saying that your Sifu is/was good friends with him, right?

I just want to make sure I'm understanding you correctly here.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Nowon View Post
    Yeah, the wording at the begining of the youtube clip is an error.

Anybody who is familiar with Lung Ying will undoubtedly know that this clip is Dragon Style Kung Fu, not Bak Mei.

Nice Kung Fu either way.
    The only difference between Bok mei and Dragon style is the breathing in Bok mei it uses a reverse breathing method.

Dragon style seems to use a bit more clawing. Please eloborate

Green Cloud,

You are refering to Sifu Lee in the Lung Ying clip, are you not?

You are saying that your Sifu is/was good friends with him, right?

I just want to make sure I'm understanding you correctly here.

Thanks.
    Yes that's who I'm refering to, If you guys watch closely You will see my Sifu walking past the stage.

I was present at that Masters demo in NY China Town, I also did a monkey form and would love to get that clip.

Yes that's who I'm refering to, If you guys watch closely You will see my Sifu walking past the stage.

I was present at that Masters demo in NY China Town, I also did a monkey form and would love to get that clip.
    So Sifu Lee of Yip's Kung Fu club is out of New York?

Do you know if he is with Yip Wing Hong's Lung Ying school?

I've tried to do searches for Yips Kung Fu club, I know I've seen the name other than the video clip, but I've been unable to find any results. Any info about this would be appreciated.

Thanks.

So Sifu Lee of Yip's Kung Fu club is out of New York?

Do you know if he is with Yip Wing Hong's Lung Ying school?

I've tried to do searches for Yips Kung Fu club, I know I've seen the name other than the video clip, but I've been unable to find any results. Any info about this would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Unfortunately those clips were taken over 15 years ago and Just like my Sifu I would think that they all passed away

Unfortunately those clips were taken over 15 years ago and Just like my Sifu I would think that they all passed away
    ****! Thats to **** bad. I guess its a part of life that we'll all have to face sooner or later.

Thanks anyway green.

greencloud,
    your opinion that dragon and pak mei are the same is indeed... interesting. i think dragon and white eyebrow are as close as peas and carrots, they're both vegetables.

juan,
    Ho Lei is a Kung Ying sifu in NYC, still kickin' it. he shows up at Yip Sifu's class once in a while. he is a student of Lam Yiu Kwai.
    East River Dragon Style, Lam Family
    東河龍形 - 林家拳, 林志平,師傅

Melty, you're like a ninja lurking in the shadows, who jumps out and steals the show when least expected!
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

meltdawn-
    your opinion that dragon and pak mei are the same is indeed... interesting. i think dragon and white eyebrow are as close as peas and carrots, they're both vegetables
    Both vegatables, one is a pea and the other is a carrot. Nice analogy! true too.

meltdawn

Quote Originally Posted by meltdawn View Post
    i think dragon and white eyebrow are as close as peas and carrots, they're both vegetables.
    I have heard this as well. That's a good analogy. I have heard that the two styles compliment each other well. Bak Mei gives speed while Lung Ying gives power. Would you say this is accurate?

Xai,

Not true!