Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Palms only kung fu styles.

I'll bite on the joke thread.

Easiest way to learn how to fight(in your own delusions of granduer) with your hands: The Irish Approach. More Guinness and Jameson!

Drink, Get Angry and start punching!
    Hippies can't stand deathmetal - Eric Cartman

i cannot stand this any longer

so everybody lets not post and go back to our normal threads. i cannot stand this. hopefully the dude will go get some guts a join a good style. then lets see what his opninion is. hopefully he will stop doing pansy ass fights and get some good gung fu. i also think that he has been watching youtube a tad bit much.(i always found pansy fights the end)
    "you might be in a fake cma school if your master claims to teach a style secretly passed down to him & nobody else called the Five Deadly Venoms"-forgot who

"With kungfu, if it is good method you will build the body and the mind. when these are strong, the spirit flourishes. That's the core of kungfu and again it circles back to 'you'."- david jamieson

P.S. i could be completely wrong

Have you considered western boxing, practiced open palm against a heavy bag? Many modern self-defense authors recommend such an approach and if you follow instructions to the letter from guys like Marc Macyoung, Jack Dempsey, and Peyton Quinn, supposedly you will have some pretty functional skills in just a few months. Dempsey says if you train on a heavy bag, you should be able to throw a knockout blow most of the time within three months.

But it dosen't sound like you really want to learn to fight, nor do you really want to practice kungfu. What exactly is the goal of your proposed "Easy Kungfu style"?

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Jack View Post
    Have you considered western boxing, practiced open palm against a heavy bag? Many modern self-defense authors recommend such an approach and if you follow instructions to the letter from guys like Marc Macyoung, Jack Dempsey, and Peyton Quinn, supposedly you will have some pretty functional skills in just a few months. Dempsey says if you train on a heavy bag, you should be able to throw a knockout blow most of the time within three months.

But it dosen't sound like you really want to learn to fight, nor do you really want to practice kungfu. What exactly is the goal of your proposed "Easy Kungfu style"?
    I don't like western boxing, poor balance, and you don't learn to beat or avoid clinching, only real kung fu can teach you that.

mickey, i can't play anyone because i have no martial arts skill of any kind, that's why i want to learn real lethal kung fu.

I like guns too, but i still want to learn real kung fu.

HEY PARE...lolz lay offf the shabu (if your pinoy u know what i mean) kung fu means hard work ... take it as it is...lolz.. u funny ass pinoy and i thought i was silly..lolz **** u must be on a good one..and i've been a member here for quite sometimes your the only one that made me post..lolz..

Nice to see another kabayan here, what's your style? How easy is it?

Look i'm serious about this, now i know that martial arts like western boxing and the grappling arts are a lot easier than kung fu or other traditional martial arts, but i don't like those, i don't like grappling, i want to learn real kung fu so that i can have real lethal skills.

I want to learn real kung fu for self defense, against people and animals like dogs.

I figured that a palms only kung fu would be easier and faster to learn compared to a kung fu style that uses punches and special techniques like leopard fist, mantis claw, tiger claw, other finger strikes, phoenix eye fist, etc. etc. etc.

I've thought about pa kua chang and pi gua chang, since they are palms only kung fu styles, but pa kua is an internal style, so its even more difficult and takes even longer to learn than most kung fu styles.

I've seen a few vids of pi gua, it looks good, but its a long range style, which again makes it harder to learn, and the moves look scary, i feel my arms aching just by watching pi gua chang practitioners do their thing.
    the path to righteousness is straight and narrow.

Hey, i just thought of something do you guys know if there is a pa kua style that is external rather than internal or a pi gua chang that is short range rather than long range.

That would probably make those styles as easy as wing chun or southern tai tzu.

Just for the record

An external martial art from Gansu, (Western China) is practiced completely as palms and does not have the softness of Bagua or the long swings of Pigua. It is known as XiLiangZhang. However, it is fairly rare outside of China ....so ......

Regards,
    Wu Chanlong

u have also to consider whats in ur area or do wanna go to china or taiwan etc.?
    BTW.yeah Lau Kar Leung was in scorpio and in many other films as director,actor and choreographer...

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Master View Post
    An external martial art from Gansu, (Western China) is practiced completely as palms and does not have the softness of Bagua or the long swings of Pigua. It is known as XiLiangZhang. However, it is fairly rare outside of China ....so ......

Regards,
    Wu Chanlong

Wow thanks, do you practise it? how easy is it?

I knew it, there are literally hundreds and hundreds of kung fu styles out there, i knew there just had to be a lot of easy ones!

have also to consider whats in ur area or do wanna go to china or taiwan etc.?
    BTW.yeah Lau Kar Leung was in scorpio and in many other films as director,actor and choreographer..
    Now that is cool!!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfkiller View Post
    I don't like western boxing, poor balance, and you don't learn to beat or avoid clinching, only real kung fu can teach you that.
    Wow. That's about as inaccurate as saying "Judo dosen't do any throws." Or, maybe "Escrimador's never use weapons."

Quote Originally Posted by wolfkiller View Post
    mickey, i can't play anyone because i have no martial arts skill of any kind...
    But then, you explain your many misconceptions here.

Wow, Xi Liang Zhang is so rare it doesn't even register on the net at all, unlike southern tai tzu, there are at least a few hits, but with Xi Liang Zhang there is not a single thing!!

This is great! A real easy but rare style!!

Nowhere did Shaolin Master say that it was easy, and the other stuff you see from Gansu would suggest that it isn't.
    Bottom line is, you're not going to master anything in three years, certainly if you are unwilling to strain yourself physically. If you go to a good school and put the effort in then you should be pretty accomplished in 5 years. The whole point of mastery is it takes a long time, otherwise everyone would be masters
    Palm usage is much harder than fist anyway, so there's really nothing to be gained in that regard from studying palms only.
    You can't learn to defend yourself effectively without grappling, and I've NEVER seen ANY kung fu style that has no grappling (the school might be really cr*ppy and not teach it, but that's a whole other story), and how exactly were you planning on defending against clinches with no grappling ability?
    Also, how are you planning on fighting off a dog with no kicking and no grappling?
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

wolfkiller.

"You harbor a common beginner’s misconception: that there is some sort of secret that turns you into Wong Fei Hung without effort. That's ok though. Now, you have to let go of that. The truth is that it takes hard work and the correct attitude to become good at Kung Fu. If you look at history, Kung Fu fighters were often individuals who would of likely been tough with or without martial arts. Kung Fu was used for life and death combat. Training wasn't a luxury, but a tool of survival. They trained hard and with combat in mind. To gain skill, you to must train hard and with combat in mind. It's as simple as that. There are no magical martial arts elixirs. Gong Fu means "Time and Effort". You get what you put in. If you want results, train hard and with the right attitude. Also, my previous advice remains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    Forget about what's rare, popular, or considered cool. Find yourself a good teacher and choose a style that suits you.
    Lastly, don't worry about your age."

LOL. Why are you ignoring this? I can guess why but if what I'm thinking is true that says something about your mentality towards martial arts...

Smile

Hey pare sasabihin ko sayo that there's no such thing as easy kung fu or self defense or any type of martial arts #1 u need to work out so that you going to get stronger and there's no way around that ..and there's no faster way to learn kung fu i've been doing kung fu for 10 years now and i feel like i'm still a beginner. so if you dont want to work out to get stronger why bother looking for martial arts school... or i have an easy one for you...i'll sell you my belt and just walk around your area in Makati and say u know kung fu .. there that should be easy enough for you to do ..no "ACHING ARMS" only ACHING WALLET ... i'll sell you a good black belt too ..and tell everyone that GENERAL KWAN gave to your great great great great great grandfather.. and you can make millions with that..and tell everybody u know "JUDONTKNOW" kung fu... and it's very rare.. u can master it in less than a day

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Eight Cold Strikes

There is a style that consisted of only eight strikes, many of them palms. This style was practiced by Chinese pirates, and dockworkers (who were most likely one and the same)and was witnessed by non-Chinese for the first time in the docks of New York. It was designed to be able to drop your opponent with a single blow. When Westerners saw the Chinese do this, they asked what it was that they did. The name, Eight Cold Strikes referred to the ruthless,cold=hearted methods, but instead, the art became nearly extinct, and only the name remained,which became adopted as slang in the lower east side of New York, particularly in the area that borders on Chinatown, known as Little Italy.
    In fact, the name of this style is still used in slang to this day when describing a one punch lnockout. Eight Cold Strikes, or more formally,"Eight Strikes of Ice"

I'm sticking with Irish Drunken Boxing here.....
    Hippies can't stand deathmetal - Eric Cartman