Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Palms only kung fu styles.

Well you know that enlightenment makes a bloody entrance via Gene at post # 1000 but in the meantime...
    So what do you know about this style lkfmdc?
    You wouldn't be the type to keep information from the public would you?

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    (and so it starts, again)

What starts again? My confusion?

like sands through the hour glass, so are the days of our lives

Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by The Xia View Post
    "You harbor a common beginner’s misconception: that there is some sort of secret that turns you into Wong Fei Hung without effort. That's ok though. Now, you have to let go of that. The truth is that it takes hard work and the correct attitude to become good at Kung Fu. If you look at history, Kung Fu fighters were often individuals who would of likely been tough with or without martial arts. Kung Fu was used for life and death combat. Training wasn't a luxury, but a tool of survival. They trained hard and with combat in mind. To gain skill, you to must train hard and with combat in mind. It's as simple as that. There are no magical martial arts elixirs. Gong Fu means "Time and Effort". You get what you put in. If you want results, train hard and with the right attitude. Also, my previous advice remains.

Lastly, don't worry about your age."

LOL. Why are you ignoring this? I can guess why but if what I'm thinking is true that says something about your mentality towards martial arts...

I'm not ignoring it, i just can't respond to it, its basically what i have always known about kung fu, but i'm still hoping that there are easy but lethal styles out there, and the responses here are very encouraging.

A kung fu style with only eight moves? Wow, that has got to be the easiest kung fu style in the world!

well, frankly I don't see any reason to simply dispense information-information that I sweated for,went through years of pain, torture,denial for, simply because wolfkiller wants a shortcut to self defense mastery. I struggled to get where I am today, so the very least you can do is make a feeble attempt, an effort to understand the cultural roots of this art.
    Ok , so maybe not.

..and there's no faster way to learn kung fu i've been doing kung fu for 10 years now and i feel like i'm still a beginner.
    That's what i was afraid of. I don't want to study for 10 years and still be a beginner after that . I want to learn and internalize lethal techniques in 3 years or less.

Sillyme, what style do you practice? Tai chi chuan?

yes, but first...
    you must be able to say the name of the style,
    "Eight Strikes of Ice"
    in its native Cantonese

Baat Da Bing!
    the path to righteousness is straight and narrow.

"well, frankly I don't see any reason to simply dispense information-information that I sweated for,went through years of pain, torture,denial for, simply because wolfkiller wants a shortcut to self defense mastery. "

If wolfkiller hasn't trained in anything yet and is already saying that it's "too hard" don't worry.....he'll never master anything.

But, simply giving out info to someone doesn't make them a master (actually it hardly does anything for them). I could know the history of boxing inside and out.....so what, does it make me Mike Tyson?

I'll give you another problem in CMA. People thinking that knowledge = mastery. You are implying this so I consider you guilty of it as well. I know everything a boxer knows.....bobbing, weaving, cross, hook, jab, etc. You think Lennox Lewis is worried? You think he's pizzed because he sweated and went through years of pain....hardly.

I've studied and trained from the age of 13 (I'm 35). I have no prob. whatsoever showing or telling anyone anything that I know or have learned (the knowledge is out there anyway). Good luck doing it as well as me though.
    Last edited by Anthony; 10-31-2006 at 06:41 PM.

ahhh, that is where you are WRONG, Weedwacker!
    Eight Cold Strikes is so deadly because of its ease in learning. Even if one simply utters its name three times,(like Beetleguise, or Sandman) thrice shall it be uttered, the number being three...mastery is just around the corner...on Mullberry and Hester, or was that Ferrarra's? Either way, good nougat is hard to find.

Alright TenTigers, I get it now but you had me going for awhile. I was thinking something like, "A style with 8 strikes, what ramifications would that have? Maybe it's like boxing, a few strikes that can be used many ways combined with footwork, conditioning, etc. And what's with the weird history? Little Italy? What’s that about? AHHHH, **** it! I can't believe I was actually thinking this! Now I get it! Bada Bing and it's all clear!"
    Last edited by The Xia; 10-31-2006 at 07:23 PM.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    Even if one simply utters its name three times,(like Beetleguise, or Sandman)
    Or Biggie Smalls...

like everything else, once we start to take ourselves too seriously, we lose sight of the big picture. So it's always good to jus' fuk with each other now and again. Keeps things in perspective, dont'cha think?

That's much easier to do on a forum then in person. You got it down pat though. I gotta give you credit for it. You don't use emoticons. Wise move.
    Plus, you do have a good sense of humor. After all that, the whole thing was clever.
    Last edited by The Xia; 10-31-2006 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfkiller View Post
    I'm not ignoring it, i just can't respond to it, its basically what i have always known about kung fu, but i'm still hoping that there are easy but lethal styles out there, and the responses here are very encouraging.
    You have to train hard to get good at Kung Fu. That's it. There is no easy-but-lethal style. You get what you put in. If you slack off and train without combat in mind, you won't become good. If you train hard and with combat in mind, you will become good. This applies to any style you choose to study. There is no way around it.

Actually, I do know of a small, Palms only style. It's called Wu Zhangquan. It is VERY rare, and as far as I know it is only practiced in a remote villiage somewhere.

I sugjest you persue this style as it is what you seem to want.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

[QUOTE=
    That's what i was afraid of. I don't want to study for 10 years and still be a beginner after that . I want to learn and internalize lethal techniques in 3 years or less.

Sillyme, what style do you practice? Tai chi chuan?

[/QUOTE]

HEY pare ..your not worth my time to tell you my style of kung fu ..our kung fu consist of joint locking and fist ..and to tell you the truth and no disrespect to you you sound like like whiner and a BAKLA....

wolfkiller

I don't care what style you are talking about, you have to put in the effort and have the right mindset. You talk about palm strikes but don't want conditioning. Actually, conditioning is crucial for a great palm strike. Iron Hand training conditions your palms.

I'm going to make this very clear....

You get what you put in. If you slack off and train without combat in mind, you won't become good. If you train hard and with combat in mind, you will become good. This applies to any style you choose to study. There is no way around it.

Got it?