Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Kung Fu Femmes

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I'm voting for Shaolinlueb for KFM's Paula Abdul.
    gene
    first off, thanks, but i dont watch american idol, you're gonna have to fill me in gene. does she get a lot of chicks? have only seen a couple of people offer advice and construtiveness in this thread.

firepalm and xia i get what you are saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Trivia Question

The Kung Fu Femmes website shows someone named Kei Kosugi as one of their choreographers.

Is he the son of Sho Kosugi from "Enter the Ninja"?

Sho Kosugi was the Man back in the day!

Anyone else remember those movies?

P.S. I still don't like the Kung Fu Femmes.
    I'll burn both sides of a bridge while standing in the middle to prove the truth.

Hi everyone

Hey fellow martial artists. I'm new here and was dropping in after I saw this topic. I actually saw some of the Kung Fu Femmes performances in LA. What I want to know is, where is all the stuff I saw in the shows?

In the movies posted, all I see are stick fighting and staff choreography with a little dancing and kicks. When I saw the show live, There were multiple fight scenes going on at once, girls fighting with double chucks and kama's, and a very cool hand to hand scene with one of them dressed up like a school girl taking out a couple of thugs. I honestly liked the shows I saw - but what I see in those movies didn't seem to do you justice. It actually kind of backfired imo.

But still - with this much ralley'ing back and forth about who likes it and who doesn't, its kind of funny. I think I have to point out some things tho.

Umm, I'm sorry to say this, but Firepalm - you are wrong in most of your posts. Later in the thread you actually try to make some valid arguments - but your first few made you look pretty childish. Most of the movies you linked to were just people doing forms and some fight scenes from big budget movies - how does that compare to this stage troupe? Your arguments about these girls not being as good as the HK favorites - that was pretty lame. And then referring to other threads like Jiayo etc?? Those forums are seriously for Asian highschoolers that spend their life on the computer all day. Can you really take them seriously?
    You have posted so many times on this thread - I think you must be thinking about it alot. Most people wouldn't take that much time trying to prove their opinion - I'm starting to think you like this troupe but are afraid to say it...seriously, is there anything wrong with enjoying girls in anime'ish outfits doing martial arts? I think its most guys dream lol.

Xia - tho I see most of your points also, I want to know if you've seen them live? You seem to have a pretty big opinion on these girls for someone who has only seen these little movies of them. Believe me - its not the same. And I would
    probably have the same opinion if I only saw those movies. But for someone who doesn't like it - you sure post alot on the thread too...

To Chinadoll - GET SOME OF YOUR GOOD STUFF ON THE WEB! @#$@#$

In their defense - I have to say I agree with Shaolin Lueb and the guys. But I also think what they are showing on the web is pretty Sucky. Not all of it - but its pretty sucky compared to their show.

Thats all

Shaolin Sky said,
    Most of the movies you linked to were just people doing forms and some fight scenes from big budget movies - how does that compare to this stage troupe?
    If you read the post I said these were examples of how Kung Fu / Wushu staff work should look and thus sighted examples in regards to their staff & stick work as it was poorly done for something that is supposed to be Kung Fu themed. I referenced the films to show what good fight choreography should look like. It was not intended as a comparison and wasn't worded as such.

Shaolin Sky said,
    Your arguments about these girls not being as good as the HK favorites - that was pretty lame.
    A post was made by Shaolin lueb trying to validate that the Kung Fu Femmes are dancers and that many HK female action stars started out as dancers and this somehow validates what they do. I merely pointed out that there is no comparison. Of course these girls are not in the same league and what they do is completely different which is what I was trying to point out in my post.

You know if you like em that's your opinion and you're certainly entitled and yeh I have probably gone overboard on this but truth is simply I love Chinese martial arts in all it's variances and hate seeing it misrepresented. This KF Femme stuff as I have said really struck a nerve with me and if wasn't called 'Kung Fu' Femmes (& Tony wasn't such an a hole) I wouldn't have a problem. You can call me childish, that's your opinion, whatever no biggie.

Like these girls secretly e gad no! Talk to me about Zhang Zhiyi as Sailor Moon and yeh we might a whole new thread going!
    Last edited by firepalm; 01-26-2007 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shaolinsky View Post
    Xia - tho I see most of your points also, I want to know if you've seen them live? You seem to have a pretty big opinion on these girls for someone who has only seen these little movies of them. Believe me - its not the same. And I would
    probably have the same opinion if I only saw those movies. But for someone who doesn't like it - you sure post alot on the thread too...
    Admittedly, I have only watched those videos. As someone who has seen the show, what do you think is good about it?
    As for your implication about me secretly liking it, no and I doubt Firepalm does either.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Some of you have given constructive comments, and for the most part, chinadoll has done her best to listen. If you really want change, speak in a voice that people will heed. We all deserve a shot at self improvement. That's the essence of martial practice. And we're all beginners at some point. Perhaps, with proper input, Kung Fu Femmes could become something that meets everyone's expectations.
    Firepalm actually did give some constructive comments as did others. I'll add this to the mix. So choreography and martial arts aside, what is this show about? Scantily clad women who "kick ass" with writing along the lines of "Boys go for the glory. Girls go for the kill."? This just doesn't cut it for me. Take a look at the Shaolin Wheel of Life show. Look at what was presented to the audience there.
    Last edited by The Xia; 01-26-2007 at 12:09 AM.

What can I say

Li Kao, Lueb, Gene, and Shaolin Sky, I deeply appreciate your words. Although I know you guys have your honest critiques, these are good, honest criticisms that I and the troupe can grow from.

Li Kao, your attitude shows that of a great person and teacher. If you teach martial arts, I would want to learn from someone like you. I agree that we as martial artists have alot in common. You are the type of person I could correpond with on this forum and gain knowledge.

I feel that is why ANYONE would spend their time on a forum. To share ideas that help them grow.

Thank goodness their are people like you guys on this forum. Otherwise I would probably just sign off.

Xia - the live show actually does have a story line. The videos don't show it because they are just clips of different shows. Maybe if you ever come town you can check it out for yourself. Much better than me trying to explain the whole performance

Dui nimen Chou Shaozi, Wo Hai yao shuo - bu yao lan fei wode shijian. Nide hua zhende shi FEI HUA. Tai Lipule ye.

Something interesting about me - My great grandfather helped fund Huo Yuan Jia's school. Kung Fu is in my blood.

Last edited by chinadoll; 01-26-2007 at 12:16 AM. Reason: added comments.

Hey Xia

Give it up, mate! No one can answer cause all it really is, is women who kick ass! (Fetish market).

Cheers!

And look at this...

The youtube Kung Fu Femmes videos are tagged with the word "Catfight". Now what does that say concerning what Kung Fu Femmes is about?

For those that are defending this show, what do you like about it? Tell me why you feel it's good?

What I like about it

1 - they are real
    2 - they are girls
    3 - they do martial arts
    4 - they wear cool costumes
    5 - they remind me of life like anime's
    6 - I love anime
    7 - they use weapons
    8 - one of them actually came onto the forum willing to talk kung fu with us (rude comments notwithstanding)
    9 - probably the hottest, and most interesting demo team I have seen (there are a couple of chicks in the troupe that are HOT, at least from what I saw in the last show - I didn't see them in the video tho)
    10 - I heard one of the girls trained with the Navy Seals!
    11 - Need I say more?

Granted, there is definite room for improvement in the martial arts aspect of the show - chinadoll said that SEVERAL times. But just the fact that they are out there and displaying martial arts, and they are female is a cool thing. Aren't you tired of seeing half naked guys chop bricks and wood?

Quote Originally Posted by firepalm View Post
    Give it up, mate! No one can answer cause all it really is, is women who kick ass! (Fetish market).

Cheers!
    I hear you but I'm putting this question out there. We'll see if anybody bites. Oh well, we're not alone. Maybe more will speak up on this thread.
    The thing is that I see a lot of bad things going on in the martial arts world. Mcdojos and all manner of unqualified teachers is one of the major problems out there but there are other things that I can see no good of coming. Often we insulate ourselves from other martial artists, "what does that lousy no-touch knockout 'chi' demo done by a 'shadowy death ninja soke' have to do with me? He isn't claiming he's doing CMA. He's saying he does JMA. I do CMA not JMA." Some take it a step further, "What does the 'chi blast' demo done by a 'barfing ape dragon mountain sijo' have to do with me? He's not claiming he's doing Wing Chun so what do I care." The truth is that bad MA reflects on all MA. The more crap, the more we look bad. You can insulate yourself and just do your thing without worrying about it. However, the crap lowers the quality pool in MA. For most people, ending up in a good school is chance. Most don't do the proper research before learning from a teacher. So the higher percentage of crap out there, the worse the chances get. So speaking up against the crap is a public service in a way. Although this is a show and not a school, it seems to me that it is exploiting martial arts to showcase scantily clad women who "kick ass". Why should people in the martial arts world hide what they feel about this? If good martial artists aren’t honest about this kind of thing then what does that say? How will that effect where we go? Just some food for thought.
    Last edited by The Xia; 01-26-2007 at 01:00 AM.

Sorry I couldn't resist....

I kept telling myself don't make any comment but I just couldn't resist....

Shaolin Sky said
    most interesting demo team I have seen
    If that is the most interesting demo you have ever seen you really gotta get out more!

A bite!

Quote Originally Posted by shaolinsky View Post
    1 - they are real
    2 - they are girls
    3 - they do martial arts
    4 - they wear cool costumes
    5 - they remind me of life like anime's
    6 - I love anime
    7 - they use weapons
    8 - one of them actually came onto the forum willing to talk kung fu with us (rude comments notwithstanding)
    9 - probably the hottest, and most interesting demo team I have seen (there are a couple of chicks in the troupe that are HOT, at least from what I saw in the last show - I didn't see them in the video tho)
    10 - I heard one of the girls trained with the Navy Seals!
    11 - Need I say more?
    So excluding 8, would it be safe to say that your reasons for liking it can be summed up in the phrase “They are women who kick ass”?

Xia

To your post 3 back AMEN! Very well put! Bravo! Unfortunately it will go over the heads of most here!

worried about the martial arts world???

Xia - you seem to be so concerned about what other people are doing in the martial arts world because you think it makes YOU look bad? Get over yourself dude. Everyone takes a different path in martial arts. There are so many different arts taught by so many different people. I was always taught there was no need to compete against other people and worry so much about others. You should worry about yourself and just strive to make YOURSELF better. There is all kinds of things that will disagree with you in life. Just because you think something is wrong or doesn't settle with you well, your gonna make it a cause to convince everyone around you that what those peope are doing is abominable and needs to be shut down? How about worrying about a cause that is actually worth your time, like stopping genocide or something.

Go watch Fearless, and listen to the conversation about the tea. There are many different kinds of tea, and some teas are not for everyone.

Shaolinsky, Thanks for the positive post. Tell us your martial arts back ground since Firepalm keeps telling people they need to get out more.

Firepalm, your authoring a book with how much you write on this forum. If I were you, I'd stop telling people to get out more.