Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
Because they are fighting, not dancing.

Lee could dance like that because he wasn't really fighting, he was acting in movies.

Ali could dance that way because he didn't have to worry about being taken down.

Multiple punches per second is like dancing when it comes to actually fighting... not a whole lot of transfer to real fighting situations.

Frankly.. and with due respect to all.. I was expecting some more constructive response.. and the focus is now shifting..

However, I am adding some more of my views here..

Martial art is an art and not just a fighting tool.. those who does not agree probably do not practice martial art but some fighting methods only..

Dancing is not just dancing like a dance or to show off its a tool to implement a plan.. to change stances like on and off moving in and out taking control distracting focus of opponent.. its stepping at a faster pace with balance.. those who can dance will always dance in real fightings too.. it increases speed, control, power, all that one need in real fighting.. but for only those who can dance.. so to perform better than what one can do one have to dance..

About multiple punching.. in my opinion what is referred to in the above quote is just throwing hands and not punches.. multiple punches at speed with control and power and on target is something that not too many people can do.. while watching any real fighting one will find this to be the most devastating and a major reason for winning.. and if one can not punch without fighting how can one expect to punch in actual fighting?

So.. dance and see the difference.. enjoy the discovery..