Thread: Houston Sifu

Houston Sifu

Thought I would share. I posted this in the shaolin section two days ago, anyway,

Five Element Kung-Fu/Wu-Su on San Jacinto near downtown. This is Bomani Magharibi's school in which he teaches PA KUA CHANG, CHEN TAI CHI CHUAN, and HSIN-I CHUAN although it would seem that Long Fist was the biggest class group.

www.myspace.com/mwalimub

After seeing the videos, I need to make the time and effort to start back maybe in June.

Ironic though, that I just found out that Charles Graham resently started a school about five blocks away that will also teaching Long Fist.
    His site is:

www.shaolinhouston.com

Both studied under Madame Wang Jurong.

Check both of their videos out.

Man, no replies at all? I guess no one was impressed. Well, both are very talented and accomplished. I hope to start class again this summer. Hope I did not bore anyone with this. I'll just keep things to myself from now on.

Thanks,

SB

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    relax dude, better than getting flamed
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Bomani is Awesome

And anyone associated with Jeff Bolt's crowd is a class act. It's funny, Bomani is such an old school warrior I'm shocked he has a MySpace page now. Cool videos, though.

If you think you want to shop around this summer, stop by our Wing Chun school out on the west side if you're nearby. We're the local branch of the Hung Fa Yi school http://www.hungfakwoon.com.

William Dylan Powell

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    there ya go, fellas...networking.

a Pong Lai bro of mine moved from Tampa to Houston for school...don't know if he took up training w/ anyone though.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

where on the west side is your wing chun school, houstonwriter?

also, anyone know about the kung fu/tai chi school on US-90 between s. post oak and i think texas pkwy? i randomly saw it as i was driving this week and was just curious about it. thinking i'll stop by and check it out if i can get around to it.

Hung Fa Kwoon

We're at Hwy 6 and Westheimer.

www.houston-martialarts.com

Thx.D

Quote Originally Posted by houstonwriter.c View Post
    We're at Hwy 6 and Westheimer.

www.houston-martialarts.com

Thx.D
    Cool, good stuff and LOL at the "what would you do" car jack photo. Unfortunately, the location is a tad too far me the drive on the regular (gas prices) but it would seem that you have some solid things going on there. Sorry about my pouty reply earlier. Just thought that somebody would say something.

Oso, it is better than getting flamed, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nards View Post
    where on the west side is your wing chun school, houstonwriter?

also, anyone know about the kung fu/tai chi school on US-90 between s. post oak and i think texas pkwy? i randomly saw it as i was driving this week and was just curious about it. thinking i'll stop by and check it out if i can get around to it.
    Thats kind of a long stretch. Is it closer to Post Oak or the Parkway?

Quote Originally Posted by SunBeam View Post
    Thats kind of a long stretch. Is it closer to Post Oak or the Parkway?
    I think it was roughly around US-90 and Fondren. Going east (or is it north?) on US-90 (ie. heading from Stafford toward Houston), it was on the right side.

I hardly am out that way so I'm really not that familiar with that part of town and could be a little off, but it was close to there. I think it was in some shopping center and I only saw it while passing so I didn't catch the name of the place. All I saw was a sign that said "Kung Fu/Tai Chi".

Anyway, I was just curious is anyone knew anything or had and info about that place.