Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Claims about MMA

Quote Originally Posted by Fu-Pow View Post
    Not only is it unrealistic but its boring to watch.
    Only boring for people who don't know what they're looking at.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by unkokusai View Post
    Nah, as far as entertainment its just boring. Its about as fun as watching golf. I'll take some one, two rock'em sock'em any day.

FP

Quote Originally Posted by Notintheface View Post
    yeah...grappling on the ground has no skill this guy is really clueless!
    That is not what he said . You guys a have a real problem with reading and comprehension . You ALWAYS take what people say, something contrary to what you believe, out of context to make it sould like you are right and they are wrong.

Rolling on the ground ( FOR ANY EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME) is impractical for street combat, to a certain degree it is useful in competition. It does get boring after awhile because most of the time they are not doing much or anything , and like he said it is more about strength and endurance and not so much about skill or technique.

And in most cases you find that these guys that go to the ground immediately do not have a stand up game . I understand that this ( ground grappling and submission) is part of it but in a lot of ways it is undignified and an admission of inferiority if you have to just go in , take someone down and wrestle with them.

Part of our evolution was to be standing up right. But this does not mean that we should forget where we have been

DO NOT TAKE THIS OUT OF CONTEXT

Most guys do not have the skill to cause someone to submit even in UFC.

And as you can see as of late many stand up strikers are beating ground grapplers before it even gets to that point. A problem that early UFC fighters had.

It is funny how many people still believe that grappling is better than striking, and that no matter how skilled the striker is he can not beat a grappler, because of this phenemenon.

I have always believed that you needed both striking and grappling skills standing up and on the ground. (YIN YANG PRINCIPLE)

If a guy can out endure over another and use his stength to cause another to submit then this is skill . But you do not see this very much in these particular situations . And many of these matches are like this.

I still have not had one of my questions answered, If the techniques that CMA revere are not" too deadly for competition," then why is it that the are listed in techniques that can not be used in MMA competitions??

As it appears there are people here that believe that CMA has a ground game , others that do not , and others that flip flop back and forth.

Some Schools teach it, others do not , some teach it from within the system, others go outside the system.

Lets just leave it at that.
    Last edited by tattooedmonk; 07-10-2007 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by unkokusai View Post
    Exactly what I am talking about. Quit doing this, ASSWIPE!! rolling around on the ground for extended periods of time is boring . It would not be if more things would happen at this stage of the fight ( most times there is not). In most cases not much is going on , well unless you like seeing almost naked men roll around on top of each other, getting all sweaty.
    Last edited by tattooedmonk; 07-10-2007 at 07:06 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    In most cases not much is going on , well unless you like seeing almost naked men roll around on top of each other, getting all sweaty.
    ROTFLMAO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    rolling around on the ground for extended periods of time is boring . It would not be if more things would happen at this stage of the fight ( most times there is not). In most cases not much is going on
    Groundfighting, being a game of positioning, if often a game of inches. If you knew what you were watching and knew anything about groundfighting you would know that important things are happening every second of the fight. Just like in war, territory and postion are constantly being battled for. Hand fighting, hip movement, leg work, angling, head positioning... every little movement has a reason and is extremely important in terms of who gets the advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    Groundfighting, being a game of positioning, if often a game of inches. If you knew what you were watching and knew anything about groundfighting you would know that important things are happening every second of the fight. Just like in war, territory and postion are constantly being battled for. Hand fighting, hip movement, leg work, angling, head positioning... every little movement has a reason and is extremely important in terms of who gets the advantage.
    Not what I am talking about .

Most times this is not the case. Most of the time you get two even matched guys rolling on the ground waiting for the other one to tire out . This is impractical for street defense which is what is being said here, DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW??

I understand how this works in the sport/ game !!! I understand EXACTLY where you are coming from .

You just fail to recognize where others are coming from!!

You have been so brain washed and are so consumed by what it is that you do that you forget what others are doing and going through.

You are taking what I SAID OUT OF CONTEXT.

QUIT ASSUMING THAT I DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW IT WORKS . IT IS ALL A GAME OF INCHES. WHETHER IT IS STANDING UP OR ON THE GROUND IF IT IS GRAPPLING OR STRIKING.

All of these same aspects are just as important standing up.

You take what I say out of context and of course it will sound like I do not know what I am talking about, DUH!!!!

let's take a poll, how many people find it f-in pathetic that it's 2007 and there are still people claiming they were kept from enterign the UFC bdcause they were "too deadly" and that the fights are fixed?

Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

You should have 10-20 seconds to tap your opponent out or the fighters should get reset back to their feet.

Not only is it unrealistic but its boring to watch.

Likewise, in the clinch you should have 3-4 seconds to get a throw or take your opponent to the ground.

Otherwise these matches just turn into tests of endurance and strength and not tests of skill.
    Hehe I like resizing text to get my point across. Well Tattoo, when reading someone's comment on any given subject you should always connect it to their overall argument, train of thought along with the underlying comments that is prominent through out their discourse.

If you take this line "You should have 10-20 seconds to tap your opponent out" it can be inferred that if someone can not be tapped in 20-30 seconds then their is no skill But to take this comment alone and use it to assume would be inappropriate.

Take this comment "n the clinch you should have 3-4 seconds to get a throw or take your opponent to the ground." a skilled grappler should be able to do this if they had any skill correct?

But combine the above quoted comments and add it to this one here "Otherwise these matches just turn into tests of endurance and strength and not tests of skill." and you get the full picture of Fu pow's ignorance and what he thinks of MMA all together.

First off lets flesh this out a bit:

You should have 10-20 seconds to tap your opponent out: If Fu pow or yourself understood anything about grappling or fighting in general I wouldn't have to explain this comment but I fear I need to *sigh*

This is like saying a good prize fighter should knock out his opponent in the first round of the fight. Everyone here understands that the objective of a fight is to end it as soon as possible but doing so takes time, strategy and understanding of the game. Saying a grappler should only 10-20 sec is ignorant grappling mechanics.
    Also this comment leaves a counter point argument option open if someone argues against Fu pow's point. Fu pow could retort " If he is a grappler of any skill he should be able to do it now problem"

Now this comment "n the clinch you should have 3-4 seconds to get a throw or take your opponent to the ground." falls under that above commentary about counter point options.

This is his cumulative point ,"Otherwise these matches just turn into tests of endurance and strength and not tests of skill." So as to gather from his argument above, if you clinch to much or grapple for to long the contest turns into an endurance and strength contest with no ability to test skill.

Mow to comment on the above: When you are a fighter, pro or otherwise, you understand that skill plays a good part in any upcoming bout and to assume otherwise would be ignorant. But a good fighter, or someone who knows about combat, also knows that your skill only truly tested once your endurance has been taxed and your strength is pushed to its limits. For Fu pow to make a comment about not testing skill but becoming a strength and endurance contest really portrays his ignorance about the martial arts or combat in general.
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    Now on to your ignorance....

Tattoie
    Rolling on the ground ( FOR ANY EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME) is impractical for street combat, to a certain degree it is useful in competition.
    Dude, have you ever been sucker punched, bum rushed, jumped or even been hit really hard in a pillow fight?

Do you think people square off in the street and fight? 9/10 you are gonna be knocked to the ground and will have to fight your way to your feet. 9/10 times you will be attacked by someone who see you as an easy mark. They either weigh more than you or have a weapon. If you get knocked silly during an attack and you go to the floor do you think they are going to stop hitting you ?

ok lets continue shall we.....

Tattoie
    most of the time they are not doing much or anything , and like he said it is more about strength and endurance and not so much about skill or technique.
    You know you kind of sound like the same people who commented on Ali's rope a dope action. Or boo and squeal when a smart prize fighter clinches and tires their opponent knowing that they have the superior stamina. This is called "Combat strategy" I know, I know, it is something you are not to familiar with but here I'll explain ti a little bit better. It is showing weakness when you are at your strongest or showing great strength when you are at your weakest. wait wait let me put it even easier for you... You remember that time Kurt angle got hit in the head with a chair and made believe he was hurt, when he really wasn't?

When a grappler goes to the ground they are constantly playing out a battle of move and counter move or just ****ing laying on a person to tire them out. All the dancing prizer fighters do around the ring is the same thing but if you understood grappling you would understand that.....

is part of it but in a lot of ways it is undignified and an admission of inferiority if you have to just go in take someone down and wrestle with them.
    A smart fighter understands to work towards their strengths and not their weakness. A really smart fighter works on both but still sticks with the bread an butter. BUt you say "undignified and an admission of inferiority " but the grappler wins... and this shows inferiority on who's part?
    Plus, undignified? You are a ****ing moron.... you are the same people who says' Oh, in a really fight your shouldn't kick someone in the nuts or slam his head on the ground" Get out of your make believe, Mr Roger's, Pajamas and understand this... Fighting is about wining and surviving plain and simple. If being undignified means winning a bout or walking away safe... then I'll take it any day hands
    down!

It is funny how many people still believe that grappling is better than striking and that no matter how skill the striker is he can not beat a grappler because of this phenemenon.
    See this is where you may be "READING TO MUCH INTO THINGS " people here have been saying the MMA "format" trained people are better prepared than BS trained kung fu people. If people thought grappling was superior to all then what would be the need to train in Thai boxing, Boxing, Judo or San Shou? People here are saying training training static Chin na, Forms, weapon sets, with non resistant partners, not using full contact at some point in time is not effective and full of ****.

Fu Pow has been trying to validate what he does as being effective and reall and offering something wholly unique that is represented in MMA combat format or that could be more effective than anything already presented. He has been brought to the task to prove and thus far has proved himself to be a boob.

part 2

If the techniques that CMA revere are not" too deadly for competition," then why is it that the are listed in techniques that can not be used in MMA competitions??
    These are the foul techniques. Do you think these other styles besides Kung fu train some of these "dirty techniques" so to speak?
    Butting with the head.
    2. Eye gouging of any kind. (No Skill needed to apply especially kung fu skill) (
    easier to do in the mount so its a grappling situation which give who the
    added benefit... the grappler who understands how to set up this ULTIMATE
    ATTACK ENDER)
    3. Biting. (No Skill needed to apply especially kung fu skill) (easier to do in the
    mount so its a grappling situation)
    4. Hair pulling. (No Skill needed to apply especially kung fu skill) (Clinch and
    Grappling situation)
    5. Fish hooking. (No Skill needed to apply especially kung fu skill) (easier to do in
    the mount so its a grappling situation)
    6. Groin attacks of any kind. (No Skill needed to apply especially kung fu skill)
    7. Putting a finger into any orifice or into any cut or laceration on an opponent. (No Skill needed to apply especially kung fu skill) (easier to do in the
    8. Small joint manipulation. (No Skill needed to apply especially kung fu skill) (lol
    I'll leave this blank so I can hear you argue about the ultimate wrist grab small
    joint manipulation)
    9. Striking to the spine or the back of the head. (No Skill needed to apply
    especially kung fu skill)
    10. Striking downward using the point of the elbow. (No Skill needed to apply
    especially kung fu skill) (easier to do in the mount so its a grappling situation
    but also a MT technique so clinch as well)
    11. Throat strikes of any kind, including, without limitation, grabbing the trachea.
    (No Skill needed to apply especially kung fu skill)
    12. Clawing, pinching or twisting the flesh. (No Skill needed to apply especially
    kung fu skill)
    13. Grabbing the clavicle. (No Skill needed to apply especially kung fu skill)
    14. Kicking the head of a grounded opponent. (No Skill needed to apply especially
    kung fu skill)
    15. Kneeing the head of a grounded opponent. (No Skill needed to apply
    16. Stomping a grounded opponent. (No Skill needed to apply especially kung fu
    skill)
    17. Kicking to the kidney with the heel. (No Skill needed to apply especially kung fu
    skill)
    18. Spiking an opponent to the canvas on his head or neck. (No Skill needed to
    apply especially kung fu skill)
    20. Holding the shorts or gloves of an opponent. (No Skill needed to apply
    21. Spitting at an opponent. ( Maybe a chi spiting technique may get you a win!)

Your question " If the techniques that CMA revere are not" too deadly for competition," then why is it that the are listed in techniques that can not be used in MMA competitions?"

The rules had to be changed in order to appease the masses that make the laws. If the rules did not change to suit the public delicate sensibilities then there would be no UFC and you would still be content to believe that what you know actually works

So please show me where CMA has trained in such devastating techniques that is represented by the list above.

As it appears there are people here that believe that CMA has a ground game , others that do not , and others that flip flop back and forth.
    Some Schools teach it others do not , some teach it from within the system others go outside the system

CMA doesn't have ground game point blank Ditang, ground fighting in forms is not a ground game.. it is all show

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    let's take a poll, how many people find it f-in pathetic that it's 2007 and there are still people claiming they were kept from enterign the UFC bdcause they were "too deadly" and that the fights are fixed?

This is not what is being said here. Can not answer the question can you ?? Then you would have to admit that you are wrong.

Why are these techniques ruled out of MMA competitions if they are not deadly or dangerous???

On the battlefield were not the deadliest techniques the most valuable, seeing as you were fighting for your life , country , and people??

If you knew anything about REAL martial arts ( you know the military arts), anatomy , physiology, etc you would know this to be true.

Calling it MMA is wrong it should be MFA ( mixed fighting arts) because most of it ( the actual fighting) can not be used in a Martial settting ( battlefield, war, etc )

And yes I understand that most of the people practicing MA are not doing it for this reason but that is not what I am talking about.

And if you think that dangerous/ deadly techniques and fixing fights are not factors in the equation then you are just stupid. If they ( dangerous/ deadly techniques) were not then they would be allowed and the business would die if fights were not set up.

*Sigh* I remember at one time that your were considered a Mc Dojo Ross by the Kung fu community I was involved in but I now realize that many of the Sifu's were talking out the side of their mouths about you. They are still doing the same **** they did back then while you have moved on and proved your stuff. Much kudos, and I am more than happy that you can prove and back up what you say while the rest are drinking their bitter tears

This is not what is being said here. Can not answer the question can you ?? Then you would have to admit that you are wrong.
    I answered your question or at least pointed you in the direction that kung fu is not a beautiful snowflake. Let's take it a step ****her, Kung fu even if armed with the fouls in their back pocket was not the reason to remove those foul techniques. A majority of those fouls are best applied in the grapple thus giving a trained grappler who deals with those things all the time an unfair advantage against a striker that got taken down So we took them out to make thing easier for kung fu people

Quote Originally Posted by Notintheface View Post
    These are the foul techniques. Do you think these other styles besides Kung fu train some of these "dirty techniques" so to speak?
    Butting with the head.
    2. Eye gouging of any kind. (No Skill needed to apply especially kung fu skill) (
    easier to do in the mount so its a grappling situation which give who the
    added benefit... the grappler who understands how to set up this ULTIMATE
    ATTACK ENDER)
    3. Biting. (No Skill needed to apply especially kung fu skill) (easier to do in the
    4. Hair pulling. (No Skill needed to apply especially kung fu skill) (Clinch and
    Grappling situation)
    5. Fish hooking. (No Skill needed to apply especially kung fu skill) (easier to do in
    the mount so its a grappling situation)
    6. Groin attacks of any kind. (No Skill needed to apply especially kung fu skill)
    7. Putting a finger into any orifice or into any cut or laceration on an opponent. (No Skill needed to apply especially kung fu skill) (easier to do in the
    8. Small joint manipulation. (No Skill needed to apply especially kung fu skill) (lol
    I'll leave this blank so I can hear you argue about the ultimate wrist grab small
    joint manipulation)
    9. Striking to the spine or the back of the head. (No Skill needed to apply
    10. Striking downward using the point of the elbow. (No Skill needed to apply
    especially kung fu skill) (easier to do in the mount so its a grappling situation
    but also a MT technique so clinch as well)
    11. Throat strikes of any kind, including, without limitation, grabbing the trachea.
    (No Skill needed to apply especially kung fu skill)
    12. Clawing, pinching or twisting the flesh. (No Skill needed to apply especially
    kung fu skill)
    13. Grabbing the clavicle. (No Skill needed to apply especially kung fu skill)
    14. Kicking the head of a grounded opponent. (No Skill needed to apply especially
    kung fu skill)
    15. Kneeing the head of a grounded opponent. (No Skill needed to apply
    16. Stomping a grounded opponent. (No Skill needed to apply especially kung fu
    skill)
    17. Kicking to the kidney with the heel. (No Skill needed to apply especially kung fu
    skill)
    18. Spiking an opponent to the canvas on his head or neck. (No Skill needed to
    apply especially kung fu skill)
    20. Holding the shorts or gloves of an opponent. (No Skill needed to apply
    21. Spitting at an opponent. ( Maybe a chi spiting technique may get you a win!)

Your question " If the techniques that CMA revere are not" too deadly for competition," then why is it that the are listed in techniques that can not be used in MMA competitions?"

The rules had to be changed in order to appease the masses that make the laws. If the rules did not change to suit the public delicate sensibilities then there would be no UFC and you would still be content to believe that what you know actually works

So please show me where CMA has trained in such devastating techniques that is represented by the list above.

CMA doesn't have ground game point blank Ditang, ground fighting in forms is not a ground game.. it is all show
    Last thing first, Ditang is a very valuable aspect of combat and at one time was used to great advantage , your dismissal of it shows how much you really know about it.

Of course forms in and unto themselves will do nothing for you but this is not what theyare for . I do not want to explain this part again.

As for these techniques yes it does take KUNG FU to be able to utilize them . Try grabbing the fingers and twisting them on an opponent in "alive training or striking someone in the back of the head or spine, or any other of these techniques .

These techniques in warfare, prior to the use of guns, were viable aspects of combat/ martial arts. There in the arts that we practice, they just are not taught anymore because the arts have been demilitatrized to make them marketable and safe for the masses.

If you do not see that these take just as much skill to use as any other technique you are not only clueless, but stupid too.

You know that saying "especially kung fu" shows your total disrespect for the arts that this forum is here for , douche bag.

I do not take it personal because I know that you are just a troll and an idiot.

On the battlefield were not the deadliest techniques the most valuable, seeing as you were fighting for your life , country , and people??

If you knew anything about REAL martial arts ( you know the military arts), anatomy , physiology, etc you would know this to be true.

Calling it MMA is wrong it should be MFA ( mixed fighting arts) because most of it ( the actual fighting) can not be used in a Martial settting ( battlefield, war, etc )

And yes I understand that most of the people practicing MA are not doing it for this reason but that is not what I am talking about.
    No I'm just gonna say that you are a ****ing noob In mass warfare hand arts are the least important of skills because weapon skill comes first. As combat has changed, the more H2HC is pushed even further into the background so that nullifies what you are saying.

Do you think eye pokes and fake elbow breaks is what they used on the battle field? Oh I forgot your kind believes in the death touch