Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: TCMA in MMA

And Ron, notice I showed VIDEO where these con artists failed. You keep just typing WORDS as your version of proof.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by brianK View Post
    Ron: I was maybe a bit aggressive in that last post. I had just put in an hour in san ti. You know how that is.
    Don't worry about it. Your last post did seem kind of off.

Still, you do come off a bit condescending when you talk about my hindrances or tell me I have to meditate. For all you know, I've been in the qigong/neigong/IMA game longer than you, and have studied TCM.
    If you mean by the 'oh, brianK' part, that wasn't condescension. That came out of sympathy and a desire to help. It came from the fact that you're concerned with people thinking IMA people are twinkies. For the most part, those that already think that will never be convinced otherwise. Nor should these people be catered to. I was concerned about the idea of being seen as a twinkie in general or in any specific case could lead to a tiny miscalculation somewhere down the road for you. That's all. I've spent years working on hinderences and in several respects, I had concerns before about people seeing me as a twinkie, whether online or in real life. I'm always finding hinderences burried further and further within myself. Each new layer I take off shows something new and I've been working on perfecting these hinderences for many decades.

Quote Originally Posted by RonH View Post
    I was concerned about the idea of being seen as a twinkie..
    Don't worry. You do indeed come off as a twinkie.

I've spent years working on avoiding being tested in several respects,..
    Fixed that for ya.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Brian hit it on the head. You are a THEORY guy, you have no PRACTICE. You really are smug for someone who has never teasted if his stuff really works.
    Given that you use as a standard of proof that there aren't a lot of IMA people in sports fighting, whatever standard you're using here is not surprising that it doesn't stand up to logic.

Let's look at the fat guy 'Stun Gun' video. The EMTs said the STUDENTS and the INSTRUCTORS eyes dilated, heart rate went up, and the skin got clammy. But the bottom line is that if the 100lb female reporter or any of the BJJ guys had attacked him, he would have been at their mercy. PERIOD. It only worked on the believers, NOT ANYONE ELSE.
    The ridiculousness of your suggestion that the reporter would have overpowered him is beyond words.

I have also stated if there is a Dillman seminar in Austin I fully plan to call him a fraud publicly and challenge him or any follower to KO me with Chi. If I am told to leave the building, I will park one of my cars outside with a sign saying I will sign over the title to it to ANYONE who can KO me with Chi. I put my money where my mouth is.
    This is one example of how meditation is very good for you by deconstructing these ego drives of yours.

Ron, I live in Austin, Texas. If you live near enough you can try to show me Chi.
    I don't live anywhere near you.

Prove it, and I will defend you on EVERY board you post on as a man who PROVED that your stuff works too.
    While your offer is nice, it is unrequired because my ego doesn't need it. Also, even if I had convinced you, no amount of trying to make believers out of the peanut gallery that keep thinking that shouting horrid english at me is acceptable behavior is gonna be convinced on an internet board. It'd be futile of you to try. And it isn't on me to convince every Doubting Thomas I come across. Nor should it be for you either, even if I did convince you.

BTW, this is not a challenge to fight, I just want to see in person this Chi(or its effects) you speak of.
    I have spoken of how one can feel qi for themselves when I said meditation and quieting your conscious thoughts to hear the subconscious ones. When that is achieved, truly search out for the energy and you will find it. Remember that energy follows mind. Doubting you will find it makes it harder for you because your mind will have pushed the capacity to detect it 'further away' from you. You don't need me or anyone else to try to knock you out to show you that it exists.

Don't worry. You do indeed come off as a twinkie.

Fixed that for ya.
    That's it. You have let yourself stray and have turned to flat out mockery and even quoting what I said and rewritting it for further mockery, as several others have done. And you have assumed that this is acceptable behavior.

I will no longer be replying to your posts.

I will no longer be replying to your posts.

Yes you will. Lunatics like you can't help but spew an endless stream of nonsense and pontificate as if anyone in the world but the multiple personalities battling it out inside your pin head buys your crap. Like the crazy person on the public bus, you will talk to anyone who will listen because that's really what you are desperate for.

Reply if you will, up to you. As of now I'm still trying to figure out if you are a con artist yourself(like Dillman) or a truly deluded follower(like the fat Stun Gun guys students).

I have not stated yet what proof I will accept. And a fight is not even proof either. Seeing a no-touch KO on a sceptic would suffice, as would you(or any others) winning the Randi challenge.

The reporter may not have been able to take him, but I GUARANTEE any of the BJJ guys would have. He did hit her and not KO her though

It's not ego that makes me despise people like Dillman, it's an abject hatred of con-men of any type. Notice I did not say I wanted to kick his ass, I just wanted to prove his 'no-touch KO' bs is a sham. I will say if he hits me, we will see an asskicking, my money is on me winning though

I knew you never would want to test yourself, I was just unsure of your excuses for declining any test. Now I see you have plenty of money and no ego. You got the major excuses covered.

I would love an answer to this, so I'll bet you don't answer it: I'm curious, how can guys like Dillman KO these guys with a mighty Chi blast, but not have any effect on the 'catcher' directly behind the 'target'?

Oh, Oh! I almost forgot!

Ron, do you really believe that putting your tongue on the roof of your mouth or putting one big toe up and the other one down will nullify the Chi?

cjurakpt Guest
    A sample of my knowledge base is within each and every post I've made on this board. Some is uberobvious, some isn't, but it is there.
    right, specifically the answers to the questions that would back up this claim:

You can be a genius and know taijiquan. I have a wealth of knowledge and experience when it comes to taijiquan and related fields. So what? Someone has to. Not everyone must be stuck in an eternal 'I only this tiny bit of it' state where their knowledge and experience is confined to a small series of topics.
    http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...5&postcount=42

the overly simplistic and very limited perspect of cjurakpt.
    it must kinda stick in yer craw a bit then, that with my "overly simplistic and very limited perspect" (translation: not agreeing with your point of view) I can somehow come up the sorts of questions that without a rather expansive and integrated perspective one just could not ask, let alone answer...it's funny how you have chosen to completely define me and my range of experience based on a few posts on several threads, and then stick to this judgement when further evidence comes to light that maybe I was engagin you with only one aspect of my totality...

Look at what it did for cjurakpt. He's right that I don't reply to his questions anymore. It's because of how he's acted recently. I would have been happy to discuss the list of "points" he brought up before all this happened. You don't get to derail a conversation I'm having and continuously complain and moan and mock what I say and then, say you want me to answer your questions because of something I said to someone else. Not with me. He's only got himself to blame for shooting himself in the foot with his juvenile behavior.
    see, this is where your own limited ego-construct really comes through - you couch your comments in terms of "he said something I didn't like and so now he gets what he deserves by my not answering him"; don't you get it? I personally am not the less for you answering or not answering them one way or the other; but you try to set it up as if I "want" you to answer the questions as if it were for my sake, and that by you not answering them I am being slapped on the proverbial wrist; gimmie a break - talk about lame and boring, your MO is getting as tiresome as Takeshi's riff;

to be clear, as I said before on other topics, I personally don't care if you can or can't answer the questions, because I know the answers to them; in fact, if you take a step back and depersonalize it, all I am really doing is giving you the opportunity to substantiate your claim (who you said it to is irrelevant - you said it, but have furnished no proof to support it, plain and simple); and I'll tell you what, just in the spirit of fair play - if you do answer even just one of them, right or wrong, I will go and delete every post that I made that you find objectionable and beyond resolving the issue on this thread I will no longer post to you directly or comment about posts you make in the future - that's just for answering even one question; and if you answer even just one correctly, I will publically apologize for having doubted the veracity of your claims - take it or leave it, your choice;
    Last edited by cjurakpt; 08-29-2007 at 06:58 PM.

LOL @ Chris and the rest of you guys arguing with Ron...

You know those street people you see babbling to themselves?

You do know they can walk into just about any public library and log on to the computers there, right?

You do realize that is what you are dealing with here, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    You know those street people you see babbling to themselves?

Whoa! Are you saying they are Chi masters too? Can they KO me without touching me too?

cjurakpt Guest
    Whoa! Are you saying they are Chi masters too? Can they KO me without touching me too?
    maybe with their breath?

Quote Originally Posted by cjurakpt View Post
    maybe with their breath?
    Well you see the protons on their breath would react with the neutrons in your lungs. This would create a quantum effect on your Chi. Due to the harmonal imbalance you could indeed be rendered unconscious.

Quote Originally Posted by YiLiQuan1 View Post
    Unfortunately, I'd have to agree.

MMA - simpler skill set; experience using skill set in competitive, resistant environment; effectiveness of techniques based on actual use, not belief.

Typical CMA - complex skill set; experience using skill set against other students of same style only, infrequently against resisting opponent; effectiveness of technique based primarily on belief, not actual use.

Sad, but true.

Thats what you think of CMA because in US there's a lot of undertrained individuals who claims as master.

From your post i can say you havent seen a real kungfu.

Quote Originally Posted by jet64 View Post
    Thats what you think of CMA because in US there's a lot of undertrained individuals who claims as master.
    I've been to a good many schools in more countries than most (less than others), and what I've seen is that the US isn't alone in having some underqualified instructors passing off their hokey half-assed chop-sockey as the real deal.

From your post i can say you havent seen a real kungfu.
    This is something I really hate... You're trying to judge what I do and don't know based on a single post. Answer me this - how long have I trained? In what countries? In what systems/styles? Under whom? If you can't answer any of those questions, don't presume to state what you think I have and haven't seen...

I have seen some skilled practitioners... There was a particular Chen stylist, quite a skilled performer, acclaimed as one of the best players in Japan. However, he had absolutely no fighting skill whatsoever.

I've seen "real kung fu," but I've seen very few people capable of applying it against anything more resistant than the air... There is a difference.
    Matt Stone