Page 251 of 276 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,765 of 4131

Thread: An Epic of Internet-challenge Stupidity

I am not a grappler, yet, but i have a question for those of you that are.

now this is coming from the standpoint the person on the bottom is a grappler.

when the fighters were moved, with rudy on bottom, before they were moved, rudy had his legs wrapped around anthony's trunk.

after they were moved rudy's right leg was then pinned by anthony's left.

does that make a difference, technically, as to what a good grappler COULD have done, assuming it was a good grappler who would be able to take advantage of the positioning.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    Was that a slip or did you feel you were in trouble there?
    I'd have to look at the video again, but I was rocked earlier, and kept going for the double leg, I think Rudy pushed me off balance and I fell backwards.

I was in trouble from the 2nd stuff of the shoot till I got Rudy on his back, where my GnP took over.

My neck hurts bad, from Rudy's punches, feels kinda like whiplash.

Specialed you do have a point there. Anthony looked like he might have been in trouble there.

Why was the fight stopped and restarted at that point?

thanks for the new sig knifefighter!
    in a no rules situation, that would have been the end. this is not a real fight. its a highly regulated sparring session. and please, please, please do not tell me that you "Mr. Fight Expert" think that either of these guys are anything other than poor fighters.

anthony, sorry, no video for you. get your butt back in training. learn how to take down properly. learn how to fight in the clinch and not rely on your bullshido rush. oh, and try not to let your highly regulated sparring session against and inexperinced loudmouth chump lull you into false confidence: without those rules, you'd have been thumped real hard. drama queen. larper.
    Originally Posted by Knifefighter
    Really? That's real Kung Fu?
    If so, I take back every negative thing I ever said.

Specialed you do have a point there.

Also, do you guys work setting up your takedowns with strikes or do you separate the striking and the grappling work?

Also, do you guys work setting up your takedowns with strikes or do you separate the striking and the grappling work?

exactly. a very good question.

I should have put both together. I got hit hard, and fell back to my training first, which is grappling.

There's a great quote...

"In a fight, we never rise to our expectations, but rather fall back to our training".

It happened.

Quote Originally Posted by specialed View Post
    thanks for the new sig knifefighter!
    in a no rules situation, that would have been the end. this is not a real fight. its a highly regulated sparring session. and please, please, please do not tell me that you "Mr. Fight Expert" think that either of these guys are anything other than poor fighters.

anthony, sorry, no video for you. get your butt back in training. learn how to take down properly. learn how to fight in the clinch and not rely on your bullshido rush. oh, and try not to let your highly regulated sparring session against and inexperinced loudmouth chump lull you into false confidence: without those rules, you'd have been thumped real hard. drama queen. larper.
    So, no video, no history of fighting, but yet you can judge?

You lost all crediablity.

Kindly STFU.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony_ATT View Post
    So, no video, no history of fighting, but yet you can judge?

You lost all crediablity.

Kindly STFU.
    i have plenty of both. however, i won't allow you to cheapen what i've accomplished. drama queen larper crappler bullshido rush rules dependant

i have plenty of both. however, i won't allow you to cheapen what i've accomplished. drama queen larper crappler bullshido rush rules dependant
    Your nick suits you perfectly.

Are you looking for your own thousand page thread?

I might have to give Rudy some props for not being Springerized.

Reply]
    I was talking to Rudy quite a bit in the weeks leading up to this, and one of, if not his biggest concern, was keeping this honorable and not letting it slip into the springer gutter. That is why he worked so hard to get a venue with a ring.

He really had some hurdles, set backs and problems to constantly over come to get this event to actually happen (like having great difficulty getting the gym owner to communicate with him, and getting the waiver issue settled). The whole time he was working as hard as he could to get this thing going, and done right.

In the mean time, he had to deal with idiots constantly yapping like a broken record accusing him of setting it up to duck the fight, blatantly attacking him, and twisting his every attempt to keep this form falling through into some sort of attempt to duck the fight...when he was in reality dong everything in his power to make this happen.

To be honest, One specific individual here owes Rudy a major apology and some sort of atonement for his immature, and relentless childish behavior.

He didn't do a bad job of punishing Anthony and keeping him off when Anthony worked for the takedowns.

Reply]
    Rudy trained really hard for this fight. Prior to this, he had all those issues with his knees, so all things considered, I think he did a good job as well.

I have to say Also that Anthony looked much better than his last fight as well. He looks thinner, stronger, and I see an improvement in his footwork and mobility too.

at 0:50 anthony would have been toast if there were no rules. (who's larping?).
    LOL. If the first eight shots didn't finish him, what makes you think any hypothetical shots delivered there would have?
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

I thought they were fighting under really minimal rules anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    I am not a grappler, yet, but i have a question for those of you that are.

now this is coming from the standpoint the person on the bottom is a grappler.

when the fighters were moved, with rudy on bottom, before they were moved, rudy had his legs wrapped around anthony's trunk.

after they were moved rudy's right leg was then pinned by anthony's left.

does that make a difference, technically, as to what a good grappler COULD have done, assuming it was a good grappler who would be able to take advantage of the positioning.
    ahem.....im still kinda curious what some of you think.

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    I thought they were fighting under really minimal rules anyway?
    The rules were "no eyes, no groin, and respect the tap"

The fight was restarted twice to keep the fighters from falling out of the ring; once when Rudy was on top, the other time when he was on bottom.

The first time, Anthony was already getting to his feet as the action was stopped, so it's questionable if it had any effect on the fight at all.

In any case, specialed is a retard.
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

I'm glad rudy actually showed up. I've long been of the opinion that it's a lot harder to build up all this drama when you actually show up and spar/train with somebody - that's half the point of bullshido throwdowns.

To all the haters on both sides that are going to come out of the woodwork now and talk about how anthony needs to learn the greco clinch and a nice uchi-mata and how if Rudy made a james bond movie it would be called The Sprawl is Not Enough, and what if they fought in a dyson sphere and if Rudy was a real monkey he could have chewed his way out of mount and what if what if what if coulda shoulda woulda, all I have to say to you is this:

“Bullfight critics ranked in rows
    Crowd the enormous Plaza full
    But only one is there who knows
    And he's the man who fights the bull.”
    Last edited by johnnycache; 10-01-2007 at 08:58 PM.