Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: conversation on Bak Hsing pt 2

Quote Originally Posted by nospam View Post
    Hey! I thought I heard my name

Sup WinterPalm? I'll tag for that bowl of wonton...

Loved the post Satori. You can see and feel the power of the tsap choy. But then again...look who it is

nospam
    Cheers Bro
    Needless to say, Sifu is THE MAN

Trev is comin in to town on Saturday for some dim sum @ sifu's and hopefully some fun & games

Glad you liked he post, I've been in Henry's face like full time with the camera lately, so needless to say there is more coming. I've got a 4 day weekend coming Nov 10-13, if I can muster da cash I'll be out to see you. Are you and your son headed out to the tournament in the peg still? Josh and his crew are going to be there, he's been raggin on me to come and hang out but there is too much going on here right now.
    Last edited by Satori Science; 10-19-2007 at 06:02 AM.
    Robert James
    5th Gen. Bak Hsing Kwoon
    bakhsingkwoon@gmail.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SatoriScience
    "Whip the pole like the dragon whips its tail. Punches are like a tiger sticking out its head!"

Hey! I thought I heard my name

Sup WinterPalm? I'll tag for that bowl of wonton...

Loved the post Satori. You can see and feel the power of the tsap choy. But then again...look who it is

nospam
    Hey nospam, cool to see others from the peg.

I'm more a fan of the hot and sour soup ala one of our many incredible Vietnamese restaurants.

Wonton is good too...
    A unique snowflake

Quote Originally Posted by Satori Science View Post
    Cheers Bro
    Needless to say, Sifu is THE MAN

Trev is comin in to town on Saturday for some dim sum @ sifu's and hopefully some fun & games

Glad you liked he post, I've been in Henry's face like full time with the camera lately, so needless to say there is more coming. I've got a 4 day weekend coming Nov 10-13, if I can muster da cash I'll be out to see you. Are you and your son headed out to the tournament in the peg still? Josh and his crew are going to be there, he's been raggin on me to come and hang out but there is too much going on here right now.
    Man, I don't even hear of these tournaments...all I ever see is the Colosseum and the Night in Bankok (I cannot spell this word for the life of me!).
    A unique snowflake

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPalm View Post
    Man, I don't even hear of these tournaments...all I ever see is the Colosseum and the Night in Bankok (I cannot spell this word for the life of me!).
    Here's the link,

http://www.baesmartialarts.com/tournaments.htm
    Robert James
    5th Gen. Bak Hsing Kwoon
    bakhsingkwoon@gmail.com
    "Whip the pole like the dragon whips its tail. Punches are like a tiger sticking out its head!"

Oh...that one. Someone already pointed that out to me. He also said that someone in the city puts together a tournament that has full contact in it but they don't do much advertising.
    A unique snowflake

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPalm View Post
    Oh...that one. Someone already pointed that out to me. He also said that someone in the city puts together a tournament that has full contact in it but they don't do much advertising.
    Let me know about that one if you hear anything more, I'll get Josh to dig around too.
    Robert James
    5th Gen. Bak Hsing Kwoon
    bakhsingkwoon@gmail.com

The guy I spoke with told me it was through Sikaran (sp?) and held at the Philipino (sp?) center (sp?...j/k!).
    He said they had san shou and modified rules with small gloves. That school doesn't have a website and the guy's work has kept him from coming to class for about a month now.
    Actually, he might have an account on here...I'll see if I can get ahold of him.
    A unique snowflake

http://www.guardiandojo.com/Default.aspx

The GUARDIAN CHALLENGE TOURNAMENT, a bare knuckle full contact event in Winnipeg - June 2/07. This open event welcomes all styles.

&

Sikaran International Association - Annual Sikaran Open Tournament was held June 9/2007. No website found though.

nospam

Cheers bro, Trev was in today we did some black bean and spring rolls and he dropped some science, and a history lesson ot two.

God dam I've got all the CLF I could ever need out here. I suppose there has to be some perks to living on the tundra

One.
    Robert James
    5th Gen. Bak Hsing Kwoon
    bakhsingkwoon@gmail.com

Hey hey hey! Say HELLO to Doc for me. Tell him next time I see him: Thai Boxing!

He too busy snapping stuff or is he interested in sweating a little?

nospam

Hey hey hey! Say HELLO to Doc for me. Tell him next time I see him: Thai Boxing!

He too busy snapping stuff or is he interested in sweating a little?

nospam
    Funny he told me to ask you about the ancient art of Thai Boxing...

We kept it to civilized conversation and black bean beef this time as he has already done his cross fit workout that day. But he's back in Nov and we've got palns to work on sup jee, dude has great stories though. No jokes about that, he still talks to Sisook on the regular.

Oh yeah, almost forgot I booked my plane ticket last night for Da Peg, I get in early Sat Nov 10 and I'll be there till late on Monday,

One.
    Last edited by Satori Science; 10-23-2007 at 02:11 PM.
    Robert James
    5th Gen. Bak Hsing Kwoon
    bakhsingkwoon@gmail.com

Hey good news, bro. Be good to see you again as usual. I'll show you Gei Bun Kuen. You have an itinerary yet? I hold class Sunday's from 1-4.

Only believe have of Doc's stories - between you and me...one too many head blocks before he got good

nospam

Buck Sing/Bak Hsing in Calgary

Hi There,

I'm new to this forum and stumbled upon it looking for a good martial arts club here in Calgary. I'm interested in taking up buck sing/bak hsing CLF and noticed that there are a few buck sing/bak hsing clubs in western Canada. I also noticed that Sifu Dave Lacey (website) comes up to visit one of the elders (Lun Chee), that's why I'm asking. Does he/did he ever have a club in town? Any others?

Would appreciate any feedback! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sung29 View Post
    Hi There,

I'm new to this forum and stumbled upon it looking for a good martial arts club here in Calgary. I'm interested in taking up buck sing/bak hsing CLF and noticed that there are a few buck sing/bak hsing clubs in western Canada. I also noticed that Sifu Dave Lacey (website) comes up to visit one of the elders (Lun Chee), that's why I'm asking. Does he/did he ever have a club in town? Any others?

Would appreciate any feedback! Thanks.
    Grand Elder Lun Chee does reside in Calgary, however to my knowledge there is no kwoon in Calgary, a few practioners I know of perhaps but no kwoon. My Sifu told me that there should be a disiciple of Lun Chee's who was teaching there at one time but my Sihing Curtis lived there for ten years and never suceeded in locating anyone like that,
    Robert James
    5th Gen. Bak Hsing Kwoon
    bakhsingkwoon@gmail.com