Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ATTN jmd161 (Hak Fu Mun in Hung Gar)

Quote Originally Posted by jmd161 View Post
    Well, the black tiger is also the concept since it's smaller than let's say a bengal tiger, it relies on speed, but is still very powerful. Plus being black it relies on stealth also. Black Tiger is very sneaky and relies on it's speed and power mixture to overwhelm the opponent.
    Ummm Jeff (off topic, granted )... the black tiger is not a different species of tiger, it is just a tiger with a pigmentation mutation (even Bengal tigers can be black). Just in the same way that a black panther is merely an ordinary leopard carrying the black pigmentation gene. They are not separate species.
    It is a bit like how a Labrador can have either black or yellow pups (or a mix of both), depending on genetics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_tiger_(animal)

... ok normal service is resumed...

Quote Originally Posted by Fu-Pau View Post
    Ummm Jeff (off topic, granted )... the black tiger is not a different species of tiger, it is just a tiger with a pigmentation mutation (even Bengal tigers can be black). Just in the same way that a black panther is merely an ordinary leopard carrying the black pigmentation gene. They are not separate species.
    It is a bit like how a Labrador can have either black or yellow pups (or a mix of both), depending on genetics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_tiger_(animal)

... ok normal service is resumed...

This is true!

Black Tigers are refered to as Melanistic Tigers. I'm going by what I was told that Black Tigers are typically smaller than the bengal tigers, so maybe there is a breed of tiger that carries the gene more than others?

jeff
    少林黑虎門
    Sil Lum Hak Fu Mun
    RIP Kuen "Fred" Woo (sifu)

I think actual tigers have little to do with the meat and potatoes of kungfu practice of the same name.
    Kung Fu is good for you.