Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Tiger Schulman's Horror Stories

Quote Originally Posted by 冠木侍 View Post
    Did he use his own knife?

Anyways, self-defense all the way. I hope that they don't waste tax dollars by trying to put this guy in prison.

To even attempt to convict the transit worker of a crime would be a travesty. I believe that he was fighting to save his own life.
    Yes he was. He had his own knife and the fools tried to take his life/money from him. Innocent bystandard killed trying to help out the ma/transit worker? Bull****. If you saw a fight, I highly doubt that you would help. Not in today's society. That guy was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Quote Originally Posted by SayocBlade View Post
    Yes he was. He had his own knife and the fools tried to take his life/money from him. Innocent bystandard killed trying to help out the ma/transit worker? Bull****. If you saw a fight, I highly doubt that you would help. Not in today's society. That guy was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    Thank you for supplying the link to the video.

So that's the angle they are trying to play? Their are trying to make the dead guy out to be a good samaritan? Absurd.

Well, if we saw something like that, it might be a different story. It would be difficult to watch an injustice occur. When push comes to shove...who knows what we will do. But in any case, the transit worker was well-prepared for this scenario. His training video was intense, to say the least.

Today's society...hit someone with a two ton machine and then drive away like it never happened.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

"Jiu mo gwai gwaai faai dei zau" (妖魔鬼怪快哋走) -- The venerable Uncle Chan

"A fool with a sword is more dangerous than any weapon..."

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

Awesome!

Check it out. This guy is awesome. Although he was stabbed 9 times and had his OWN knife he took 3 guys out..killing one and wounding 2 others.. The other took off. What they didn't say was that the martial artist (transit worker) had a knife.

http://www.myfoxny.com/myfox/pages/H...d=1.1.1&sflg=1

watch the news story.....
    I didn't see any knives in the MA's hands while training for his 3rd degree. But he looks awesome, and if this goes the way the cops call it-self defense, then I applaud him. Even if he gets charged with anything, I still applaud him. It would be great for all of us if it goes the MA's way, don't u think?

Ideally

Quote Originally Posted by KenpoTkdAckTSK View Post
    I didn't see any knives in the MA's hands while training for his 3rd degree. But he looks awesome, and if this goes the way the cops call it-self defense, then I applaud him. Even if he gets charged with anything, I still applaud him. It would be great for all of us if it goes the MA's way, don't u think?
    In a perfect world that would be the case. I honestly wouldn't be able to say how things are going to turn out. People have a way of obscuring the real issues nowadays. We can only wish this dude luck.

BTW...Non stop breakfalls...hurt me just looking at it. It was only a portion of the test used for the news story. I'm sure there were weapons during the test. I wonder if that test video is posted on youtube....?
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

I went to an Atienza Kali knife seminar and found out that one of the people in the group actually knows this guy first hand!! Here's the real truth:

1. The transit worker was stabbed 4 times.
    2. the transit worker had very very limited knowledge of knife work, just a bit, but I think that saved his life.
    3. The so called 'innocent' thug, well, in the heat of the moment, he just went at anyone that was on top of him. He was in SURVIVAL mode to get these attackers off of him, defend himself, kill them and get out If there were other people that jumped in, they would have been dead also.

There was no knife training in his black belt test, his 3rd degree actually. He probably learned some drills or defensive moves..which was with him when this happened. He won't get charged for the killing unless Al Sharpton makes a stink

Transit worker NY

I went to an Atienza Kali knife seminar and found out that one of the people in the group actually knows this guy first hand!! Here's the real truth:

1. The transit worker was stabbed 4 times.
    2. the transit worker had very very limited knowledge of knife work, just a bit, but I think that saved his life.
    3. The so called 'innocent' thug, well, in the heat of the moment, he just went at anyone that was on top of him. He was in SURVIVAL mode to get these attackers off of him, defend himself, kill them and get out If there were other people that jumped in, they would have been dead also.

There was no knife training in his black belt test, his 3rd degree actually. He probably learned some drills or defensive moves..which was with him when this happened. He won't get charged for the killing unless Al Sharpton makes a stink
    What a small world we live in! Yo, what are the odds?!

It is nice to know a little more detail about what had happened.

The third statement has me a little confused. I'm not sure who you are referring to...it sounds like the transit worker but you refer to him as ""so-called 'innocent' thug?" I'm sorry but that threw me off.

Mr. Sharpton is very infamous in the way of influencing policy and seems to garner support for whatever cause he happens to fighting for.

*He has done great things and I tried not to come across very negative. But it was in response to your last posted statement.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

Question

We've been in dialog for some time now and you seem like good people who have trained extensively.

My question is;

For those of you who train in more than one style of combat or martial art, how were you able to find the yin and yang in regards to time, financial and family responsibilities, school and work? Of course, discuss the parts that only apply to your situation as I threw in a lot of plausible and real variables. If I inadvertently left any out, feel free to add anything from your own experiences.

Your input is appreciated.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

What a small world we live in! Yo, what are the odds?!

It is nice to know a little more detail about what had happened.

The third statement has me a little confused. I'm not sure who you are referring to...it sounds like the transit worker but you refer to him as ""so-called 'innocent' thug?" I'm sorry but that threw me off.

Mr. Sharpton is very infamous in the way of influencing policy and seems to garner support for whatever cause he happens to fighting for.

*He has done great things and I tried not to come across very negative. But it was in response to your last posted statement.
    Sorry, the innocent thug was the one who was supposed to help out but got killed.

Thanks for the clarification.

What have you all been up to lately?
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

Sayocblade And I Have Met.

Very interesting stuff and almost always wins out. We did a little work together, and my initial blocks were completely opposite of what they should have been.
    For the street, it is a must look at.

Quote Originally Posted by KenpoTkdAckTSK View Post
    Very interesting stuff and almost always wins out. We did a little work together, and my initial blocks were completely opposite of what they should have been.
    For the street, it is a must look at.
    What KenpoTkdAckTSk is meaning to say is that I was showing him some blade work and how to 'respect' the blade. You learn something new everyday and if your mind is open, everything is pretty neat

Sayocblade

i C

What I actually meant when I had asked what you guys were up to was really just a general 'what's up' type of question. I inquired because you two don't seem to post very often. So then either you must be diligently training, dealing with stuff from personal lives or this forum is just a low priority (I'm not being judgmental). Either way, just saying what's up.

Anyhow, itz cool that you were able to show him some of your techniques.

How effective were the kenpo blocking techniques against a knife attack? New stuff is always nice to learn...and if it works on the street, then it is twice as neat.

Later people.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

What I actually meant when I had asked what you guys were up to was really just a general 'what's up' type of question. I inquired because you two don't seem to post very often. So then either you must be diligently training, dealing with stuff from personal lives or this forum is just a low priority (I'm not being judgmental). Either way, just saying what's up.

Anyhow, itz cool that you were able to show him some of your techniques.

How effective were the kenpo blocking techniques against a knife attack? New stuff is always nice to learn...and if it works on the street, then it is twice as neat.

Later people.
    Hey man,

been busy lately. Whats going on?

Exclamation Watch out for Tiger Schulmann´s

As earlier stated, it is all about the money, they will say and do anything to get your money into their account, "That is OK, if you move we will simply reimburse the outstanding classes". Yeah right, as that ever happened.

This would be fine though, if they had professional classes with professional instructors. Atleast in the Hoboken (NJ) school it was more important drinking coffee, checking the computer or being on the phone while conducting a class.
    The only feed-back I ever heard was "great" or "good" when thas was obviously not the case from time to time, but Hey, what don´t you do to keep the students happy and make them believe they are improving and keep them coming back to spend money.

The sparring classes are a joke, especially for those who have picked up a skill or two since 80% of the time you need o sparr with someone who hasn´t spent as much money as you have.

The ten first classes you will get tired, but since each class is more or less equal your body will get used to it and the classes become truly simple.

-So if you want to get value for your money, go somewhere else!

//Nick

Talking Horror Stories, yeah here's a few.

Quote Originally Posted by bdragon View Post
    I'm curious to hear any horror stories those of you might have had with Tiger Schulman's Karate? A friend of mine went there and It was a nightmare
    North American Grappling Association a.k.a. NAGA, as of latest event;

ADULT NO-GI TEAM WINNERS
    1st Place TSMMA 1870
    2nd Place West Point 580
    3rd Place Jerry Jones/Impulse MMA 510
    4th Place Renzo Gracie 490
    5th Place K Dojo 380
    6th Place Jersey Fight Club 220
    7th Place Underdog BJJ 210
    TIE Daddis 210
    9th Place End Game 190

We hold belts in the ROC, Muay Thai Organization at the Capitale in NY, We have cage fighters, IFL fighters, Golden Glove Boxers, and it's just a matter of time before we enter the UFC and end all this bull**** and get the respect we deserve.
    That's what you should fear!TSMMA 1870 v.s. Gracie in 4th position with only 490 wins. The numbers speak for themselves. Get over it.