Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Old Chan Tai San Footage

always Bak Mei technique before wire break or breaking bricks with his head, can't really tell you why (it's a secret LOL)
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

I agree. I don't think it was random. It seemed to be very similar every time he did it.
    Richard Chow

My School
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by SifuChow View Post
    I agree. I don't think it was random. It seemed to be very similar every time he did it.
    i'm wondering if it has anything to do with bak mei uses short motions...makes his muscles tighter than CLF or Lama?...hop gar makes my muscles wide...

I can't speak for him, but generally what the guy does before his break is more theatrics than for some reason. You either already have it, or you don't, if you have the real stuff.
    -Golden Arms-

cjurakpt Guest
    I think that the "explosive" energy of the bok mei, the feel of it when he played it before hand, got him psyched up to do the break; and it also looks very cool!

You guys aren't looking at the obvious; When he is trussed up with wires, his motions are very limited. They would start to break if he started doing something like CLF or Lama. I had already asked him that and that is what he told me. Bok Mei is the only thing he can really do, quickly, without having some of the wires break prematurely.

Quote Originally Posted by Lama Pai Sifu View Post
    You guys aren't looking at the obvious; When he is trussed up with wires, his motions are very limited. They would start to break if he started doing something like CLF or Lama. I had already asked him that and that is what he told me. Bok Mei is the only thing he can really do, quickly, without having some of the wires break prematurely.
    DOH.....

OK....this is funny. I don't speak Mandarin so have no idea what they were saying in this clip but one of my Mandarin speaking students came to class laughing. He said that it starts by describing the location and when it got to the shot of Chan Tai San they say something like "here is someone at the temple now...." as if it was not planned. It almost sounds like everyone in the area can just break out into a kung fu form at any moment.
    Richard Chow

My School
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by SifuChow View Post
    OK....this is funny. I don't speak Mandarin so have no idea what they were saying in this clip but one of my Mandarin speaking students came to class laughing. He said that it starts by describing the location and when it got to the shot of Chan Tai San they say something like "here is someone at the temple now...." as if it was not planned. It almost sounds like everyone in the area can just break out into a kung fu form at any moment.
    By the way, the guy who uses two fingers to break stones, he is a Choy Lay Fut guy apparently from Jyu Chyuhn's lineage
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....