Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Leg Checks!

Quote Originally Posted by Becca View Post
    Unless you are of an advanced, yet undisclosed, age and have a really cool screan name. And wear boots.
    Just to satisfy any latent curiosity, I'm 65 and haven't slowed down an iota.

Glad you think my screen-name is "cool".

I need a new pair of Justins.... and since I don't like going through metal detectors, I think I'll "pass" on the fiberglass shanks and "go" with the more traditional steel shanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Gash View Post
    Do you sleep in your boots? Wear them on the beach?
    If you actually know how to practice while wearing footgear, it doesn't matter.

Maybe you should practice better form then.
    For a move you would never even consider using?

Quote Originally Posted by bakxierboxer View Post
    As "history" has it, the early 60s (let alone the 50s) were before contact with TKD, or the even more recent contact with MT.

Of course not, and the reason is fairly obvious.... from the "proper perspective".

It's that "perspective" thingie, again.
    Not going to do the which came first thing with you in regards to the first Japanese style to add on the mawashi geri, too much BS there to even bother.
    Suffice to say that it wasn't there before.

As for proper perspective, the simple fact that ever systems has it now, speaks volumes.
    The fact that the number 1 technique used by MT fighters VS the japanese and chinese was the round kick, both high and low, speaks volumes.
    The simple fact that the fighters that fought the thais all added them to their repatoire, speaks volumes.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Not going to do the which came first thing with you in regards to the first Japanese style to add on the mawashi geri, too much BS there to even bother.
    Now, why would that be?

Suffice to say that it wasn't there before.
    Uh... don't look now, but neither were you!

As for proper perspective, the simple fact that ever systems has it now, speaks volumes.
    You comparing it to fly sh1t?
    ("It's everywhere! It's everywhere!")

The fact that the number 1 technique used by MT fighters to KO the japanese and chinese was the round kick, both high and low.....
    Yeah, do you actually know why?

The simple fact that the fighters that fought the thais all added them to their repatoire, speaks volumes.
    Yup.
    It means that their coaches didn't know why, either.

Now, why would that be?

Uh... don't look now, but neither were you!

You comparing it to fly sh1t?
    ("It's everywhere! It's everywhere!")

Yeah, do you actually know why?

Yup.
    It means that their coaches didn't know why, either.
    LOL !

You are so off on this one Pete.

Are you insinuating that the round kick was NOT in TCMA because it was ineffective?
    If we are to believe that it existed in TCMA but was not included in forms, doe sit means the forms were not used ot teach techniques ?
    It seems you may be insinuating that a kick considered by most (if not all) fighters as one of the best kicks to use, if not the best, the kick that has resulted in more KO's than any other, the kick used by Thai fighters to humble some of the best in the world before they added it to heir own arsenal, that this kick is ineffective?

Are you saying that?

Oh lordy say it aint so!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Oh lordy say it aint so!
    Nah, I doubt he is, I am just ragging on him

Whats a roundhouse kick>?

Is that the Chuck Norris thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Whats a roundhouse kick>?

Is that the Chuck Norris thing?
    HIYA biotch !!

Say What?!?!

LOL !

You are so off on this one Pete.

Are you insinuating that the round kick was NOT in TCMA because it was ineffective?
    Nope, I use it myself... ever since sometime back around 1962.

If we are to believe that it existed in TCMA but was not included in forms, doe sit means the forms were not used ot teach techniques ?
    That "perspective" thingie... again.

It seems you may be insinuating that a kick considered by most (if not all) fighters as one of the best kicks to use, if not the best, the kick that has resulted in more KO's than any other, the kick used by Thai fighters to humble some of the best in the world before they added it to heir own arsenal, that this kick is ineffective?
    Are you saying that?
    Nope.
    Now that's out of the way.....
    What did I mean?

I don't recall TCMA ( or even JMA/OMA) having a round kick untill after they got exposed to MT and TKD.
    I don't recall any round kicks in any of the traditional CMA, JMA, or Okinawan MA forms at all.
    AM I mistaken?
    um low sweeps and tornado kick has all the muay thai round kick footwork... maybe not all of, but most of. Crescent kick is a round kick...if you want to hit his groin just use the ball of your foot and snap with a front kick motion...Chinese front kick and inside crescent kick= Kajukenbo round kick to groin with rear leg ball of foot.

If you actually know how to practice while wearing footgear, it doesn't matter.

For a move you would never even consider using?
    I like your POV...I've been saying this against a big guy maybe you will jab him and stomp his nuts or leg...Muay Thai is two champs of the same caliber breaking each other down with round kicks and elbows...you stupid if you walk up to a big guy and kick his thigh with your shin...lol that's like jump kicking him.

No, it's smart to kick a big guy in the thigh, it keeps you mobile while sapping his mobility, and if you land two or three clean impacts he'll fall over (if he's untrained maybe after just one)
    If you're wearing boots then of course it's OK to kick with the foot, but the leg and hip action should be the same, because that's what generates the most power and exposes you to the least risk.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by diego View Post
    I like your POV...
    Don't do me any favors.

I've been saying this against a big guy maybe you will jab him and stomp his nuts or leg...

That's whacked!
    Discriminatory as hell!
    Pickin' on'em big peepul!
    What with you trying to play "Honest Injun" an' all, I'd have figured you'd be anything BUT prejudiced!

Me? I'm not in the least little bit prejudiced... I'm an equal opportunity nut-stomper.

OTOH, I've got no use for jabs, since the timing differential (for me) isn't enough to make it worth losing any power.

Muay Thai is two champs of the same caliber breaking each other down with round kicks and elbows...
    I figure they're entitled to do whatever they like that gets them wherever it is they want to go.
    Doesn't mean I'll ever play their game.
    I didn't the last time I played one.

you stupid if you walk up to a big guy and kick his thigh with your shin...lol that's like jump kicking him.
    Actually, what would really pīss me off would be having to jump up to hit him in the head.
    Fortunately for all concerned, I'm not a head hunter.... at least not that kind.
    But if the right lady asks....