Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guess we won't have any Blade movies for a while

Quote Originally Posted by bodhitree View Post
    I didn't see anything in the USA today about supervised release???
    That's where i got that quote from:

Snipes was acquitted in February of five additional charges, including felony tax fraud and conspiracy. Co-defendants Douglas P. Rosile and Eddie Ray Kahn were convicted on both those counts. Kahn, who refused to defend himself in court, was sentenced to 10 years, while Rosile received 54 months. Both will serve three years of supervised release. Snipes will serve one year of supervised release.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

So, is it a stretch to say this is a case in which a debtor is being tried and thrown into prison by the US Govt.?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    So, is it a stretch to say this is a case in which a debtor is being tried and thrown into prison by the US Govt.?
    A little bit. A debtor usually refers to someone who is in debt to a 3rd party, not the Gov't.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    A little bit. A debtor usually refers to someone who is in debt to a 3rd party, not the Gov't.
    Oh, come on....LOL...........he was in debt one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    Oh, come on....LOL...........he was in debt one way or another.
    Got me there.

And for $2.3 million more than he was in the first place.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

I think he is doing 3 years in prison and followed by 1 year supervised probation when he gets released

That's my understanding of the law. But then again, you saw what happened to Paris....LOL.....she got out because she had a tummy ache and her hair was mussed from the hard pillows in prison whereas the rest of us would have been ****ed from go and served full sentence and then some.

But then again, Snipes is an African American, and if the American justice system has anything to say about it, it'll be full sentence--(it's like their revenge for OJ). Plus, it's the IRS. If ever there was a Satanic Cult that thrived on vengeance, it's the IRS.

Hilton got sent back by the judge though. The judge was close to having the sheriff who released her charged with defying a judge's order. She did end up serving the time she was sentenced to.

I think Snipes is gonna do time, not because of race though. He is famous, he did not even file returns for 3 years, and he owed like $2.7 million. That's why he is in trouble. And remember, his accountants got more time than he did.

I'd like to do Paris in her 3rd input. .......ooppsss, did I say that out loud.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

I don't know if this thread is a symptom or a result of a "distracted by the unimportant" stream that comes outta the tv.
    I mean honestly, who really gives a shit about wesley snipe's legal wrangles. does it effect anyone here?

This is about as important as paris hilton's ho ho dilly.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I don't know if this thread is a symptom or a result of a "distracted by the unimportant" stream that comes outta the tv.
    I mean honestly, who really gives a shit about wesley snipe's legal wrangles. does it effect anyone here?
    I'm not one of those morons who watches TMZ and ET all the time, but IMO it does show if you don't pay your taxes you will get fined and do time, no matter who or how famous you are.

I'm not one of those morons who watches TMZ and ET all the time, but IMO it does show if you don't pay your taxes you will get fined and do time, no matter who or how famous you are.
    I already knew that.

Some people (along with wesley snipes apparently) seem to disagree that you will go to prison for failure to pay taxes. Which no matter how you tart it up is debtors prison.

something that should be abolished by rule of law. Make claim like everyone else with the same recourse.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Some people (along with wesley snipes apparently) seem to disagree that you will go to prison for failure to pay taxes. Which no matter how you tart it up is debtors prison.
    I'm no fan of the IRS and frankly I'm all for abolishing the income tax all together, but it's not like debtor's prison. Debtors prison would be if they put these idiots who signed stupid mortages and/or ran up credit card debt and could pay into prison.

Do you consider the jailing of those who fail to pay traffic fines (including DWIs) as being put into debtors prison?

I'm no fan of the IRS and frankly I'm all for abolishing the income tax all together, but it's not like debtor's prison. Debtors prison would be if they put these idiots who signed stupid mortages and/or ran up credit card debt and could pay into prison.

Do you consider the jailing of those who fail to pay traffic fines (including DWIs) as being put into debtors prison?

for the government it is ok but for private business to not get their day in court or for the consumer to not be allowed his is just bad form and grand semantics when it comes to teh meat and potatoes of it.

legally maneuvering around the debt until you call it something else by proxy is just scumbaggery and douchery in action.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Wesley Snipes didn't just fail to pay taxes, he didn't even fill out the tax forms (required by law). Yes, it seems like a victimless crime, but had he made the effort to fill out the form and could not pay in full he would not be going to prison. Even if he filed with mistakes (or fraud) he probably wouldn't be in this position today.
    Bless you