Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video Rant =)

Video Rant =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMiRE7ya0kQ&fmt=18

No flashy moves so be warned just me running my mouth LOL
    basically a rant caught on film and i chopped it up to practice my production skills [ im self teaching how to edit an produce the music and mix and time it with the text ]

just practice for the upcoming website and vidz i got in the works

so figure this might be entertaining for about a second =0)

it was inspried by most of the nonsense i read online and the Ego filled thinking that seems to be a driving force these days ....remember i warned you its a rant !

More importantly perhaps i might touch on some topics for a healthy discussion I purposely tried to stay away from style and linage and sifu-itus LOL

have a great day and train hard but have fun

E.
    Last edited by Ernie; 08-07-2008 at 10:00 AM.
    If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

Hey Bro,

Nice clip, good statement!

All the best to you,

GJ
    "The idea is to hit hard and hit first."

United Ving Tsun Kung Fu Society / Ving Tsun Forum

Thanks bro... just playing with some idea's ..hope your vacation went well !

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

That's my Man, ...keepin' it real, always!!! Nice one, Bro
    DMP

Pretty good
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    basically a rant caught on film and i chopped it up to practice my production skills [ im self teaching how to edit an produce the music and mix and time it with the text ]
    Sweet job for self proclaimed novice E. Im a prof Editor so i know what im on about .

Not sure what gear your using but if you want to improve timing ect with gfx and sound tracks do a help search using the keyword 'keyframes' may help you out a bit.

If your software is any good you can enable an 'Audio Waveform' function which illistrates the peaks and troughs of any music track which you can sync up with you gfx using the keyframes i mentioned..... its a little more refined than using your eyes and ears for timing etc

Anyway good job and goodluck with it all bruv.

DREW
    Training is the pursuit of perfection - Fighting is settling for results - ME

Thats not VT

"This may hurt a little but it's something you'll get used to"- TOOL

"I think the discussion is not really developing how I thought it would " - LoneTiger108

Its good to be the King - http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=2vqmgJIJM98

Quote Originally Posted by David Peterson View Post
    That's my Man, ...keepin' it real, always!!! Nice one, Bro
    DMP
    thanks Uncle P =) ..thought i sent you that one did about 4-5 months ago =)

Anerlich,, thanks for the thumbs up .. and for checking it out bro

Quote Originally Posted by Liddel View Post
    Sweet job for self proclaimed novice E. Im a prof Editor so i know what im on about .

Not sure what gear your using but if you want to improve timing ect with gfx and sound tracks do a help search using the keyword 'keyframes' may help you out a bit.

If your software is any good you can enable an 'Audio Waveform' function which illistrates the peaks and troughs of any music track which you can sync up with you gfx using the keyframes i mentioned..... its a little more refined than using your eyes and ears for timing etc

Anyway good job and goodluck with it all bruv.

DREW
    Drew ,
    now were talking ..i used sony vegas ..and i did use key frames but had just tried it for the first time

I just filmed a week Doc with David .
    I upped my game went with 3-5 camera shoot,,even picked up a HV30 Rode mics and stablizers shoulder mounts pretty sick rig =)

Next im going for a mini VT movie with the LA crew ,,see if i can pull it off ?

ps.. yes im obsessive about all my interest LOL .. dont get me started on my hip hop days =)

i will pick your brain bro as i drive myself crazy with ambitious projects

I just filmed a week Doc with David .
    I upped my game went with 3-5 camera shoot,,even picked up a HV30 Rode mics and stablizers shoulder mounts pretty sick rig =)
    You dont muck around do you moneybags lol cool. Id hate to have to sift through all the cam originals in post prod...dammm

Next im going for a mini VT movie with the LA crew ,,see if i can pull it off ?
    Word of advice - put your camera on the fastest shutter speed or you may need to slow those punches down to catch them on screen lol

i will pick your brain bro as i drive myself crazy with ambitious projects
    More than happy to help with whatever mate, some projects can do your head in so its good to bang ideas around etc specially when it comes to editing it all together.

In my spare time ive been drafting an idea for a NZ martial art doco focusing on how things got down here from thier country of origins and even have plans on showcasing our indiginous maori peoples own martial arts.... they have h2h and weapons approaches unique to thier culture....

Its one hell of an effort, but very fun.

DREW
    Training is the pursuit of perfection - Fighting is settling for results - ME

Thats not VT

"This may hurt a little but it's something you'll get used to"- TOOL

"I think the discussion is not really developing how I thought it would " - LoneTiger108

Its good to be the King - http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=2vqmgJIJM98

Nice one Ernie. I liked the line about surviving, not winning. The only problem with the clip is that you're not ranting enough - no foam flecked lips!

------------
    Best wishes,
    Chee.

ps.. yes im obsessive about all my interest LOL .. dont get me started on my hip hop days =)
    Um..

"They not hot, all they do is talk a lot."

Nuff said. LOL!
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

Quote Originally Posted by couch View Post
    Um..

"They not hot, all they do is talk a lot."

Nuff said. LOL!
    keep pumpin dat K 2da R 2da S 2da OOOOONNEEEEE !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcjW2DXW9tg&fmt=18

another little intro piece i was playing with a while back ...

Quote Originally Posted by CFT View Post
    Nice one Ernie. I liked the line about surviving, not winning. The only problem with the clip is that you're not ranting enough - no foam flecked lips!

------------
    Best wishes,
    Chee.
    LOL man I would sock some one before i got that worked up LOL

as for the thinking '' Surviving not winning ''
    I find this to be a much more honest and adaptable mindset in the ''real'' world
    not the ''bling bling '' look at me and tell me im great bizzaro world people like to pretend they live in

or the .. no way dude it's not real and hardcore unless you take it to the ring and film it LOL .. i would rather crack you in the head with a brick while were heading to the ring ...I will take the disqualification and let the other guy win

Hey Ernie,

Great Rant! I agree wholeheartedly...too much unrealistic expectations out there regarding Martial Arts training, and what it is good for. Just train hard, stay out of trouble and understand why you are training in your choosen art, while enjoying the process, cause if you don't enjoy it I highly doubt that you would be doing it

James