Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Think fast

Nice posts Chris.

And I thought you were incapable of writing comprehensible sentences!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by iron_leg_dave View Post
    I've never understould why wherever there is gong fu, there are cults.
    just like anything else... people who are insecure in their identities tend to cogulate into groups of similar dispositions... it is a biological reflex to find safety in numbers when the individuals are still controlled by fear.
    Is it because gong fu has a unique appeal to the weak?
    it may have an appeal to the weak... but only the strong have it.

Actions do not create karma. Clinging creates karma.

Clinging to samsara causes karma. Clinging to dharma causes karma. Clinging to saving others from samsara causes karma. Clinging to Buddhism causes karma. Clinging to killing causes karma.

Killing does not cause karma, clinging causes karma. If when killing, there is no clinging, there is no karma.

Inherently there is no death. If while living there is no clinging to life, there is no death.

Inherently no one suffers. When there is no clinging, there is no karma. When there is no karma, there is no suffering. If there is no clinging, there is no suffering.

Inherently there is no one to save, so what need is there for bodhisattvas.

Life is a game; if we take the rules too seriously we are bound by the rules. While the rules serve a purpose, they are inherently arbitrary, they are pretend. If we cling to the rules we create karma. Although we do not cling to the rules we may still play by the rules because the rules bring with them worldly consequences.

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post

Clinging to samsara causes karma. Clinging to dharma causes karma. Clinging to saving others from samsara causes karma. Clinging to Buddhism causes karma. Clinging to killing causes karma.

Killing does not cause karma, clinging causes karma. If when killing, there is no clinging, there is no karma.

Inherently there is no death. If while living there is no clinging to life, there is no death.

Inherently no one suffers. When there is no clinging, there is no karma. When there is no karma, there is no suffering. If there is no clinging, there is no suffering.

Life is a game; if we take the rules too seriously we are bound by the rules. While the rules serve a purpose, they are inherently arbitrary, they are pretend. If we cling to the rules we create karma. Although we do not cling to the rules we may still play by the rules because the rules bring with them worldly consequences.
    killjoy...

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    the way of nature needs no credit...
    yes, it's a cash-only enterprise

more of that legal jargon.
    I should start a billing invoice...

be like a child.
    hungry - eat; full - stop;

to greet each new day as a new experience... doing the same thing everyday gets boring...
    and given the impossibility of doing the same thing everyday, one can never get bored

what's to see through?
    only that which one creates by looking for something

there are many mis-conceptions of the term...
    it does come along for the ride if i choose to pack it and take it along for the journey.
    kicking and screaming if by no other means

glad i could be of service... would you like a happy ending with that?
    stop playing dead, you crafty old tiger...

what noise?

i must say... you keep me on my toes.
    no need to pounce, I lower my head and wish you and your family peace, Grasshut

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    Nice posts Chris.

And I thought you were incapable of writing comprehensible sentences!
    I do slip up from time to time...

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by iron_leg_dave View Post
    I've never understould why wherever there is gong fu, there are cults.
    Is it because gong fu has a unique appeal to the weak?
    you search for what you think you lack; if the person who you think has what you want is teaching out of their neurotic need for self-validation through the subjugation of others, you've found a great match;

just like anything else... people who are insecure in their identities tend to cogulate into groups of similar dispositions... it is a biological reflex to find safety in numbers when the individuals are still controlled by fear.
    yep

Quote Originally Posted by cjurakpt View Post
    and given the impossibility of doing the same thing everyday, one can never get bored
    hmmmm... there are alot of people stuck in a groundhog day.
    only that which one creates by looking for something
    looking for something is better than doing nothing.
    kicking and screaming if by no other means
    but it is still going for the ride.
    stop playing dead, you crafty old tiger...
    i have to keep honing my skills... i don't fall for the mask on the back of the head trick either.
    banging pots and pans makes no noise over the postings on an internet forum.
    no need to pounce, I lower my head and wish you and your family peace, Grasshut
    the first thing that pops into my mind was a big huge house made from marijuana buds... thank you for the blessings... crackpot.
    LOL... there was just a post about a university finding on the mind registering words regardless off mis-spellings as long as the begining and ending letters are correct... the first thing i saw on your handle was crackpot... hehehehe... i'm a grass(marijuana)hut and you are a crackpot.

cjurakpt Guest
    hmmmm... there are alot of people stuck in a groundhog day.
    don't drive angry...

looking for something is better than doing nothing.
    nothing to do anyway, really

but it is still going for the ride.
    better buckle up then...

the first thing that pops into my mind was a big huge house made from marijuana buds... thank you for the blessings...
    they fall all around, waiting to be snatched up

crackpot.LOL... there was just a post about a university finding on the mind registering words regardless off mis-spellings as long as the begining and ending letters are correct... the first thing i saw on your handle was crackpot... hehehehe... i'm a grass(marijuana)hut and you are a crackpot.
    ha! Grass Hut and Cracked Pot - going up in smoke and pouring out the hole!

ha! Grass Hut and Cracked Pot - going up in smoke and pouring out the hole!
    just when you think something has been contained...

killjoy...
    That's what you get for coming out of hibernation too early!

Let's take your reasoning to its logical conclusion. Let's say A kill B without any clinging. So, A's action carries no consequence because A has no clinging? what if B's relative come and kill A for revenge? Would the karma be caused by B's relative's because they have clinging?

Karma is Sanskrit for action. The fruit of action is its reaction, its karmic retribution. Typical usage of the word karma in English implies karmic retribution. A ball hits the ground without any clinging because it is not sentient. but, it sure does bounce back up. so, extending your logic to its logical end, the ball should just stay on the ground and does not bounce because as long as there is no clinging, there is no karmic retribution.

dazed and confused

Hi Wandering Monk,

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingMonk View Post
    Let's take your reasoning to its logical conclusion. Let's say A kill B without any clinging. So, A's action carries no consequence because A has no clinging? what if B's relative come and kill A for revenge? Would the karma be caused by B's relative's because they have clinging?

Karma is Sanskrit for action. The fruit of action is its reaction, its karmic retribution. Typical usage of the word karma in English implies karmic retribution. A ball hits the ground without any clinging because it is not sentient. but, it sure does bounce back up. so, extending your logic to its logical end, the ball should just stay on the ground and does not bounce because as long as there is no clinging, there is no karmic retribution.
    Perhaps you missed this paragraph:

The action, absent clinging, creates no spiritual consequence, but all actions have world system consequences. I refer you to the Bhagavad-Gita and D. T. Suzuki's, "The Zen Doctrine of No-Mind"

The action, absent clinging, creates no spiritual consequence, but all actions have world system consequences.
    if something has no spiritual consequence, it will not manifest into a physical one. the world and it's system of operation is based on fear and lies... the only consequence for spreading light is that things get brighter by the moment. the world is darkness, truth is the light and darkness cannot cling to light. it's the age old Christ teaching of living in the world, but not being a part of it...

How did my combat topic turn into this bull$hit