Page 50 of 194 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

They want to cut taxes...easy! Start by making the standard deductible 100K.

The govt will never be Lehman Bros.....The main difference being that L Bros don't have an army to send out and kick ass to protect their assets when things get hairy! Nor do they have the ability to print up money if they need it!

Never mind though....the entire conservative house of cards is based on a bunch of 80s BS such as Laffer (Flapper...whatever the hell it is) and trickle down.....What they don't tell you about trickle down is it starts as Niagra Falls and ends up as a leaky faucett.

Governments can become insolvent, it just takes a lot longer and is a lot more complicated, but governments have gone broke before. No, it's not exactly the same thing as a corporation going under as the country will still exist in some form, but it's still bad.

Laffer, lol. I was a Finance major/Econ minor, and never took an econ class where the prof didn't shred that poor guy.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

So you haven't found ANY Obama tax cuts. Go figure. But he is promising to cut them.

Quote Originally Posted by Water Dragon View Post
    Yet we're running a record deficit, and we should cut taxes?
    What part of 'EVERY TIME taxes have been cut, the government collects MORE in taxes' do you not understand? Kennedy, Reagan, and now GW Bush have all cut taxes, and the taxes collected increased.

Spending money you don't have catches up with individuals, it catches up with corporations, and it will catch up with the government eventually.
    Tell that to the tax-and-spend party. Which one is that again?

The fact is, whoever gets into office needs to raise taxes and/or cut spending. I doubt either will happen, and one of these days, the government will be the next Lehman Brothers.
    Mainly because of the Ponzi scheme called Social Security. And whose idea was that?

Here is a novel idea; Lets cut taxes and cut spending!
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Here's a good one

To all you pro-tax guys; How much is enough?

Really, what percentage of a person's annual income is fair in your opinion?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Here is a novel idea; Lets cut taxes and cut spending!
    Good idea! Let's start with cutting welfare funds to Israel.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Good idea! Let's start with cutting welfare funds to Israel.
    Spoken like a true idiot.

Israel BUYS from us.

And we actually get a return, unlike with welfare recipients. See, they are a staunch ally in the Mideast as well as having the best intelligence in the world and the best air force as well.

What percentage is fair?

To all you pro-tax guys; How much is enough?

Really, what percentage of a person's annual income is fair in your opinion?
    What percentage of a person's annual income presently goes to killing Afghanis and Iraquis?

Double that - minimum.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

What part of 'EVERY TIME taxes have been cut, the government collects MORE in taxes' do you not understand? Kennedy, Reagan, and now GW Bush have all cut taxes, and the taxes collected increased.
    http://www.factcheck.org/taxes/supply-side_spin.html

http://www.cbpp.org/3-8-06tax.htm

Of course, Reagan did cut taxes in 1981. Only to raise them in 1982 (twice), 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986 and 1987.

http://www.nationalreview.com/nrof_b...0310290853.asp

Also, if the tax cuts pay for themselves, then why do Repulican presidents run up such huge deficits?

Spoken like a true idiot.

Israel BUYS from us.

And we actually get a return, unlike with welfare recipients. See, they are a staunch ally in the Mideast as well as having the best intelligence in the world and the best air force as well.
    Israel buys a lot of weapons from us with money we give them.

"Israel is not economically self-sufficient, and relies on foreign assistance and borrowing to maintain its economy. Since 1985, the United States has provided $3 billion in grants annually to Israel. Since 1976, Israel has been the largest annual recipient of U.S. foreign assistance, and is the largest cumulative recipient since World War II. In addition to U.S. assistance, it is estimated that Israel receives about $1 billion annually through philanthropy, an equal amount through short- and long- term commercial loans, and around $1 billion in Israel Bonds proceeds."
    Congressional Research Service. CRS Issue Brief for Congress, Updated July 12, 2004.

Also, if the tax cuts pay for themselves, then why do Repulican presidents run up such huge deficits?
    Because even though they preach smaller government, Republicans always insist on massive increases in military spending.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Amazing isn't it?

We are spending a billion a week for a war that will just go on and on until we get tired of being there and this guy is saying that we should "cut spending".

Well I have a good place to start on that.

Also it's funny(and sad too) that with Bush the excuse used for all of this military build up is because of 9/11....Well on that one I think Bin Laden's boys come out a little ahead. They probably spend a hundred dollars on mace and boxcutters.....

Spending all of that money to "Fight" these people is ike trying to kill a fly with one of those $10,000 hammers that the military uses so often.

Idocracy again!

Jesus Christ! Even when shown how tax cuts bring in more money, you guys won't stop with your talking points. But it would have been more! You guys are something else.

Try answering the question:

How much is a fair percentage to take from someone's annual income?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Because even though they preach smaller government, Republicans always insist on massive increases in military spending.
    Yeah, lets just slash the military and intelligence budgets again. It worked out so well last time, we only had 9/11.

Yeah, lets just slash the military and intelligence budgets again. It worked out so well last time, we only had 9/11.
    And what's Iraq's connection to 9/11?

We already did that one.

Answer the question, please: How much is a fair percentage to take from someone's annual income?

fair?

when did fair ever enter into politics?

is the amount of money spent on this iraq war 'fair' to the american people?

when did fair ever even have any grounding in any of this...
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.