Hey Kenton!

Sorry to hear you had problems. I didn't have those problems, but who can say what is going on with the maker. I get the impression his business is a very small "garage" operation. Still...service should be better than that when people are putting out that kind of money! I've only had to do two modifications to my dummy since I got it, and I work the thing pretty darn hard! I had to use small screws to hold the rubber stoppers on the upper arm pins because they kept falling off. The lower arm pin was OK. I also had to put some black electrical tape across the top of the notch in the front of the base because the big pin that attaches the trunk to the base kept backing out. So these are only minor modifications and aren't even visible. I took the leg off and don't use it. It has nothing to do with the dummy construction, just personal preference. I find it gets in the way when I work on things that aren't exactly "classical" Wing Chun.

Quote Originally Posted by couch View Post
I just got the same one about a week ago. While I highly recommend getting it because it does rock - I had a few issues:

-The order form said that it would 2-6 weeks. It didn't arrive for 10 weeks and I had to call and call. I never got a call back or an e-mail back - I only got to talk to Lee when I caught him on his cell. He did apologize and say that my order slipped through the cracks and told me it would be mailed out by a specific day. A week went by and nothing came. I rode him a bit more and said he'd personally take care of it. I told him to call me with a tracking number to prove he mailed it. It came 3 days later.

-All the parts were there except for the pin that holds the leg in. Not a big deal, but still - I expected all my parts. I was tired of waiting so I didn't bother calling. I just went to Home Depot and got a 1 1/2" hex bolt and washers, etc.

Overall...I love my dummy, but the service kinda ticked me off.

Best,
K