Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Hardowork108 finally put a clip up!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post
    90% of the schools out there are mac kung fu. you have to live with it/
    That is what I say all the time. Actually I sometimes say 95% plus. This figure does not show 95% of this forum's kung fu "gods" in good light, inspite of their DVDS..lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb
    yes and no i am saying. l;ast mastch i saw of 2 authentic kung fu masters form the 30's in HK looked like 2 people who studied for a year. you should look it up. white crane vs something else.
    Does that mean that they are all bad. A Chinese sifu that I know had seen that video and had commented that these are typical of masters who don't train the combat aspects of kung fu. Was the sifu in question a glorified kickboxer? No. He was as traditional as you can get!

western boxing styles exist in kung fu system?
    I believe that some boxing style punches exist in kung fu but within the framwork of kung fu principles regarding body structure. I.e they don't hop around while executing the technique and they don't raise their shoulders.

and yes we all know san shou is a sport. but its still kung fu.
    Sport kung fu. However, that does not make all kickboxing practice classify as kung fu!

obviously, i never said any difference. back at you. but you have to understand kick boxing is kung fu.
    No it is not!

Unfortunately when practising the typical kickboxing which is a ring SPORT you will go against some kung fu principles eg. rooting.

and its easier to get then all these throws and chin-na's so it is a good starting point.
    It is not a good starting point because you are going to build bad habits (as far as kung fu is concerned) from day 1.

dont tell me you went into advanced training on your first day?
    No the first day or months were spent on painfull roots training. Explanation of principles and how they applied to practice. Conditioning. Later on Iron Palm and Chi Sao. Sparring and more Iron Palm and so on.

I don't think that you know what is involved in traditional kung fu training and it is not about hopping around in a ring and kickboxing!

i would seriously like to see you throw a couple punches.
    Believe me, you wouldn't!

agreed. same goes for karate and tkd.
    Which would put serious doubt on the 95% of those here who have crosstrained their "whatever" kung fu with karate and tkd.

maybe we can meet and i can demonstrate on you?
    You mean you are going to demonstrate the immortal kickboxing jabs, crosses and hooks?

not saying it is better. talking from a sport perspective it is different. go look at old boxer photo's comapred to new ones. they learn new techniques and idea's to train. kung fu needs to do the same.

First of all I am not talking about boxing nor am I discussing SPORTS!

That may be the root of you misunderstanding my posts.

i got the impression thats the way you were. from the posts you put up.
    Well your impression was dead wrong!

I would say that perhaps you are a little gullible and have fallen for the misinformation spread by the likes of lkfmdc, Sanjuro ronin and SimonM.

that was a silly statement, I have to find the book I have and reread what it said in there about this subject.
    If you find the book then please return it to the person who sold it to you and get your money back. You can even hit him, if no one is looking.

nope I haven't. I have used my kung fu successfully.
    Are you sure that it was not kickboxing that you used? After all, most martial arts work if they are trained well.

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    so wait hold on

his teacher is a mixed martial artist? LMFAO
    No, he's a glorified kickboxer.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

so wait hold on

his teacher is a mixed martial artist? LMFAO
    Don't fall for Sanjuro's antiques. My sifu never blended the traditional sword fighting arts of Europe with kung fu.

He even recommends that people who train more than one style of TCMA should train them separately from each other.

The "blending" that would happen then would occur naturally when one has gainned expertise and deep understanding of the different kung fu styles that he practices.

Sanjuro is seeing everything from the knucklehead perspective and that is because, well, he is a knucklehead.

hulk is green, hulk smash!
    I am beginning to consider the possibility of SimonM being a closed door disciple of Dale Dugas.

i wish you would post something to show that you know what the real authentic kung fu is. cause i sure as hell would love to finally see real authentic kung fu cause all us gwailo's don't know anything and it would shut us up.
    To find authentic kung fu you will need to search for it. For any gwailo wanting to study authentic kung fu I would suggest for them not to search it in the local kickboxing gym nor buy any kickboxing dvds. That stuff is not kung fu.

As far as real kung fu goes, there are a few real kung fu sifus who have some instructional stuff or vidoes of their kwoons while practising. However, these will not be helpfull to people who will not recognize real kung fu if it fell on them.

Guys find a proper sifu. It is not easy but then nothing worthwhile in life comes easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    I did not see your comment as racist, you were complimenting Ross on the quality of his fighters. Now that really upset me!

Maybe I should not tell you this but Dale has been working on developing a new and secret Iron Butt technique, but sometimes accidents do happen...........
    nice try with the remix of words that I did not post.

you are really nothing more than a piece of trash.

really.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

No it is not!

Unfortunately when practising the typical kickboxing which is a ring SPORT you will go against some kung fu principles eg. rooting.

It is not a good starting point because you are going to build bad habits (as far as kung fu is concerned) from day 1.

so how do you practice your kicks? from a horse stance and bow stance? cause you know. everyone fights in a bowstance and horse stance cause its unmovable.

cause throwing punches while pivoting from bow stance to bow stance is the same twisting power you will get when throwing bunches in a regular fight.

is this what you are refering to as real kung fu? fighting in your stances?
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Don't fall for Sanjuro's antiques. My sifu never blended the traditional sword fighting arts of Europe with kung fu.

He even recommends that people who train more than one style of TCMA should train them separately from each other.

The "blending" that would happen then would occur naturally when one has gainned expertise and deep understanding of the different kung fu styles that he practices.

Sanjuro is seeing everything from the knucklehead perspective and that is because, well, he is a knucklehead.
    actually i've looked up this guy

he's blending european arts with chinese arts

HERETIC!!!!!!!BURN HIM

for good quality wing chun based in reality i think you should look up alan orr
    that guy is a cool guy and mixes wing chun well with other arts

run along TYGM

oh and POST VIDEO
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

HOOOOLLLLLLDDDD ON A SEC
    Christ, you are so confused that it is embarassing.

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat
    u said that you had to have studied for DECADES in order to become a master
    Yep, it generally takes decades to become a master. If you are consisitent and you study with a real sifu/master and if you train 6 or more hours a day then you can shorten that.

master huo was considered one of the best
    He was.

he advocated cross training and his school taught many styles
    Yes his school was famous for crosstraining in BJJ (Beijing Ju Jitsu).

THEY CROSSTRAINED IN KUNG FU, golden arhat!!! That is when presumably they were ready. I did state in a previous post that some masters may have started with more than one style of kung fu.

His school brought together many styles in order to preserve them. That does not mean that everyone trained everything all the time.

he died at like what 40 ?
    That is true. Apparently he was killed buy Dale Dugas when he accidently stepped through his "open door" and laughed himself to death when he saw Dale practising his secret Iron Palm techniques. Others say that he was poisoned. Take your pick.

he was beating people and teaching people in his 20's so that means assuming he started trainig at like 7 (i dont know when he started but it doesnt make a difference cos its unlikely he started trainingfrom when he was born so there is no way he could have had DECADES of experience when at the most he could have had about 15 years experience
    The quality and the intensity of the training in the old days are different. Don't you for one minute believe that what they did then is the same as what happens in your average kung fu school.

By the way, now that you are being so mathematical, why don't you read the profiles of some of the "kung fu" gods of this forum and see that some of them crosstrain in around 10 to dozen MAs including some kung fu, in as many years or perhaps even more. Try and calculate their kung fu "knowledge" from that!!!

and yet he was teaching and people referred to him as sifu and master
    There are highly qualified sifus in their early thirties even nowadays.

so explain that away
    As you see I have explained it. The next question is wether you have enough brain cells to absorb and understand the information.

all youve given is your views like for instance you'd learn one style first and then NOT BACKED IT UP AT ALL
    You are LYING there. It was backed up. If the truth hurts your fragile knucklehead heart, then don't blame me!

sanjuro has said something and shown why its true
    whast so hard about just giving people evidence ?
    I have explained the TCMA approach to crosstraining at least a half a dozen times here in the forums.

It just doesn't sink in with you guys. You are MMA knuckleheads. Jumping in the ring and hitting each other in the head and destroying the remainder of your braincells is the only reference you poor souls have as far as MA is concerned, let alone a profound art such as kung fu.

Some of you don't even pretend to practise kung fu, which puts into question your very presence in this supposedly kung fu forum.

As far as Sanjuro's truth is concerned I never thought I would see the day when the name Sanjuro would appear in the same sentence as the word "truth". The man has been making up lies about me for more than year. Now all of a sudden he has become a source of "kung fu" truth for a fellow knucklehead.

Golden Arhat, get this into your head, Sanjuro practices as much kung fu as you do!

So the next time Sanjuro writes a "truthfull" sentence about kung fu then sit down and write another "truthfull" sentence right back to him!

Just pretend as it seems most people here do exactly that and that is, pretend to know kung fu!

Hardwork...just send me a clip. I won't show it to nobody. And I'll just vouch that you at least know something!
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

actually i've looked up this guy

he's blending european arts with chinese arts
    Yet again the good old MMA knucklehead tactic. I the truth fails then just lie!..lol,lol,lol.

for good quality wing chun based in reality i think you should look up alan orr
    that guy is a cool guy and mixes wing chun well with other arts
    He is a disciple of Robert Chu who posts here. May be you can direct some of your enlightened Kung fu comments towards him.

oh and POST VIDEO
    A video?

Didn't they tell you in you meathead training classes that you can't learn martial arts from a video? Lol,lol,lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Hardwork...just send me a clip. I won't show it to nobody. And I'll just vouch that you at least know something!
    Drake, I am being honest here. I really don't care what these guys think. They are no kung fu men.

They are just externally trained kickboxers. Some of them may even be good fighters and I don't deny that, but then there are sambo guys who are great fighters, but would not know real kung fu specially from a video clip.

I have seen perfectly good and genuine kung fu video clips taken apart by some these guys. And that is because they have no point of reference when it comes to authentic kung fu training and the deeper prinicples.

Thinking because they win kickboxing matches will give them credibility as kung fu criciques is an illusion these people try to sell together with their usual "functional" courses and dvds.

There are others here who assume the same right to criticise kung fu because they happen to possess a black belt in Tae Kwon Do or karate. It is all an ego trip for these guys.

I have explained this to you the best I can. Also, as always consider this frenzy that is going on all over the forum, a frenzy that has been instigated always by the same guys. See what they have in common and how deep they have sunk morally to discredit me!

PS. Thanks for being polite.

so how do you practice your kicks? from a horse stance and bow stance? cause you know. everyone fights in a bowstance and horse stance cause its unmovable.

cause throwing punches while pivoting from bow stance to bow stance is the same twisting power you will get when throwing bunches in a regular fight.

is this what you are refering to as real kung fu? fighting in your stances?
    Kung fu stances are rooted. I don't know if anyone can fight using a horse stance. We have used this stance for chi kung and conditioning practice.
    However, I know that you can use horse stance during the application of a throw. You can even see that application in some karate style from Okinawa. Goju ryu is a good example.

I will make a general comment in regards the stance and that means you have to be ROOTED!

What does that mean to you?

Do you hop around when fighting or are you "attached" to the ground? I am not talking about immobility but solid contact with the ground.

Do you have your backside tucked in slightly when you are in stance?

Or to just cut a long story short, do you hop around like a boxer when you fight?

Kung fu stances are rooted. I don't know if anyone can fight using a horse stance. We have used this stance for chi kung and conditioning practice.
    However, I know that you can use horse stance during the application of a throw. You can even see that application in some karate style from Okinawa. Goju ryu is a good example.

I will make a general comment in regards the stance and that means you have to be ROOTED!

What does that mean to you?

Do you hop around when fighting or are you "attached" to the ground? I am not talking about immobility but solid contact with the ground.

Do you have your backside tucked in slightly when you are in stance?

Or to just cut a long story short, do you hop around like a boxer when you fight?
    to make a long story short? no, but doesnt mean i am so rooted I cant move, i use my root. i hate using the term rooted because many people use it different ways.

backside tucked in, do you mean i fight sideways like i was point sparing? HAHAHA thats your answer.

so kick boxing techniques (jab, cross, hook punches, upper cuts, hammer fists, back fists, heal kicks, thrust kicks, side kicks, round house kicks, hook kicks, axe kicks, sweeps, iron brooms) which are from a fighting stance that teach proper mechanics on using hips and twisting for punching and kick is teaching bad habits how? explain that to me.

you dont have to go over rooting with me for stances, i use stances for throws and takedowns too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

pssssstttttt

over here

yeah, come over here

I got a secret

CMA are deadly influenced by Buddhism

Buddhism is the "middle way"

There is neither all yang, nor all yin

People who think "rooted" means flat footed don't understand Buddhism, CMA, yin, yang, rooted or footwork

That is all
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....