Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Hardowork108 finally put a clip up!

Low-grade Nova Scotia plonk.

Iron Duke....

Now THERE is a beer.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    Low-grade Nova Scotia plonk.

Iron Duke....

Now THERE is a beer.
    Never tried that one...I don't think As a Geologist I was on a mapping project in New Brunswick for 3 months back in the early 80's.....we drank everything available, might have tried it and can't remember......I do remember developing a taste for warm beer and Canadian women..........spent 2 hours in the Moose Head brewery in St. Johns.....the tour guide drank more than we did....found out the Moose Head we get down here is Alpine. We took a few days off to check out Nova Scotia.....thats where I got the Keiths...I liked it.....liked Labotts 50 too.....most all Canadian beers are better than ours.
    BQ

Poor blighter. Keiths and Moosehead are passable breweries but if you didn't try Sleeman's, Rickards, or Duke of Wellington you missed out on our better breweries.

Mmmmmmm Rickards Red......
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.

Honestly I can read pingyin better than hanzi anyway. :s
    You seem to "read" English as well. However the problem with you seems to be on the COMPREHENSION side of things.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM
    Really though I find it ironic that HW108 thinks that those of us with tangible connections to China, who can speak the language and who have devoted large parts of our lives to the country don't count as CMAists because
    "because" you are knuckleheads it is all over your posts. What lkfmdc does or teaches is not traditional kung fu even if it is supposed to be good for fighting or to win kickboxing fights. What is so complicated about this fact?

By your "logic" if you could speak French and had "connections" with France then that would automatically make you an expert in French cuisine....lol. And by same logic it would make the average French person who presumably speak better French than you and who will have more "connections" with France, a better expertg than you will ever be.....lol.

Yes do continue to shoot yourself and even your forum "kung fu modernists"in the foot....lol,lol,lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM
    we don't mystify CMA.
    But your claim to authentic kung fu knowledge sure mystifies me! LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    It appears mr genuine 100% authentic real nffty secret kung fu doesn't actually speak any Chinese?

Us knuckleheaded glorified kickboxers only speak three different dialects
    And you are still a Glorified Kickboxer...

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    wo men mei you han tzu sou yi bu ke ye gong pu tong wa. ying wen tzu mei you yong

dan shi, dui! dui!

And chin chin to you sir!

Godd@mn it, why does every thread turn into a beer thread right before I have to go to work?
    When you stop growing you start dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Baqualin View Post
    Never tried that one...I don't think As a Geologist I was on a mapping project in New Brunswick for 3 months back in the early 80's.....we drank everything available, might have tried it and can't remember......I do remember developing a taste for warm beer and Canadian women..........spent 2 hours in the Moose Head brewery in St. Johns.....the tour guide drank more than we did....found out the Moose Head we get down here is Alpine. We took a few days off to check out Nova Scotia.....thats where I got the Keiths...I liked it.....liked Labotts 50 too.....most all Canadian beers are better than ours.
    BQ
    Our beer is definitely superior. But the Europeans, especially the mainlanders, produce even better beer!
    A unique snowflake

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    By your "logic" if you could speak French and had "connections" with France then that would automatically make you an expert in French cuisine....lol. .
    Extending your metaphor it would behoove you to also mention the people in question trained for an extended period with french chefs.
    Simon McNeil

Poor blighter. Keiths and Moosehead are passable breweries but if you didn't try Sleeman's, Rickards, or Duke of Wellington you missed out on our better breweries.

Mmmmmmm Rickards Red......
    There's always a next time....I take Canadian fishing trips quite often and still have a few friends there.....I'll have to give them a try....Duke of Wellington does sound familiar...so does Rickards....thanks for the heads up!!!
    BQ

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPalm View Post
    Our beer is definitely superior. But the Europeans, especially the mainlanders, produce even better beer!
    I actually like the Canadian beer better.....seems to have a better after taste than the Euro brands.....IMO.

Extending your metaphor it would behoove you to also mention the people in question trained for an extended period with french chefs.
    Of course you mean trained as "French Chefs" and not French Chefs!

I wish I had a dime for every time a knucklehead told me that he had trained in "kung fu".

Quote Originally Posted by Baqualin View Post
    I actually like the Canadian beer better.....seems to have a better after taste than the Euro brands.....IMO.
    I've been depressed ever since leaving Germany. Have you any recommendations?
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    I've been depressed ever since leaving Germany. Have you any recommendations?
    Find the nearest micro-brewery

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Tap View Post
    Ugh.

Just ugh.

This thread has basically no redeeming features, but I still managed to learn something from it:
    What did you learn from it? How to lie like lkfmdc and/or support lies the way people like kansuke, "sifu" Dale Dugas, 1bad65 and golden arhat?

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Tap
    why so many people take such a negative view of CMA.
    Because:

1) Most of them have trained in fake kung fu!

Please see the Mcdojo/kwoon phenomenom and that is a fact and you can even find evidence of it on YouTube!

2) While others have trained in glorified kickboxing that takes the approach of brainwashing (for business reasons) its student into thinking that traditional kung fu is outdated and impractical.

Oh, I almost forgot, you can find the evidence of the above in your beloved YouTube as well!

The classic "mushroom school" of argumentation, unwillingness to legitimately back up statements made,
    Which statement that I made requires a "back up"? The fact that I train kung fu traditionally?

Chinocentric exotification of the arts,
    Please clarify!

and above all, a raw arrogance unmatched by any MMA advocate I've yet to come across.
    Listen, no one is claiming that one is a better fighting mode than the other. If you stop looking at statements in an arrogant and pompus way then you will see them differently.

My point is that kickboxing and ring martial arts do not reflect the essence nor the richness of traditional kung fu (training). And that selling kickboxing as "improved" kung fu is immoral!

Try to understand that.

Christ.
    Yes, he is watching you "Reverend".

Hardwork108, just know that at this point, I no longer care what you know about kung fu. At this point I wouldn't care if you were a world-class top fighter, if your internals were on par with the masters of old, or if you were such a cultivated martial artist that you could integrate any type of movement into your kung fu seamlessly. You're putting yourself forward as the representative of TCMA, and in doing so you're behaving so poorly that as a TCMA student, I want nothing to do with you.
    It is amazing how you don't see the POOR behavior of your colleagues. When lkfmdc and Sanjuro who on some (marketing?) level claim to represent the TCMA go on to spew lies about me and my sifu all over this forum as well as in Ross's case start threads "dedicated" to me, and even when they are caught and called out by other members, our "Reverend" fails to see this POOR behavior but when I come out and defend myself then the "Reverend" decides to come out and be "moral" with empty banter!

Quote Originally Posted by ReverandTap
    Note that, although my name was on lkfmdc's list, I've never yet called you a troll, nor do I now; I'm pretty sure you do actually believe in what you're saying.
    Don't tell me that you are a Lama Pai man too?

I believe in what I am saying because I train traditionally hence and unlike this forum's knucklehead fraternity I have a point of reference.

Furthermore, I have no financial or any other interest (either way) in making uninformed critiques of the traditional mode (unlike many people here).

Quote Originally Posted by ReverandTap
    But you've got a long, long way to go before you achieve the kind of cultivation of self you talk about in your posts.
    I don't think that me being blunt with the truth is going against the cultivation of the self. Of course things sometimes "over develop" but then I would advise you to look at both sides of the fence!

And by the way, how relevant is lkfmdc's, Sanjuro ronin's, Dale Dugas's behavior to the cultivation of the self? Why don't you take your SELECTIVE morality to them, as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Reverand Tap
    Congratulations, I'm using my ignore button for the first time.
    That is very interesting because I have hardly interacted with you in this forum and yet you are going out of your way to insult me.

Anyway, if you can't take it when I am being blunt about the truth and we all know that the truth hurts (just ask lkfmdc, Sanjuro ronin, SimonM et al), then the ignore button is the healthiest option for you.

For the record, the folks you've been arguing with haven't been behaving well either.
    Wow, so you noticed the insecure knucklehead behavior leading to ugly and insistent lies, the disinformation and the many character assassination attempts that are still continuing?

But I am sure that this stuff was not really serious. The serious stuff involves me making valid criticisms of Mc Kung fu and the use of the (often "practical", "improved", functional",etc.,etc,) kung fu tag for MA's that are nothing but variations of the SPORT of kickboxing, hence Glorified Kickboxing!

But, in spite of your claims, by and large they're not putting themselves forward as the official representatives of all TCMA.
    No, "By and large" they are putting themselves forward as the OFFICIAL CRITIQUES of TCMA. So nothing for you to worry about as by sticking to their side you will be in the right bandwagon while following the current and latest MA fashion!

Of course, there are others here who even claim to represent an "improved" TCMA. Implying that the thousands of years of evolution and genuine masters couldn't do it and it was left to the knucklehead chapter of MA in the Western Hemisphere to innovate the current "improvements"...lol.

It's not upsetting to me when people involved in MA act poorly;
    It should be upsetting to you (if you have eyes and true morals), because why should "sifus" like Lkfmdc and Dale behave the way they have done here in this forum? (I won't even go into Sanjuro's lies as he is not a "sifu" yet inspite of his "incredible" and heroic "kung fu" demonstrations on YouTube). And get away with it, unnoticed by moral "icons" such as yourself?

it's par for the course, really, no matter what form of MA you're talking about. But to do so while claiming to be the defender and representative of those of us who train in CMA and would rather not be involved in petty martial politics is nothing short of disgraceful.
    You ignoring the immoral behavior, including the blatant lies of people such as Lkfmdc, Dale Dugas and Sanjuro ronin demonstrates your INVOLVEMENT and PARTICIPATION in petty martial arts politics!

Your hypocritical behavior is truely DISGRACEFUL!
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 03-07-2009 at 05:09 PM.