Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Defense against the Round House

Sits down with chips and a beer and awaits the response to Phil's request...

With a gun

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Redmond View Post
    Terence, please take no offense but you speak as an authority on some subjects. So I'd like to know if there are any clips of you doing any WC or other arts? I don't have any fight clips like Dale but I do "demo" the little I know. Would it be too much to ask to see clips of you explaining your points of view?
    PR
    I am not an authority. There are no authorities in WCK.

But it doesn't take an authority on WCK or fighting to know from the evidence how sound skills are developed or how to effectively train.

There are no video clips of me or my group training. And we don't do demos. My view is that if someone is really interested in what we do and if I believe they are sincere, they can visit and see for themselves. Quite frankly I don't see any point in putting up clips on youtube. Some things need to be experienced firsthand.

Yeah, you keep telling us that there are no authorities in wing chun, etc.

Buy you ARE an authority on Terence's wing chun - and we'd all like to see some of it, if you don't mind.

Not one single vid, anywhere???

Open Invitiation

I would love to see what you guys do. Where do you train. I would to stop by an see what you do?

Where is your location and time so I can visit?

Quote Originally Posted by t_niehoff View Post
    I am not an authority. There are no authorities in WCK.

But it doesn't take an authority on WCK or fighting to know from the evidence how sound skills are developed or how to effectively train.

There are no video clips of me or my group training. And we don't do demos. My view is that if someone is really interested in what we do and if I believe they are sincere, they can visit and see for themselves. Quite frankly I don't see any point in putting up clips on youtube. Some things need to be experienced firsthand.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatewingchun View Post
    Yeah, you keep telling us that there are no authorities in wing chun, etc.

Buy you ARE an authority on Terence's wing chun - and we'd all like to see some of it, if you don't mind.

Not one single vid, anywhere???
    No, I'm not an authority. As I say, there are no authorities in WCK, including the masters and grandmasters. What you don't like is that I dispute your (and your grandmaster's) authority. A person doesn't need to be an authority to dispute someone else's authority.

There are no vidoes of me doing WCK. Sorry. Nor do I have any of me playing tennis or basketball (both of which I also do regularly). You see, when I do these things I am not doing them for anyone but myself so I don't see any purpose to videotaping my athletic activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    I would love to see what you guys do. Where do you train. I would to stop by an see what you do?

Where is your location and time so I can visit?
    We don't train to satisfy people's curiousity. You already wrote me privately asking to train with us. I told you what you need to do if you want to train with us. That's the price of admission into our private group. If you are really serious, you'll pay that price.

We don't train to satisfy people's curiousity. You already wrote me privately asking to train with us. I told you what you need to do if you want to train with us. That's the price of admission into our private group. If you are really serious, you'll pay that price.
    oOoOoOoOoOooOOohh

Sparring to learn

You said in another post that training with you guys is free of charge. An when I challenge you to spar then there is a price of admission whats up with that?
    You seem to have alot of knowledge and experience in fighting. I would love to learn by fighting with you sometime. Why not share your experiences and fight with me sometime? Plus you say I should train in Muay Thai for two years before coming to train with you? Why should I take up MT my interest is WC Purely. I wish to learn more about my WC using the WC by fighting others. Not learning another new foriegn art. I mean I think Muay Thai is great art. But personally I would prefer to learn a harder style Karate over Muay Thai if I was to cross train.

Why make someone wait two years of training in Muay Thai? Do you teach Muay Thai. What school In st.louis teaches authenic Muay Thai any way where you fight every class?

Why so set on me going to learn Muay Thai before we can fight?

anyway I am located in St.Louis MO. The offer is still open lets spar sometime Teach me a thing or too. That way I can come on here tell everyone what a great fighter you are an you can back up your talk with your skill in fighting!

I guess the only way I can get you to fight is talk arrogant and pretend i am a Kung Fu Shaolin Master who can hit your pressure points from four feet away an magically disslove your clinch before you can iniatiate a take down and submit me.
    Will that work Terrence. If I say I am undefeated Shaolin Monk from the Himalyas who has come to prove your Martial Arts is weak. Are can I be honest an search out sparring partners to increase my knowledge of WC by sparring with you an others on regular basis.

Qoutes for t_niehoff
    Actually, in all your nonsense you did make one good point (above) -- though you don't realize it.

To practice WCK is to fight with WCK -- not doing forms, not doing drills or exercises (chi sao), but fighting (and with competent fighters).

And people who aren't fighting (with competent fighters) -- who aren't practicing WCK -- can't have an intelligent discussion with the people who are because the former (like you) have a fantasy-based "concept" of WCK and the latter a reality-based experience of WCK. The two don't mesh.

There was a post that you invited people to come train with you because you fight every time you train!

t-_niehoff posted: Our group from time to time takes on new people -- usually because someone in the group wants to bring that person in (for example, they train with them at some gym) or if they seem to be sincere, are serious about training, and very, very persistant (usually we train these guys for the new blood transfusion to the group). We've not had good luck with the latter though -- since the people in our group are die-hards in terms of our training and most people aren't looking for that level of training. We don't charge money to train.If you are serious (serious in terms of you are training to fight and will fight as part of your training from day 1 of your training, so you'll need to be in shape, prepared to take the punishment, etc.) then email me at tniehoff@gmail.com. I will respond to you. I keep of list of interested persons and when someone in our group indicates they are willing to take on someone to train, I pass on the name (persistance counts).

I understand you don't train to statisfy people curiousity?why do you train then?

I am really interested NieHoff here is what you said above!
    I am very interested in Training and Fighting with you guys!

Are you ready?
    Last edited by Yoshiyahu; 03-07-2009 at 12:16 PM. Reason: adding text

"You seem to have alot of knowledge and experience in fighting."

***DON'T be so sure about that. Without even one single vid, there's no evidence whatsoever about anything wing chun or fighting of any kind attributable to him.

Keep that in mind.

If you are really serious, you'll pay that price.
    He'd have to be serious to pay the price, but he'd probably want to know that he was going to end up with something worth paying for if he paid it.

On evidence to date, a "fantastic" assumption. It would probably be better for him to weigh up the probabilities of it being worthwhile ... and no doubt end up coming to the same conclusion as the rest of us, viz. what you're selling we don't want to buy, and that the infomercials are becoming really annoying.
    Last edited by anerlich; 03-07-2009 at 08:13 PM.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

wow

You guys really must have a low opinion of that guy. Usually people who talk really arrognant have lots of fights. You can not be arrogant with out fighting all the time. Just being arrognant will get you into alot of scrapes and tussles. So Terrence must have had atleast some personal experiences. Any way I don't think he wants to spar with me.

We stay in the same city. So It would be no problem for me to pop up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatewingchun View Post
    "You seem to have alot of knowledge and experience in fighting."

***DON'T be so sure about that. Without even one single vid, there's no evidence whatsoever about anything wing chun or fighting of any kind attributable to him.

Keep that in mind.

Yea, As for the price. He says I should join a Muay Thai School for two years. After paying tution for two years at a Muay Thai school then i can join his authenic Wing Chun group in 2011 or 2012 if he whims it. But as for joining a school I don't know of any credible Muay Thai Schools in St.louis that compete. I do better finding a MMA school that fights everyday.

There is MMA school I am looking at once I get my gear together.

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    He'd have to be serious to pay the price, but he'd probably want to know that he was going to end up with something worth paying for if he paid it.

On evidence to date, a "fantastic" assumption. It would probably be better for him to weigh up the probabilities of it being worthwhile ... and no doubt end up coming to the same conclusion as the rest of us, viz. what you're selling we don't want to buy, and that the infomercials are becoming really annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    You guys really must have a low opinion of that guy. Usually people who talk really arrognant have lots of fights. You can not be arrogant with out fighting all the time. Just being arrognant will get you into alot of scrapes and tussles. So Terrence must have had atleast some personal experiences.
    its actually really easy to be arrogant when you are on an anonymous internet forum.

Yea, As for the price. He says I should join a Muay Thai School for two years. After paying tution for two years at a Muay Thai school then i can join his authenic Wing Chun group in 2011 or 2012 if he whims it. But as for joining a school I don't know of any credible Muay Thai Schools in St.louis that compete. I do better finding a MMA school that fights everyday.

There is MMA school I am looking at once I get my gear together.
    why the hell would you join an MT school and then join a WC group. if you learn MT for years before you learn WC you will develop a lot of bad habits that you then need to correct in WC.

if you think i am full of BS then we probably have a very different view of what WC is

Quote Originally Posted by clam61 View Post
    its actually really easy to be arrogant when you are on an anonymous internet forum.
    He's not anonymous. He uses his real name.
    'Talk is cheap because there is an excess of supply over demand'

Awesome Thai Boxing vid...

and very appropriate to the subject matter of this thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWTELOTO_NQ